|09-24-2007 until 10-25-2025|
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Ride Report Rules!
Ride Reports is an amazing place, don’t you think? Whether it's the pics you take to record your trip, or the wonderful prose to tell your story, or the effort it takes to put it all together for all of us to enjoy (and for many of you, English is your 2nd language!), the passion you have for motorcycle riding and telling your stories truly stands out and is what makes Advrider so special. Ride Reports is the jewel in the crown of ADVrider!
Since we now have two ride reports forums, use Ride Reports for long trips, lasting a week or weeks or months, where reports tend to be long and contain many pages. For shorter trips lasting less than a week, use the Day Trippin' ride reports forum.
To keep Ride Reports as popular as it is, the Moderators of this forum have jotted down this forum’s rules.
1. Be polite, and keep it civil.
• Keep vulgar stuff and nudity out of Ride Reports. Many riders invite family members and work colleagues, to name just a few, to view their reports. Please don’t offend them. Many of us also, ahem, view these reports from work, please don’t get any of us in trouble by violating our workplace’s rules. If you want to be naughty, do it in Jo Momma.
• If you enjoy someone else's report and would like to make some positive comments or ask questions, please do so. But don’t step on a person’s report with a 100 pic reply of the time “I was there, too!” Certainly, a response with a pic or two can build on someone’s report. But much more than that and you should be writing your own report. And remember, if you have nothing nice to say , or face the consequences .
• Don’t disrupt a person’s report with personal attacks. If you have a beef with the author, discuss it using Private Messaging, or if you must, post it in Jo Momma. We promise you’ll get an impartial reception by 40 thousand very articulate inmates there. Pissing matches will not be tolerated. You puke, we nuke
2. It’s about Motorcycle Ride Reports, ok?
• Not about car, truck, train, quad, snowmobile, airplane, helicopter, bicycle, ski, skateboard, walking, jogging, business trips, pets, or animals. Did we miss any? If you’ve got some of these, post ‘em in Jo Momma: Shiny Things forum, that’s where the Fluff goes.
• Ride reports ought to be personal, not a copy and pasted link to someone else's report or site.
• Ride reports in the Ride Reports forum should have a beginning and an end. Let the Original Poster tell his/her story, it's his ride report and it's his observations to make as he perceives them. If you don't like it, don't read it. Ride Reports is not the place for a rebuttal. Inappropriate off-topic idle banter will be pruned and punted at our discretion. Never ending threads are considered personal weblogs (blogs) and will be moved to a more appropriate forum. We invite you to visit the Inmates forum if you wish to post a blog, where you and your viewers may indulge in personal details, idle banter and drivel.
• Don’t start threads asking about trip or destination information. “What’s a good hotel in…” or “Do you know of a motorcycle tour operator or motorcycle rental in…” These belong in the appropriate Regional Forums or the Trip Planning forum. If you post these here, we’ll move them or nuke them. If you're looking for riders to join you on a planned trip, or looking to meet local ADVers, go to the Regional Forums and select the forum for your area.
• Do not ask for cash donations in your ride report, regardless of the cause. Your ride report should be all about sharing your travels, not a means to obtain funding for your ride or project. Do not post links to sites where you're asking for donations We're not splitting hairs, We know spam when we see it.
• Selling or promoting books, T-shirts, hats, worry beads etc... in Ride Reports is strictly forbidden. Look around; this site is totally spam free. No advertising banners, no popups, no paid advertising, no "site sponsors", no membership fees and we strive to keep it that way. If you want to sell books, photos or other legal paraphernalia from your trip, do it in the Vendors forum only. Do not promote such projects in Ride Reports. No exceptions.
Everything we have listed is mere common sense and politeness. But because the Ride Reports forum is so important to AdvRider, the Moderators and ADV Administrators will take a Zero Tolerance attitude towards these violations. We will edit, prune, delete, ban, and / or move individual replies or even entire threads.
And let's not forget this one: Mod decisions are final, don't whine about it.
These 4 basic rules apply in all forums:
1. No pimping your stuff outside of Vendors.
2. No personal threats or threats against political figures.
3. No porn! (No nips or genitalia. Must be wearing an article of clothing.)
4. Be civil. Don't be an asshat and harsh the ADVenture for others.
Breaking the rules can result in loss of access to some or all of ADV forums. All Mod decisions are final.
If you see something that doesn't belong here or violates the posted rules, click on the Report This link and let us deal with it.
Everyone really appreciates the time and effort required to create and post all of your reports. You reinforce the wonder of why we ride, and help to make this place the best motorcycle forum in the world.
ADVrider Site Wide Forum Rules
Click here to read the site wide rules