Lap Aprons

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Photog, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    Looking at a thread in the Vendor forum reminded me of the Lap Covers or Lap Aprons made for scooters.

Here's a link to the scooterworks page (out of stock at the moment) if you want an idea of what they look like. There are several vendors out there that make 'em--here's another link from Metroscoot as well as the link to the other ADV thread.

Looks like the Stella will be my primary commuter this winter (I'll be doing a nightly 5 mile x2 ride--too short to bother with the GS) so this might work out. I tried one briefly some time ago and liked it, but can't remember which brand it was. :doh
  2. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Priller makes them for their bikes as well. Not available in the US, only EU. Probably some lawyer spoiling all the fun :bluduh

On a side note, I installed a powerlet socket on the Ruckapillar yesterday so I can plug the Gerbings in :D

:vardy
  3. Photog

Oddometer:
    :fitz :fitz :fitz

:bluduh

*grumble*

LOOK! A CHICKEN!
  4. R1150GSA

R1150GSA Saint "Alloy"sius

Oddometer:
    You know, I thought about getting one of those things, but I think it's just easier and less restrictive to put on long underwear.
  5. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:
    Lap Aprons - let me think.... ummmmmm

no

I just don't get it.
  6. Photog

Oddometer:
    I was thinking that if they made them in some sort of plaid, they'd look like kilts.

:1drink
  7. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
    everybody has these things on their scooters in Italy. Work great in the wind and rain and don't look too dorky. :D
  8. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:
    Kilts?

I'm seeing some humor there that is probably inappropriate..... LOL anyway.
  9. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:
    Gerbings... now that's the way to go. Does the jacket pull about 40 watts or something? How do you test the charging system to see what kind of reserve it's got?

The headlight on the Vino is something like 35 watts and doesn't even come on until after the bike is running - does that mean the charging system is running about even when the bike is running or is it just efficient?
  10. donsolo

donsolo MasterOfLosingMaps

Oddometer:
    are there any universal ones like saddlebags?

noone seems to make Riva stuff, and this is JUST what I need...

but I'm a dork and knee drag on turns, just to piss off cages when I'm doing 30.

Found out about that "small tire feel" though...came back up a lot faster than I was expeciting hee hee.

I'm still a bit new.
  11. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Photog. I just found this link to an italian company that makes aprons IN PLAID and other assorted goodies :evil

Sad thing is I don't see one for a Stella :waysad

BUBB, I looked in the owners manual to see what the stock charging system put out. I had the same question with the BR here and it turns out I was ok. The bike puts out 400W (950 ADV does 440W) and the vest only uses 75W or something.

A lot of bikes don't turn the headlight on until it is running. Linzi's SV comes to mind. I believe that is just to conserve battery power if the engine isn't running.
  12. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:
    We went to Bogarts in B'ham yesterday and talked with the saleslady about ....buying a 4th scooter.... actually if we sell 2 we will buy another Vespa - if we sell all 3, we will buy 2 Vespa's Anyway the lady there seems to everything there is to know about scooters. She is very hardcore and rides in all kinds of weather. She runs Gerbing gloves only on her Vespa because she says the charging system won't handle a jacket.

She uses one of those lap aprons and says it adds a great deal to her bad weather riding comfort. I thought it was just a show gadget but after talking with her I'm convinced it's not.

I think she said Bogarts is likely to become a Stella dealer shortly...
  13. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:
    I want to state for the record I do not own a scooter lap apron, I have not ordered one nor will I accept one as a gift if offered.

IN fact if I see you with one I will personally call homeland security and tattle on you.

Wonder Why?
  14. VespaFitz

VespaFitz No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer:
    Too late. Homeland Security has been reading your thoughts and they're sending a representative to confiscate your two-stroke oil.
  15. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:

:rofl

I'm sure you're already on their list for other atrocities :lol3
  16. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Tucano Urbano is what everyone's using on scoots and bikes over here. They look at me funny cause I plug in. :lol3
  17. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:

Hey can't we have a rule that goes on at Cheaha, Atlanta, TWO, NC and Tenn., stays in Cheaha, Atlanta, TWO, NC and Tenn*?

*terms and conditions are subject to change.