Husqvarna TE 250 thread!!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by midengineracer, Apr 30, 2010.

1. midengineracer

midengineracer Lost, with a GPS

Oddometer:
    So, I don't see any specific thread for this bike (and if necessary will accept the TE250/310/450/510 designation for it).

I am buying an 07 TE250 and would love to see some info on this bike from the ADV'ers. I am also on Cafehusky looking for info, but I really like this site for some reason (it must be all the adventure).

Let's see who can post some pics of their small bore TE before I get my bike and add some pics (you have about 8 days from now!) of my own.

Info for upgrades and such is great, I would like this to be a nicely consolidated thread for the Husky.
  2. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I have a Supermoto that I also ride in the dirt. Great bikes.
  3. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    For what its worth the 2010 250 is completely different from prior years and the larger bikes so take care to note the year when you are looking for info.
  4. midengineracer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I briefly thought about the 2010 but that whole new price thing made me run away. The price on these things has gone up about $1000 in the past 3 years...

The bike seems like an awesome bike and I have yet to hear people complain about the bike but there is plenty positive (much like the KTM's).
    I have seen some things to watch out for, known problems and all.
  5. vspeed

vspeed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got an '08 TE250. I started a thread for the smaller Husky's a while back but it never caught on. Hope yours does better.

My TE250 has been a great bike. I use it for woods riding here in southern Ohio. It's very light, very powerful and it soaks up the bumps nicely.

I bought it new in '08. Only mods are removal of throttle stop, Uptite Y connector, and replaced crossover tube with FI hose. Haven't done the power-up kit 'cause it just doesn't seem to need it for what I do. Haven't had any mechanical trouble, did a valve check last fall, all in spec.

[​IMG][/IMG]
  6. midengineracer

Oddometer:
    Did routine maintenance yesterday and added some 7602 parts in prep for riding today. I got the Zeta handguards on but didn't add the deflectors or lights yet (it took longer to get the maintenance done than I thought).

I returned the forks and shocks to stock with the exception of setting sag (I don't have a proper wrench to adjust the preload) and will see how that feels today.

Once I get the last few pieces on the bike, I will post my pics of the bike.
  7. WoodsChick

WoodsChick Long timer

Oddometer:

Congrats on the bike! I'm looking forward to the photo :thumb

I've ridden an `06 TE250 and was really surprised at how nimble and powerful it was. It was a really nice bike!

I love my `07 SM610. I ride it on the street and in the dirt with 17" knobs and dualsporty-type tires. I just picked up a brand new `09 WR125 2-stroke 2 months ago for super-cheap (has the same frame as the new TXC250) and it has been a mind-blowingly fun ride :raabia

WoodsChick
  8. TrailPunter

TrailPunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome bikes. Mines an 06'. I've put a PowerNow in the intake and re-jetted with JD jetting. Other than that I change the oil regularly. You have to realize that it's a 250 and ride it as such. However everyone I ride with that has a bigger bike (even Orange ones) loves it. Be ready to swap sprockets depending on where you ride. Stock 13/50 for woods, and 14/50 or 13/48 for the desert. I've also run 15/48 on a run from Mojave, CA to Primm, NV. 50 to 60 mpg, and I've even ridden it to work (15 miles on I-15). It's a keeper.

Later

Mike
  9. DeBandi

DeBandi Exploring Alabama

Oddometer:
    Any feedback on the 2010 TE250?

[​IMG]
  10. midengineracer

Oddometer:
    Looks and sounds great but I don't have the budget for that. Next year the TE310 will probably get the same upgrades and would be more appropriate for what I do. Then, in 3 more years, I will probably buy a used one...
  11. mazze

mazze Adventurer

Oddometer:
    05 TE250 here. All standard and never had a problem.

This bike is pure fun and I get an ear to ear smile every time I ride.

I have taken it to places were I never thought I could ride, but everything seems easy for the little TE.

It is hard to catch up with the 450's in fast roads, but for tight sections and real off road trails it is just perfect.

Maintenance is easy and not too expensive. At around 6.000 km I changed the piston and the valve seals because it was starting to use some oil, although compression was good and the valves were in spec.
  12. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    I have an 08 TE250 and love it! Only mods I've made have been to make a bit more woods friendly and less road friendly. I did put a rekluse clutch in too a couple of months ago which has been a nice upgrade.

Has anyone done a power up kit on theirs? Thinking about it so thought I'd ask.
  13. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state Supporter

Oddometer:
    same here, no budget for a new one but wow those '10 models. nice
  14. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked one up on Wednesday ('08 TE250), had about four hours on it so far but have enjyed every minute!

It's a bit slower on road than the 400 I had before but so much better on the trail.

Just put of interest what are these 7602 parts that have been mentioned and should I have a tool kit?

BTW am in the UK where every other bike is orange!

Cheers

-Simon
  15. midengineracer

Oddometer:
    Welcome!
    7602 is an outfit here in the states that makes some stronger bits for the case, as well as adding a sight glass for the oil if you want one.
    Good stuff, real happy with what I got from them. ESPECIALLY the kit to change over the oil filter set up. I still have one of the originals stuck on the socket I used to take it out from my first oil change.

I don't know if you are asking if the bike should have come with a kit or not, but mine didn't have one. I carry one in a fender bag.
  16. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks!:thumb

-Simon
  17. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    7602 also makes a nice clutch cover if you put a rekluse in. The stock cover won't fit with the rekluse. Have fun with your new toy!
  18. midengineracer

Oddometer:
    Not a problem. I made it sound like they only do the engine, but in reality, they do radiator guards and other stuff as well. Brake guards, the works. Worth checking them and some other vendors out. There is a Husky specific forum you can go to for a lot of specifics and in a pretty easy to use format.

You're in the southwest, right?
    I am going to the Cambridge area at the end of the year and plan on travelling around to ride the areas while I am there.
  19. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I am in the south west. It's warm and mild here unlike Cambridge which I've found to be dry and really cold!

Does anyone out there know which exhaust I should be looking for, all I seem to see are endpipes for models up to 2007 or 2009 and onwards. I know that there was a lot of monkeying about around then and I wonder if the 2009 engine the is the same as the 2008?

Any ideas wise ones :norton

TIA

-Simon
  20. midengineracer

Oddometer:
    They do model years different in different countries. If your bike is carbeurated, get the 07 pipe; if you have the FI, get the 09 stuff. I don't know if there were internal changes, but the delivery system definitely matters the most here.