Honda PCX 150

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Southerner, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Southerner

Southerner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kinda surprised nobody's mentioned this one yet. Surely somebody here has the 125, at least.

The specs sound about as good as a 150cc scoot is gonna get short of engine mods, the price is right, especially since it's a Honda, and I don't think too many people on ADV, even in the scooter forum are going to be stuck on the classic scooter look.

http://www.scooterfile.com/sf-feature/honda-updates-the-pcx-for-2013-grows-to-150cc/

I hope this doesn't turn into another of Honda's long list of good ideas that doesn't sell (in the U. S., anyway) but surely for the price it should work.
  2. ruckuschick

ruckuschick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks good to me.
  3. Hardguy

Hardguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778499

Still surprised?
  4. Southerner

Southerner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Guess I didn't go back far enough. Dissapointed with the top speeds they report. I was given to understand the thing would top out at 70 and cruise at 60.
  5. damasovi

damasovi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am thinking one of these co

<garbage snipped - mod>

ume it will be a lower price and the fact that I do not need the extra power (always welcome)

Damasovi
    [/FONT]
  6. Discojon75

Discojon75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 150 version of this is very tempting...
  7. Castle

Castle Red Cloud Slept Here

Oddometer:
    I've had a PCX150 on order since April. It is supposed to show up in August. :cry Honda must not want to sell motorbikes in the US because nothing is available in the spring and early summer when customers want to buy them.
  8. hayasakiman

hayasakiman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does it come with a kick starter? I can not tell from looking at the photos of Honda web site.
  9. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't believe it does. I don't know of any fuel injected scooter that has a kick starter.
  10. hayasakiman

Oddometer:
    Oh, I didn't know that FI scooters don't have them kick starters. I feel a little insecure (?) without it on a motorcycle/scooter as I feel that way with my Yamaha Riva 125. Guess, I'm old school.
  11. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If the battery is down the fuel injection will not work any way.
  12. Kennon

Kennon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i doubt the 150cc would ever sell in the UK as the 125 is the market share for scooters for learners or those who need a scooter to commute about so the 150cc market is non exsistant here, the 125 sells so quickly herre dont even get to see a new one in dealerships that isnt baught ofcourse there is the used market but most of these already look battle scarred which is a shame as i quite like the looks of the PCX.
    heres a link of one with Rothmans replica look
    http://img67.xooimage.com/views/e/9/0/pcx-e-ro-all-28ea5d4.jpg/
    despite being born the very last year of rothmans sponsorship 93 i still love the classic design and colour scheme

Kennon
  13. hayasakiman

Oddometer:
    Minimum cranking voltage is probably around 10VDC. FI cut off voltage is may be around 9VDC.
    Starter motor demand more juice to crank. If the battery is weak, I would want every juice got to FI while kick start the engine if so equipped.

When my PGFI equipped Civic's battery was weak, the starter motor was not cranking. Engine didn't start. But I was able to push start the engine alone and get home safely.

Having kick-start is like having an insurance to me, especially, you can not push start scooters.
  14. Kmart

Kmart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After some 25 years scooterless, I got the itch to get something small and nimble to run around town. Went to the local Ducati/Vespa/Piaggio dealer last year to look around and ended up with a Ducati Multistrada 1200 instead of a scooter so that was a bit stupid.

I started looking again back in April of this year and really wanted to get something used for a reasonable price but CL is filled with chinese junk and maybe 1 in 100 ads is actually worth even reading.

Anyway, I stopped at the local Honda dealer earlier today and asked about the PCX 150. Was told they had one still in the crate but will take it out for me to take a peek. Turns out the shop guys just finished the assembly so I was able to get a close inspection. After some deliberations, they offerred me a OTD price below MSRP so I plunked the cash on the table and the thing is now mine.

[​IMG]

Will pick it up a bit later next week. Can't wait !
    LarryRickenbacker likes this.
  15. hayasakiman

Oddometer:
    cool
  16. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Looks great! Please submit a ride report with your impressions once you pick it up. Enjoy!
  17. Discojon75

Discojon75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. InlineSkate

InlineSkate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I got my PCX150 on July 3rd. This is my first bike so I really don't have anything to compare it to experience wise, but i'll give my thoughts.

Power wise the scooter had me surprised for only 150cc's the scooter pulls hard and quickly even with 2 people. I live in a city that has speed limits ranging from 35 - 55 mph so this came as a blessing. For reference me and my girlfriend are 220 and 180lb's respectively.

I am currently breaking the scooter in so I did not take it on the expressway as of yet I will make this attempt at 300 miles and the initial oil change.

Being my first 2 wheeled vehicle I would say that it handles great very small turning circle and feels very nimble around corners, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Some other minor thoughts on the bike I love the detail to aesthetics on this scooter everything seems well designed and it is by far at least in my opinion one of the nicest scooters on the road. I do have a few quibbles though. The seat doesn't latch down very smoothly it requires a bit of force to have it latch and has a general cheapness to it. The signal lights we're attached due to US regulations i'm guessing but there was little effort in making them into more than an after thought. They feel flimsy to the touch. One last issue are the rider pegs my girlfriend says they are prone to folding back in around corners. Her being a new passenger though i'm unable to confirm if this is because they slide in on their own or if she is kicking them in on accident.

These are all minor issues in comparison to the whole package and I would say it is worth every penny.

I paid $3,900 for the scooter. Freight was dropped and other tax magic was supposedly done to keep the price down at least according to my dealer. He also told me that I have the first one sold in Michigan and may have the first one sold in the country. Seeing the lack of reviews on a scooter that garnered so much hype i'm starting to believe so.
  19. oldhippie1

oldhippie1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dealers here in Kansas don't know when they will have them. Looks great. I've got a 94 Honda Helix I bought new with 65698 miles. They last a long time. Wonder how fast one of these 150's will go and gasoline mileage.
  20. forasong

forasong n00b

Oddometer:
    I saw that Kmart got perhaps the first PCX 150 for less than MSRP OTD. InLineSkate, you said you got yours for about $3900. Is that out the door? I'm in Florida and I've been waiting for a PCX to hit a local dealership. The two closest dealerships to me both told me within the last couple of weeks that the PCX 150s wouldn't be arriving until late in the year, or early 2013. Then I stop in today and there is a black one on the floor. I was quoted an out the door price of $4,672. I wanted to do a little research before countering. I don't mind paying a fair price, but when I see on this forum that one went for under MSRP and the other was not much over...well, I wasn't born yesterday. If either of you could give me your itemized breakdown (bike, tax, registration, dealer prep, freight), I would truly appreciate. That would give me a little more negotiating power. Thanks!