Warped VIII: The Epilogue

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Gerg, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Suffice to say, you didn't attend Warped VIII as much as you survived it :deal

This year we REALLY worked on the endurance drinking part. We had rain, lots of rain, but for a change of pace we had SNOW... and plenty of cold.

I'm going to let the attendees post their stories and pictures. An amazing bunch of ADVENTURE RIDERS and I'm proud of all of them!!!

My stories and pictures after I get things put away, cleaned up, and a nap.

Gerg
  2. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  3. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer

Oddometer:
    :d
  4. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    Home... thawing out and hanging a whole buncha wet shit out to dry. Yeesh.
    The beer was good and the company great. Coulda done without the snow, though.

Super thanks to Gerg and the minions for another well organized event. Even though the weather gods didn't see fit to cooperate.. the ride over and the ride back were ok for most of us, and we never ran out of stuff to talk and lie about around the fire that never went out!

Good to see everyone and share the year's stories :clap :freaky
  5. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Had a great ride home with Ben Carufel and Dragon M. Tent is set up in the garage and the sleeping bag is haging up to dry. I stink. I'm going to take a shower while the pictures upload.

Oh, GillaFunk . . . :fyyff :lol3
  6. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    video trailer soon...
  7. Augie_Dogie

Augie_Dogie Ride More; Post Less

Oddometer:
    Safe & Sound Back in LV
    :D
    Gerg: Thanks for the great organizing effort.....

A_D
  8. dyvking

Oddometer:
    There is a lot of that goin' around!

There were, um, water issues in camp. Too much above ground, not enough below ground.
  9. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
  10. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lUbKN48zFuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
  12. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    that's how i felt yesterday:rofl
  13. Ben Carufel

Ben Carufel Boxer Addict

Oddometer:
    LOL. The 25% off gin. Awesome...that sat on our table for a day after you guys generously tried to pawn it off on us ;).
  14. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Ok, Clean, rig mostly empty, nap, and fed...

So what did we have @ Warped VIII

We had beer
    [​IMG]

We had snow
    [​IMG]

Note the attempt to protect the only warmth we had... and it worked

We had excitement in the Swamp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course in typical AdvRider fashion we took pictures, and that was damn near impassable on a road bike (especially a BIG one) due to the rain.

BS Sessions (this was during a break on Friday in the rains, IIRC)
    [​IMG]

There are a LOT more pictures that I hope were captured. I was remiss in my picture taking...

I got a 25 cup coffee pot this last Christmas and it was put to very good use. I think I made 5 pots on Friday and a minimum of three in any one session. I went through over 2 lbs of coffee.

From my memory, it started raining in earnest about 9:00 PM on Thursday and finally quit around 9:00 AM on Saturday. We had a few breaks, the longest being about 3 hours. The snow came down for about an hour and our typical temps were in the mid to upper 30's until Saturday. Sunday started very cold but as soon as the sun crested the hill it was quite nice. I had to change clothes before I left because I was getting too hot!

Walt eluded to water issues. The site well had a casing failure which cut the water. They brought in a couple porta pottys which held us until they got some water tanks in place and water/showers were again available... until around 8:00 this morning when we used all of it. Water was back on before I left at 12:00.

In spite of the weather we had a memorable and good time.

Thanks to all the folks who helped with the setup of the EZ-ups, fire tending, and beer duties. Special thanks to Conestogaman for another sample of his excellent home brew AND to Sopascat for the BIG batch of brownies she put together for the complainers (Where's the Brownies????).

We had 70 folks who showed up. We drank 3 15 gallon kegs and had to take up a collection for another 4 cases to get us through Saturday night. The Thursday night keg of Blonde went over VERY well... in fact we came VERY close to drinking it all on Thursday. We probably would have had there not been a false alarm saying "it's out" with people believing it... we had another 2 to 3 gallons left but folks weren't pumping the keg enough to extract it!

Looking forward to the other pictures... I know they are out there... POST 'EM

Gerg
  15. dyvking

Oddometer:
    The mantra of the event quickly became " The forecast says the weather will be better tomorrow"

Kinda like the bar sign "Free beer tomorrow"

Despite the foul camp weather, lack of water and NOTICABLE shortage of FF's, those that survived still managed to stay mostly dry and drunk. Conestogaman's home brewed stout was killer, and the local blond was a hit, too. The red went dry about halfway through dinner.

Oh yeah... and yours truly won not one, but TWO door prizes :clap

So hats off to those who stayed home, thereby increasing my chances of winning:deal

I hate to admit it, but I only took ONE freakin' photo the whole weekend, and propriety prevents me from posting it. Well, propriety and that old "what goes around, comes around" thing. The photo did involve a white motorcycle and two very close friends, however. :hide
  16. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  17. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:

:huh
  18. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    All I have to say is

BIG BUTT CAKE & GirlsinYogaPants

:rofl

and I rode 800 miles to hang out with a bunch of drunken motorbike riding ass-clowns for ONE night and was volunteered to run the 10th Anniversary of WARPED

Sounds like a damn fine weekend to me!

Hamster nipples?? WTF!

[​IMG]
  19. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are, as always, welcome. :deal
    Really sad to have missed this one. :cry Not having these stories about the rain and the snow and the toads and locusts will reduce my lie reserve by 30%. :norton
    Glad you guys are making it back safely.
  20. dyvking

Oddometer:
    Oh, kwitcherbitchin. I rode HALF that in TWICE as many days, and you don't hear ME complaining. And I didn't lose my wallet or nuthin'.

Oh yeah.. and good to see you again, you Fuck.