anyone have suggestions on what events to go to in the future, 2013?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by DigiSeven, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DigiSeven

DigiSeven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    trying to get some insight on what the biggest and best events are for the united states for the year of 2013. trying to put together a calander and any suggestions would be great! preferably vintage style/adventure events. Again any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks, ride on!
  2. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    Oh, yeah! Here are a few:

Dania Beach Vintage Motorcycle Show in Dania Beach, FL - January 26, 2013

International Vintage Motorcycle Swap Meet and Bike Show in Eustis, FL - March 8-9, 2013

Vintage Motorcycle Show & Swap Meet in Hanford, CA - May 18, 2013.

AHRMA Vintage Motorcycle Classic in Elkhart Lake, WI - June 6-9, 2013

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days in Lexington, OH - It happened July 20-22, 2012. 2013 dates not set yet.

Harvest Classic in Luckenbach, TX - October 25-26, 2013

If you find yourself in Southern California, the little Danish town of Solvang has a motorcycle museum worth seeing.
  3. DigiSeven

DigiSeven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thank you high country much appreciated. Do you go to all of these festivals?
  4. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    I wish. The only one I've been to is the museum in Solvang. I go to the MotoGP in Monterey every year, but vintage stuff isn't the focus of the event.

Every time I hear of an event, I have something else I can't get out of. I wanted to go to the Hanford swap meet, but had to work. Just two weeks ago, they had an all British bike event at Castaic Lake in So Cal. But I was commited to work on a pit crew for a Nitro Funny Car (not that I'm complainin'). I would have added that to the list, but couldn't find a single mention of it on the web. I read it somewhere on advrider, but can't find it now.
  5. DigiSeven

DigiSeven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    nice i just did the barber raceway , their museum is ridiculous. How is monterey? i wanna go, the reason im asking is cause we are going to be setting up a booth to sell clothes, and i def wanna go to the events that have alot of people.
  6. High Country Herb

Oddometer:
    MotoGP at Laguna Seca is an awesome event. in 2012, there were just over 52,000 people there on Saturday, with 137,000 total for the 3-day event. Anyone selling stuff seemed to be busy. You could barely even get into the Cycle Gear tent, and Arai had a line waiting to buy $600 helmets.

I think there are still drive-in camp spots available, which is probably cheaper than trying to find a hotel. They also have motorcyle camping on unimproved grass fields. We have a group of about 10 guys, and go in on a large spot to fit all of us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. DigiSeven

DigiSeven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just missed this one, thanks for the heads up high country. my friend actually raced it and got 4th. Wish i had made it, next year i'll be there for sure. Whats the next event your going to ?
  8. DigiSeven

DigiSeven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    also high country if there is any other events that aren't vintage style that has alot of people show up to it please keep me plugged in, and again thanks for the all the great info. If you find yourself in venice,ca please stop by deus ex machina and say hi. my name is mikey.
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  10. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
    Pikes Peak Hillclimb, July 4

Bonneville Speed Week, Sept

Baja 1000, Nov

Any AMA flattrack, all over, all thru the year.