Lighting question.

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by A.J., Jan 26, 2013.

1. A.J.

A.J. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone run auxillary lights with safari tanks and high fender? Just curious what fits and works well. I have a euro headlight with h.i.d. but I would like more light to the side and to fill in the gaps.
  2. geometrician

geometrician let's keep going...

Oddometer:
    Here's my solution to added light with a high-fender modification (with SW-Motech high crash guards) Mounted with extension plate mounted to bottom of front subframe/instrument bracket. Granted these aren't Safari tanks but they ought to fit

Hella FF-75s, metal-reflector & glass lens and can take 100watts of heat w/o a problem. Uses H3 bulbs which can be converted to HID if you so choose... $35 off eBay new in box. "FF" stands for "free form" and the pattern these put out is better than I expected- I compared them at night with several other lights I had, including a set of similar PIAAs

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16938782&postcount=29

[​IMG]
  3. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the Black dog mount with Baja designs squadrons and they work fine with the Safari tanks and low fender. I don't know about the high fender with this type of light mount, but I'm looking forward to the answer.
  4. A.J.

A.J. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Mr_Snips

Mr_Snips Husky BRAAAAAAAAP!

Oddometer:
  6. pvmoto

pvmoto Instagram @ pvmoto

Oddometer:
    I have a similar issue. I have a set of Rigid Industries D2's that I ran without issue with the standard guard. Since the high guard conversion I'm at a loss as to where to put them now.
  7. Mud Bucket

Mud Bucket 60% of the time I'm right every time

Oddometer:
    I just fab'ed up an aluminum bracket in November to hold the Rigid 6" LED light bar. 3600 Lumens, very bright with 2 floods with 700 Lumens each. Adds a lot to the over all light with minimal power impact. Uses the factor holes and out of the way. I am using the 6" Led hybrid with the combination of floods on the sides and spot in the middle. I also was able to mount 2 extra floods for lighting up corners or those sneaky deer. Click on the lick to see

http://s1133.beta.photobucket.com/user/kicknasstknnames/library/KTM 990R lights

Cheers:clap
  8. KTMSAM

KTMSAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nicely Done! I am very jealous of that set up, that looks great! I'm going to get some Rigid's on my bike too, but now you made me rethink which ones I might buy!
  9. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aux Lights work good under the headlight or on crash bars. One thing that is nice about separate lights is the ability to aim them individually. One thing thats nice about a light bar is that they dont get damaged in a fall over.:eek1
    Here is my personal bike

[​IMG]
  10. Mud Bucket

Mud Bucket 60% of the time I'm right every time

Oddometer:

Also look at the ONX by Baja designs. Looks a bit more spendy but similar to size.
    The only thing I'm not sure is my lower lights on the bars. Those are dually Rigid spots. Great for long distance but may be an issue through the rough trails
  11. KTMSAM

KTMSAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh man, those are awesome! Thanks for the info, I will definitely check those out and figure out what I can afford. I will be sure to make a build thread if I do something sweet :D
  12. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like This?
    [​IMG]
    Pulled the screen/grill below the headlight and used the threaded holes the screen bolts too
  13. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: