Leaking valve on Rukka Liner

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Square4, May 11, 2013.

1. Square4

Square4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a Rukka Jacket off of another inmate and really like the jacket. My problem is that it has a liner that can be inflated through a tube located near my throat. The liner inflates fine but there is a valve that is located at the bottom of the liner that for some reason leaks out the air and deflates the liner. Does anyone have experience with this valve? Does it need to be lubricated? Do I need to silicone it shut? Not sure of what purpose it serves unless it can deflate when in an accident to absorb energy. I did not get any paper work from the inmate that I bought this from and am trying to figure out the best solution. Thought I would ask other inmates that might have had a similar problem.

Square 4:clap
  2. Square4

Square4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I contacted Rukka and they said that this liner was made by W L Gore and that I should contact them for the best solution. So that is my next action.

Square 4:rofl
  3. Socrates

Socrates Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have this liner in my Rukka AirVision jacket. It is called an AirVantage liner. It's built by Gore.

The purpose of the liner is to control the amount of insulation you require. If it's cold out, you inflate the liner to create more insulation.

Mine has worked flawlessly since I've owned it. I never lubricate it or do any kind of maintenance. Gore should fix yours under their warranty.
  4. Square4

Square4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clapI learned from Rukka that that my jacket was last made in 2009. I contacted Gore and they knew exactly what I was talking about and they still make this liner. They are sending me free a new valve to replace my defective one. This is like a safety valve designed to insure that the seams do not get over pressurized and cause them to fail. I will update my experience on replacing this valve.

Square4