Moving to Boise area December 1

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Kent Glasscock, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Kent Glasscock

Kent Glasscock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. I'm taking the plunge and doing a job transfer to work in the great city of Boise. I've done a thread search on mechanics there and saw some good words for Cyclone Cycles. I talked to Dennis and he was real nice so that's a plus. If there are other mechanics recommended please let me know. I'm working on my off roading skills and setting up my WR250r accordingly. I'm looking to live in the Nampa/Kuna area (maybe Star). I did see the link on home rentals and I'll be searching more when I get there. Trying to rent a home out in the country (but no too far from work) under the $900.00. Looking forward to meeting fellow ADVers in the future and really doing some exploring of the state. Thanks and all the best.
  2. hyperboarder

hyperboarder Potato Farmer

Oddometer:
    I don't know who you've been talking to, but the riding here is terrible, you probably shouldn't come out here :D.

I've been here 7 months and run into some great riders and great rides. Really looking forward to pushing further north from the city next summer. The trails here are plentiful and fun.
  3. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River

Oddometer:
    Hope you're not moving here for the riding, because it's pretty limited. :lol3
    There's a few miles of trail out in Owyhee County that suffice during winter months. And a tad bit of mountain single track for the summer months. But other than that, just straight freeways and locked up private land....:wink:

I've had good luck with Andy and the mechanics at Moto One on Orchard near the freeway in Boise. Even if you don't use their mechanics, check out the shop. Gear and equipment prices are rarely beatable.

Welcome to the valley.
  4. SWICKED

SWICKED Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    op you and i are in the same boat but my boat ride ends in Medford Or. i wish you luck on your adventure.
  5. idahoskiguy

idahoskiguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing here but sage ticks and forest fires......

:freaky
  6. FXRBILL

FXRBILL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dennis and Lee at Cyclone Cycles are top notch with reasonable rates.They have worked on my Aprilia and Honda with no issues.Should be plenty of rentals in Kuna at that price range.
  7. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Welcome, you may find us a little different out here, as from I've been told we're a pretty laid back group of folks. Riding, humm, well since your new to the area you can go riding and never take the same route twice if'in you want too.

I am sure you will find the right group of like minded nut cases to ride-n-camp if that be your intent. You may just be one of those who prefers to just perform the "On Any Sunday" experience of single tracking or trials riding........ there's a good contingent of those folks too. What ever your ambitions (riding style) we have it all!!

Andy's at Moto One is just around the corner from my place he's Great! Prices are always good.

I have moved away twice in the last 20 odd years for better paying jobs but always returned shortly for the quality of life.

All the best and hopefully we'll see you out there :ricky

So with my skewed since of humor ....... just watch the first 45 seconds to get the gist.

Willkommen.......... To .......... Boise.......... Idaho that is! We're a little different :D....:1drink
    <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hBlB8RAJEEc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
  8. Kent Glasscock

Oddometer:
    Awesome help guys. Appreciate the warm welcome. Thanks!
  9. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
    You will love our area if you love riding, on or off road. And yes IdahoSam is right, he is weird.:lol3:lol3
  10. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    +1 on all of that. :wave
  11. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:

Takes one to know one!!:D

12. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    :clap
  13. Solarbronco

Solarbronco Long timer

Oddometer:
    Idaho is an awesome place for a Dirtrider. Tons of places to ride. Sometimes I just head to the foothills behind the city for afterwork rips. You can take off up 8th street, hit a trail and ride forever. Or, at least till you run out of gas.

I'm thinking about doing the T-1 Tour of idaho this summer. Over 1000 miles of trails, single track, dirtroads that go almost to Canada.

Also, if you like college basketball, our Bronco's have a hell of a team this year. Takes our mind off the football season we have suffered thru this year.

Boise. Just enough of a city to get what you want, surrounded by Mountains, forests and Desert.

Let me know if ya want to go riding. My buddies and I usually start riding the lower Snake river areas in early February.
  14. Kent Glasscock

Oddometer:
    Well, the hardest part was finding a place but I got a decent townhome to rent in Nampa. I wanted a place out in the country so I could have some fires in the back but that will all come in due time. This is the first pick I took. I rode to Nyssa to make this my Christmas card. Its also when i realized I needed some heated gloves. Ice and snow on the highway I do not like. I've only been able to ride a few times to work. But my first day was -2 so hey, great first impression. Hope to meet some of you in the future.
    [​IMG]
  15. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    seriously, Welcome to Idaho. This place will grow on you. Hope to see you out there :ricky
  16. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    You my friend are living proof that manly men immigrate to Idaho!!:clap