Dixie bound

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by windburn, Nov 14, 2012.

1. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a cold November morning I headed south on my Silver Wing to meet up with Sarg at the Shop. Sarg was changing his oil before the ride south from Dayton, Ohio to Bowling Green, Kentucky. Sarg rides a new Genuine Scooter, blur, 220cc.
    Heres Sarg bundled for the cold at a lunch stop at the Dixie Chili on route 127 south. Route 4 in Ohio is called the Dixie Highway, when you cross the Ohio river in Cincinnati it changes to 127 but it is still called the Dixie Highway.

[​IMG]

Our goal in mind was to see the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green but it is really about the ride. 127 south is a great riders road with hills and hollers, rivers and streams. A rural road that passes through whisky distillery and farms.

The first Corvette was a 1953 white with the new Fiberglas body. It was white with a red interior. It was considered to be under powered.

[​IMG]
    We also toured the Louisville & Nashville Rail Road Museum.

[​IMG]
    It became apparent that a four day trip would need to be shortened as a major storm was a day away so we departed Bowling Green after seeing the city and Western Kentucky University home of the Hill toppers.

Along Route 31 w heading North we past the Wigwam Motel.

[​IMG]
    We headed east along the Blue Grass Parkway to quicken our return. At Frankfurt we headed North again to it's junction with US 42 on the Banks of the Ohio River. The trip recorded 660 miles in three days.

[​IMG]
  2. wannabe1

wannabe1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice pics and report.

Did you ever switch rides and ride the Blur for any length of time? I am real curious as to whether you could stand it at all after leaving the comfort of the swing. I really love fast small scooters but also desire a maxi someday also.
  3. Starbuck21

Starbuck21 Manly scooterist!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the report and pictures! Glad to see you out and having fun on your scoots!!!
  4. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wannabe1,
    I did not ride Sarg's Blur. His new Blur has the 220cc. It is his second Blur. He can cruise at 65 mph but does slow a bit on hills. He added a windshield and black steel rack. I tend to follow him because I have the unfriendly habit of going too fast on the Silver Wing. :D. We are members of the Gem City Rollers Scooter Club in Dayton, Ohio.