Aduanas in Costa Rica....

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by jimmy2020, Jan 30, 2013.

1. jimmy2020

jimmy2020 limpiador de ventanas

Oddometer:
    I had a "stator" sent FEDEX to San Jose. A simple part, with all the supposedly required paperwork (commercial invoice and etc.). It's been stuck in customs for 2 days now....these people are a pain in the ass.
    I'm getting a little frustrated:becca
  2. Airhead Wrangler

Airhead Wrangler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Then consider yourself lucky. Mexico often takes two WEEKS, if it arrives at all.
  3. ApexJeff

ApexJeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We stored out moto's in San Jose for over 10 months, extended the 90 day permits, with nothing but a great experience!!!
  4. tam162

tam162 Two wheel Terry

Oddometer:
    Milwaukie, Oregon / winters in Costa Rica
    I want to leave my bike in Costa Rica when I go back to the US in April then I plan to return in November and ride on to South America before returning the bike to Oregon. I entered Costa Rica in December and my 90 days will be up on, 3/19. Any suggestions on how this can be done without paying the $2,500 plus import tax?
  5. ApexJeff

ApexJeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Contact, Danny @ danny.alvarado@aeromar.co.cr he has a bonded warehouse, has all the contacts, will write you a letter stating storage of moto. Expensive close to $70 per month,but secure, dirty so cover moto, also close to airport. A great mechanic 2 blocks away to fire it up after storing..
  6. Bob Cayjun

Bob Cayjun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We plan to leave our bikes in Costa Rica for 4 months before coming back to pick them up. What steps do we need to take to extend our permit beyond 90 days??
  7. tam162

tam162 Two wheel Terry

Oddometer:
    Milwaukie, Oregon / winters in Costa Rica
    This is still kind of clear as mud to me. I have a home here near San Rafel de Heredia with a nice secure garage for storage and would hope to leave the bike here. Is this possible or does it have to go some type of bonded storage facility?