ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KTM 625sxc (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130970)

manoir 04-12-2006 10:30 AM

KTM 625sxc

Hello Chaps
i am about to buy one of these and cannot find any feed back on any site BIZARRE!!. Has anybody had one any info i wanted a fun bike all terain plus road and easy to ride i had a Lc4 enduro so i know the engine and loved it.
Just got rid of a manic powerband 2 stroke so was thinking this would be a good replacement for a fun ride without the white knuckle 2 stroke ie a little easy riding on a summers evening but with the grunt there if i want it. Sometimes you just want to ride and enjoy whats around so thought this would be ideal plus trips to town etc

Feed back would be great

Texmoto1 04-12-2006 11:28 AM

That bike is BIG, real BIG. My Brother had an XR650R(Damn Big Bike) and we rode with a guy on a 625. The 625 dwarfs the 650! If you are into anything but Desert riding, I would not recomend the 625. Thats just me though, if I am on tight single track I want 450 size or less. If you are talking desert though, that 625 might be the bomb. To me that bike is just too big and heavy for anything else. The real place to look for opinions would be on www.thumpertalk.com . They are geared more twords the 4 stroke dirt bikes than this site is.

DEANGELIS 04-12-2006 02:23 PM

I was sketchy buying my Supercomp but...

Now I can't ride anything smaller. Big power, tall seat is the only way I'll fly from now on. I'm only 5'7" so I can't really lay it over like my CR but I'm still thrilled in every way with the bike.

meat popsicle 04-12-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoir
Hello Chaps
i am about to buy one of these and cannot find any feed back on any site BIZARRE!!.

Has anybody had one? any info? i want a fun bike, all terain (plus road), and easy to ride.

i had a Lc4 enduro so i know the engine and loved it.

Just got rid of a manic powerband 2 stroke. I was thinking this would be a good replacement: a fun ride without the white knuckle 2 stroke (ie a little easy riding on a summers evening but with the grunt there if i want it).

Sometimes you just want to ride and enjoy whats around so thought this would be ideal plus trips to town etc

Feed back would be great

hard to read... :cry brain hurts... :cry fixed. :lol3

You had an LC4e? Almost exactly the same bike. I believe the only differences are the SXC comes with a pumper carb (FCR), SXC exhaust, and... that's about it eh?

I believe it's the Supermoto version that comes with a different swingarm (for the wider supermoto rims) and different offset on the triple clamp.

There are others around that can discuss this bike in greater detail, but they might have been disuaded by your post's grammer... :amazon

clintnz 04-12-2006 03:23 PM

I have an 03 640 Enduro & a couple of weeks ago I had a go on a 625. It was pretty much what you'd expect from looking at the specs - A little lighter, a little more pep from the FCR carb & SXC pipe, a little narrower with the smaller tank, a little more suspension travel, a little more vibey with the hard mounted bars, a bit taller, a slimmer harder seat. Basically the 640 Enduro's evil dirty twin.

Big fun for more open offroad riding. As texmoto1 says, not a real tight singletrack machine, but if you're big that won't be so much of an issue.

Some of the US models came with the BST carb, & the later models carry more oil like the 640E

Cheers
Clint

creeper 04-12-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
You had an LC4e? Almost exactly the same bike. I believe the only differences are the SXC comes with a pumper carb (FCR), SXC exhaust, and... that's about it eh?

That and less oil capacity. :brow

manoir 04-12-2006 03:35 PM

Grammer

Not sure whats wrong with my grammer but if you check the KTM specs you will find a lot different kilos discs metal etc at least thats the case with the version for sale in France but hey it could be there grammer!!!
Quote:

hard to read... :cry brain hurts... :cry fixed. :lol3

I believe it's the Supermoto version that comes with a different swingarm (for the wider supermoto rims) and different offset on the triple clamp.

There are others around that can discuss this bike in greater detail, but they might have been disuaded by your post's grammer... :amazon

manoir 04-12-2006 03:40 PM

Lc4 section

No sorry i did not look in the LC4 section appologies i now feel so very small that perhaps i should ask about a 50cc suzuki!!! heard that question?
Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper

meat popsicle 04-12-2006 03:45 PM

50cc Suzuki!!! :super Those bikes rock.

I see that some good folks have shown up to help you with the comparsion. You are in good hands. Now if only the Grammar Nazi would show up and help you with your english. (ChrisC is the Spelling Nazi - does he double as the Grammer one too? :dunno)

clintnz 04-12-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper

Not the '05 I rode - same system as the E & Adv. Earlier model SXC's didn't have the oil in frame though.

Cheers
Clint

creeper 04-12-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clintnz
Not the '05 I rode - same system as the E & Adv. Earlier model SXC's didn't have the oil in frame though.

Cheers
Clint

No shit?

They stopped selling SXCs in the US after '04, so maybe KTM decided to upgrade the SXC for other countries, as they seem to be ridden quite a bit on the street in Europe.
Or, commonize the LC4 series across the board with the extra oil capacity.

Just a WAG on my part.

C

txrider 04-12-2006 06:25 PM

If your used to an LC4 the SXC is a little lighter, a little more powerful, feels a little nimbler. I like mine, at 225lbs and 6'3" it suits me great, a little slow in tight woods but it'll do it and I have fun at it.

ChrisC 04-12-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

(ChrisC is the Spelling Nazi - does he double as the Grammer one too? :dunno)

That would be Kelsey Grammer?

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/78/45/12m.jpg

Thanks Meat.... :cry

meat popsicle 04-12-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisC
That would be Kelsey Grammer?

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/78/45/12m.jpg

Thanks Meat.... :cry

Don't beat yourself up mang, you ain't as bad off as you thunk:

http://www.celebritywonder.com/pictu...is_4540360.jpg

the word 'augmented' comes to mind...

bcutter 04-12-2006 07:56 PM

625 SXC GREAT Bike

Meat,
I have a 625 for now over a year, and for running down the road, esp gravel, there is none better. More power than anyone needs. Dirt-bike handling. I agree that it is a little big for tight singletrack. I put a 'KOUBA link on mine and lowered it a bit. Unless you're over 6'1" you'll have trouble touching uneven ground in the woods, so I lowered mine a couple of inches,just enough. I always went down the road on my road bike, and looked at gravel roads that went by, and wondered where they went. Now I don't have to wonder, I just take off and find out. A GREAT adventure bike. I am going to take mine on the Trans-America trail this month( Misssissippi to Oklahoma) www.springtat.com.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:20 PM.