ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Day Trippin' (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Getting Colder (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1335)

Arbey Canuck 01-14-2002 07:34 AM

Getting Colder

It was close to -10c this morning when I left for work (I guess around 14f). Coldest morning yet ... but no snow!!!!

Spoiled myself by wearing my thermal socks and actually used the heated grips. Position 2 actually got too hot ... but the good news was the equal amounts of heat in each grip. Anti fog spray worked great also ... just need to make sure that the visor is wiped properly.

Geez ... now I'm probably good to -20c (-4f)!!!!!!

I was following a Durango for about 10 mins @ about 180kph ... and got a cold spot just above my right eyebrow. Guess my visor is leaking air a bit at that speed!!!

Guess I'll just have to slow down if and when the headache starts!!!!! :rofl

Gyromaniac 01-14-2002 07:50 AM

Re: Getting Colder

Quote:

Originally posted by Arbey Canuck
Spoiled myself by wearing my thermal socks ... and got a cold spot just above my right eyebrow.
You wuss. You complain too much.:rofl

Steverino 01-14-2002 08:04 AM

You Tell Him Gyro

If he is going to rub our noses in the fact that he rides in the cold, then he should not be snivelling about it.

and Gyro, Hey baby do you look as good as I do? :evil :rofl

Gyromaniac 01-14-2002 09:47 AM

Re: You Tell Him Gyro

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by 1150GSSteve
Gyro, Hey baby do you look as good as I do? :evil :rofl
Well, other than the leather . . .

Steverino 01-14-2002 09:54 AM

We Share the Same Ride

Another MPY GSer.

Actually I like yours better!:evil :rofl

Are you cleaning that bike? Sacrilege cleaning is for RT's. Real adventure riders keep them dirty and ride rather than clean them!

Me and Paige (the Apple of My Eye!)

Gyromaniac 01-14-2002 10:00 AM

Re: We Share the Same Ride

Quote:

Originally posted by 1150GSSteve
Are you cleaning that bike?
ME???? CLEAN A BIKE????

Bwahaaaaahaaaaaa!

I'm tightening my new TT crash bars. It was the day I rode it home.

Steverino 01-14-2002 10:06 AM

Whew!

That's good, I was thinking that you were OK after your rsponse to Mr. Cannuck unitl I thought you were cleaning the GS. Maintainence is OK. Cleaning is bad.

How long have you had yours? I got mine in August and I am now halfway through the warranty period, 18k and still riding!

Let me try this again. Paige (AKA World's Greatest Little Lady) and I

Steverino 01-14-2002 10:23 AM

Now I am Getting Pissed!

1 Attachment(s)
Try Again!

Gyromaniac 01-14-2002 10:38 AM

You two look great!
Your bike looks awfully clean, though . . .

I got my (second) one in June. Spent a few weekends teaching, but still managed to put about 8,000 on the GS before getting snowed in for awhile. I split my riding between the GS and the beloved RS.

Steverino 01-14-2002 10:45 AM

What Can I Say

Yes I once cleaned my GS. That was the first weekend that Paige had seen or been on the bike so I wanted it to look good for her. She refers to it as the "death trap" any way. After I picked her up we went for about a 300 miler with Freaky boy into WV. She loved it.

Don't tell me you have a K1200RS too? I came so close to adding one to my stable in December. Now I am waiting for Spring to decide between the K12 or a Duacatii ST4S if I can find one.

I am truly jealous now!

Arbey Canuck 01-14-2002 11:37 AM

Yah ... I'm a Wuss

That's why I had to decline Baldy's challenge ... to adventure in the Great White North !!!!!

Maybe when I can do -20c with open face helmet, no thermal socks and bare hands/no heated grips ... I'll take Baldy up!!!

NOT!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

In the meantime ... just content to ride!!!:thumb :thumb :thumb

Global Rider 01-14-2002 01:10 PM

Quote:

Maybe when I can do -20c with open face helmet, no thermal socks and bare hands/no heated grips.
Already been done and we get "real" snow in Montreal.

Actually -23C or -9F. No heated socks, not heated handgrips...no heated anything except for a total dislike for public transportation.

I was surprised how few motorcycles were out on the weekend of the bike show in Toronto. A bunch of softies!

Rod 01-14-2002 01:12 PM

Re: Yah ... I'm a Wuss

Quote:

That's why I had to decline Baldy's challenge ... to adventure in the Great White North !!!!!

Maybe when I can do -20c with open face helmet, no thermal socks and bare hands/no heated grips ... I'll take Baldy up!!!

NOT!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

In the meantime ... just content to ride!!!:thumb :thumb :thumb
look on the bright side you don't have to worry about the :beer going HOT before you get home:rofl

Rad 01-14-2002 01:23 PM

Re: Getting Colder

Quote:

Getting Colder
Don't know what yur talking bout.

Sunshine, 65 degrees on the Pacific Ocean

mongo 01-14-2002 08:32 PM

GSsteve

Nice picture of you and your bike and Paige.

I will not give you any grief outside of JoMamma even if you deservie it.

But I am still thinking that Bike looks way too clean to have washed it just once.

You must just drive on" clean" dirt roads huh?

Hang on to that gal as you are doing pretty good their!!!!

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:24 PM.