ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tent Space Sign-Up Thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149585)

geode 07-04-2006 11:33 AM

Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Welcome to the Tent Space Sign-Up thread.

The Tent Space is your chance to share your interest in motorcycle travel with other members of this website.

To offer a Tent Space, simply add a reply to this thread. You should include such things as your location, contact information (some people include a phone number or email address), what kind of digs you offer, can you help fix a bike or change a tire? Your approximate location will be added to the Tent Space map.

If you're looking for a place to crash, go to the Tent Space map (located here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776925) and find someone who's willing to host you. It's best to make contact at least a couple days in advance, but some people can put you up at a moment's notice. You never know.

Contact Jamie Z with any Tent Space questions.

Drif10 07-04-2006 11:45 AM

In.

Colebrook, Ontario. Near Kingston. East end of Lake Ontario, on the north shore.

Got a spare double bed, and a garage full of tools (that I actually know how use :D). Beer in the fridge. Camping space for about 50.

Warning: 12 year old that will talk your ear off. :D

Gonzo 07-04-2006 04:53 PM

Most riders avoid this area, but...

If you happen to find yourself on 80/94 going through NW Indiana, I have a spare bedroom with a twin bed, and usually a couple of ribeyes in the freezer. Not really tent space, but I'm sure it'll do.

Oh...I have two 80 lb labs that like to snuggle also. :D

Peace,
Bob

urbancowboy 07-04-2006 07:38 PM

dude this is a great idea. i asked about something like this just over a year ago http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84499 but never followed up.

i'm in nyc (riverdale) and i can offer a couch or thermarest. the place is a studio so don't expect a ton of privacy. but one or two people could crash with no problem. plenty of safe on the street parking. safe residential neighborhood just north of manhattan. public transportation to anywhere.

RichBeBe 07-04-2006 08:07 PM

In between houses at the moment so I can only offer a floor to sleep on. Though I do have a well setup garage, tools and a lift for a passing through traveler.

ghostryder 07-04-2006 09:34 PM

IN
I'm In Atlanta right where 75/85/20 all meet, pretty much in the middle of the city. No tent space but I have a spare bedroom, shower, and a garage with limited tools if needed.

RiverRat 07-04-2006 10:01 PM

Yuma, Arizona

SERVICE OFFERED
Garage and basic tools
Bike/RV/Trailer parking
Hot showers, laundry, BBQ
Fishing
UPS service
Great riding nearby
4x4 bike recovery
MP3s
Internet
Firewood

San Diego, California

SERVICE OFFERED
Garage and basic tools
Bike/RV/Trailer parking
Hot showers, laundry, BBQ
Fishing
UPS service
Great riding nearby
4x4 bike recovery
MP3s
Internet
Firewood

Gardnerville, NV

Temporarily not available

Askel 07-05-2006 02:27 PM

Tent space 20 miles south of Houghton, MI.

Couch space inside if you're OK with a 100lb. malamute and bachelor mode housekeeping.

6/26/12 Update: I no longer have a malamute, but still take bachelor mode housekeeping to new heights. :D

Yard now has a designated fire pit, too. Which is slightly more formal than just setting fire to anything anywhere.

6/28/12 Update: Askel got a girlfriend. Despite my best efforts, bachelor mode housekeeping has pretty much been eliminated. And there's now a small, hyper, and totally misbehaving but in an endearing way dog and cat who will pretty much ignore you.

DWalt 07-05-2006 07:07 PM

In...

The "Vance and Ilmostro slept here" bunkhouse!

SW Mississippi, close to Natchez, couple of hours from NOLA!

Shop, tools, beer, meat!

Thisguy 07-06-2006 01:27 PM

Tent space and a small shed garage for bike repair/service. 20 miles N/W of Baltimore, MD

The Dude Himself 07-07-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geode
Over on ride reports there is a frapple map of ADV members.

I have no idea how to do a frapple map. If someone knows how, and wants to create one for this, I'll be glad to add the link to the first post.

btw TDH ... you "In"? :D

UPDATED 06/13: Just outside Charleston, SC. A room or backyard for you (your choice), garage parking for your trusty steed, everything necessary for routine maintenance and some advance teardowns. Fire pit in the back yard, fully-stocked beer fridge.

Oh, great Costa Rican cooking!!:D Must be dog friendly.

ldbandit76 07-07-2006 01:00 PM

I've hosted a handful of ADVriders, and you've all been great. We're in Cross Plains, a small town just west of Madison, WI. We have a garage, tools and a guest bedroom and bath. You could camp in the back if you really want to. We cook, and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

Come on by. :freaky There are pretty good roads here, too.

gsweave 07-07-2006 07:37 PM

In

Close to I-70/I-79 interchanges <10 miles

Just So. of Pittsburgh, PA,

45 miles to Northern WV I-68

Tent space,

Wife might put out a meal (roast beef and mashed potato's with skillet gravy).

We travel alot so!!!!! Advance warning is helpful

Bender 07-09-2006 12:40 PM

Houston, Texas. Northwest in Cypress.

Floor, bed, hammock, tent, garage, tools, beer, bourbon. What else ya want?

aj226 07-09-2006 03:32 PM

St Albert, AB Canada

Garage, carpeted floor space, and indoor plumbing.

(Mandatory mental fitness testing for any one who comes here as a tourist)

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:50 PM.