ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

ducnut 08-21-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steverino
Out for 70 miles this AM in 4:30.

Good job! :clap

Bimble 08-21-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Out for 70 miles this AM in 4:30. A little beat over the last 10 miles, but I guess that is to be expected. Still building my miles. But I may move up my time line and take the Mtn Bike off road tomorrow. Depends on how my legs feel.

:thumb

Today's ride was just a short one for me. 34 miles. Rest week is over. Next week brings much more time on the bike.

kahoon 08-21-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

...Out for 70 miles this AM in 4:30.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

you're a monster :thumb

only 50mi for me this morning...

rbrsddn 08-21-2010 02:13 PM

70 miles is a good ride! Did 44 this morning, including the soul sucking hills. Going out for 60 tomorrow.:1drink

EvilGenius 08-21-2010 02:17 PM

You people are nuts.

Steverino 08-21-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrsddn
70 miles is a good ride! Did 44 this morning, including the soul sucking hills. Going out for 60 tomorrow.:1drink

Thanks, good to be riding again especially when you think about where I was 12 months ago. :deal

BTW my HRM said I burned 2034 calories this AM. Still behind for the month. Missing the first week due to work is gonna be tough to overcome.

Askel 08-21-2010 02:39 PM

From the Department of Highly Qualified Achievements:

I tied last year's UP State Single Speed Champion in this year's UP State Single Speed Championship race!

OK, he beat me by a couple inches getting him the tie breaker, but we had the same finish time.

And sure, there was an unspecified quantity of races in front of us, but hey- this is probably the first time I've been able to duke it out on the front lines of a race all year.

I've been missing actually racing instead of "entering events". :lol3

rbrsddn 08-21-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks, good to be riding again especially when you think about where I was 12 months ago. :deal

BTW my HRM said I burned 2034 calories this AM. Still behind for the month. Missing the first week due to work is gonna be tough to overcome.

I've got a real nice HRM that I never use. I just back off if I feel I'm going to blow a gasket.:deal My friend has a new Garmin gps computer that is awesome. Thing breaks the rides down into 5 mile intervals, tells us how many vertical feet we've climbed, avg, etc. Pretty cool. Just keep riding. sounds like you're doing fine.:D

Steverino 08-21-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrsddn
I've got a real nice HRM that I never use. I just back off if I feel I'm going to blow a gasket.:deal My friend has a new Garmin gps computer that is awesome. Thing breaks the rides down into 5 mile intervals, tells us how many vertical feet we've climbed, avg, etc. Pretty cool. Just keep riding. sounds like you're doing fine.:D

So does mine. I have the 405CX (i think) when I get done I put it next to the computer and it uploads all the data and keeps track of all I do. I can create reports, monitor what I am doing, and keep track of all kinds of things that I have no idea why I need to. :D

But it kees me informed of where I am and even tracks my ride and displays it in my control panel when I have uploaded the ride data.

Here is the report from today's ride.

<iframe src="http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/45499707" width="465" frameborder="0" height="548"></iframe>

Gummee! 08-21-2010 03:15 PM

There's some really nice riding out Steve's way. I useta live a few(!) miles NE and the country roads are :thumb

No cars to speak of. Lots great things to look at. Hills if ya want em. All-in-all, a great place to ride. :nod

Y'all can visit, but don't plan on moving. :nono VA's full up!

M

Steverino 08-21-2010 03:20 PM

It is all flat here. :augie

West of town is hills leading to the Blue Ridge Mts, east of town is the Piedmont and is more flat. I try to mix my long rides with some of both.

Really is a nice area for bicycles and scooters.

rbrsddn 08-21-2010 03:30 PM

My GF is in Stafford this WE. Her granddaughter is hitting the Big 1. Gummee, no joke! VA is too full for me. I'll take rural CT any day!:deal

Bimble 08-21-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

That is phenomenal. You have the heart of lion.

:bow

TheNedster 08-21-2010 04:26 PM

Y'all are killin' me. I'm stranded on the couch with a nice, persistent head cold. This is probably a good opportunity for me to mess around with my cleat positioning and get rid of the foot numbness I've been fighting.

Steverino 08-21-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimble
That is phenomenal. You have the heart of lion.

:bow

Thanks, I have come a long way but aint there yet.

Congrats Askel, single speeds are for animals! :clap

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:43 AM.