ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

2whl-hoop 08-06-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee! (Post 16564589)
AFA positioning: its all in what the bike's set up for. LSD or fast and furious, etc. IDK about y'all, but pretty much all of my saddles have the same height and setback. My legs feel strange when the pedaling motion isn't the same between bikes. :nod

M

I keep my saddle heights pretty much the same, it's the bar position that really changes the feel of the bikes, for me anyway.

Mr Head 08-06-2011 05:29 PM

64, and a bit miles today home to Newport Beach for coffee and a muffin. Then back home. Pretty much drained the tank on that one. Managed 15mph and a little bit for an average.

Bike at rest around Tower 2, Huntington Beach,

http://mr-head.smugmug.com/Cycling/B...P1010089-L.jpg

Last night I put a new tire on the back, the one on there was square and had more than a few holes. Stuff sticking in it. No flats though. :clap

I had one spoke really loose on the static side, (Radial), tightened that up. Adjusted the brakes and lubed the chain.

I've been using the Map My Ride thing from the iPhone. Works pretty cool. Though no grade information. They rate the climbs.

As if...

Looking forward to the hot tub this evening for sure. My Camelbak backpack got a wash after the ride. It was nasty.

Can you say, "Sweat rings?" smelled like my old hockey gear. :lol3

Oh, and my resting pulse is down to 43. I'm getting there.:evil

Tomorrow I'll try another ride.

TheNedster 08-06-2011 06:22 PM

Haven't pedaled a lick in over two weeks due to a work-imposed exile in the Imperial Valley. :bluduh Went to the LBS today and put down a deposit on a Scott CX Team (slow motion purchase due to lousy financial situation), then went a picked up a copy of "The Time-Crunched Cyclist". Let the beatings begin!

neanderthal 08-06-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNedster (Post 16568040)
Haven't pedaled a lick in over two weeks due to a work-imposed exile in the Imperial Valley. :bluduh Went to the LBS today and put down a deposit on a Scott CX Team (slow motion purchase due to lousy financial situation), then went a picked up a copy of "The Time-Crunched Cyclist". Let the beatings begin!

I'm more like 8 weeks since I tore my calf muscle playing rugby (then retore/ aggravated it more last Sunday!!!!!!:cry) I hope to get on the saddle soon, daily, and get down to the high 190s low 200s like I was ii my early 20s. I've used the "I need the mass for collisions on the rugby field" excuse too long. 235lbs and gaining/ getting older. Fortunately i've been good about being active my entire life until this calf thingamajig.

I'm tempted to get on the bike right now. Even just on rollers, but I really don't need any more setbacks.

ducnut 08-07-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Head (Post 16567714)

Damn that's a great looking bike! Thanks for posting yet another pic of it and renewing my wants for a Roubaix. :ken

Quote:

Went to the LBS today and put down a deposit on a Scott CX Team (slow motion purchase due to lousy financial situation), then went a picked up a copy of "The Time-Crunched Cyclist". Let the beatings begin!

Good for you!

Gummee! 08-07-2011 04:26 PM

108mi in 6:46 today with 3 other guys.

Ugh I'm tired.

NOT a flat century! :nono If you hit FB and look up the Justin Harding Century, you'll see the route. Dumbass me picked it. 5400' of climbing! :eek1 1 categorized climb according to Map My Ride. Cat 5 coming out of The Plains towards Haymarket. Right at the halfway point.

The flat run-in to the end? Headwind. No rest for the weary!

M

Mr Head 08-07-2011 04:53 PM

:clap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee! (Post 16573421)

Ugh I'm tired.

NOT a flat century! :nono If you hit FB and look up the Justin Harding Century, you'll see the route. Dumbass me picked it. 5400' of climbing! :eek1 1 categorized climb according to Map My Ride. Cat 5 coming out of The Plains towards Haymarket. Right at the halfway point.

The flat run-in to the end? Headwind. No rest for the weary!

M

Gummee! 08-07-2011 04:58 PM

Link for those that don't wanna search FB

M

rbrsddn 08-07-2011 05:05 PM

Wow

That looks like it was some hard work! I'm heading to VT Tuesday to climb some mountain sized hills. I will try to get some good pics. The guys I'm going with have been doing this for a few years. No speed records expected, but a lot of laughs and beautiful scenery! I've been up there many times, but never this slowly !:D

ducnut 08-07-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee! (Post 16573421)

You badass!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee! (Post 16573626)
Link for those that don't wanna search FB

M

That topo looks like France; not VA. :lol3

slackmeyer 08-07-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducnut (Post 16573921)
You badass!

That topo looks like France; not VA. :lol3

Finally, a profile that almost looks like northern cali! (for reference, I checked the routes of a few local centuries- they're all between 7-9,000 feet climbing).

Gummee! 08-07-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slackmeyer (Post 16574318)
Finally, a profile that almost looks like northern cali! (for reference, I checked the routes of a few local centuries- they're all between 7-9,000 feet climbing).

If I'd wanted to climb more, all I hadta do is turn left at The Plains. LOTS of hills out there. :nod I don't know those roads as well as the ones we were on. Except for a few roads right before Warrenton, I knew em all. Navigated by memory.

The other 3 guys were constantly lost.

M

Brek81 08-07-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Went to the LBS today and put down a deposit on a Scott CX Team (slow motion purchase due to lousy financial situation),

Good choice!! Been been loving this bike all season.

Mercury264 08-07-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrsddn (Post 16573668)
That looks like it was some hard work! I'm heading to VT Tuesday to climb some mountain sized hills. I will try to get some good pics. The guys I'm going with have been doing this for a few years. No speed records expected, but a lot of laughs and beautiful scenery! I've been up there many times, but never this slowly !:D

Have fun :clap

You may be up there when I am...if you see an orange Tigger fly by, chances are it's me. I'll give you plenty of room BTW...:lol3

rbrsddn 08-08-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264 (Post 16575393)
Have fun :clap

You may be up there when I am...if you see an orange Tigger fly by, chances are it's me. I'll give you plenty of room BTW...:lol3

You too. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:47 PM.