ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Zodiac 12-02-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce
so? everyone needs a day of rest. your muscles need to heal and grow.

I've only been riding 3 times a week at best, don't seem to be losing any endurance/speed/etc. But am noticing a little weight gain since when I was riding every other day.

ANY thoughts on new saddles?

I tried 2 Fitziks and liked them but don't own one. My Selle Italia Flita is getting worn only where my ass bones hit (only has 600 miles on it). It's not all that comfy, but it ain't killing me either. Should I go with a split Specialized, or Fitzik?

Gummee! 12-02-2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
I've only been riding 3 times a week at best, don't seem to be losing any endurance/speed/etc. But am noticing a little weight gain since when I was riding every other day.

I tried 2 Fitziks and liked them but don't own one. My Selle Italia Flita is getting worn only where my ass bones hit (only has 600 miles on it). It's not all that comfy, but it ain't killing me either. Should I go with a split Specialized, or Fitzik?

Flite Gel? :dunno Have 3 of em now... :deal

Thinking about an Airione, but don't wanna pay for one without riding it first. Last saddle I had with the soft nose like that, I really, really hated. 'Course that was the Avocet O2Air40...

M

Zodiac 12-02-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
Flite Gel? :dunno Have 3 of em now... :deal

Thinking about an Airione, but don't wanna pay for one without riding it first. Last saddle I had with the soft nose like that, I really, really hated. 'Course that was the Avocet O2Air40...

M

Not gel, Flita titanium. Not alot of give either.

I'm just wondering, I've never tried the split saddles (my dad swears by his Specialized), but the Fitzik's funny shape does feel pretty good, but not enough time in it to break out 2bills$ for it...

Gummee! 12-02-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Not gel, Flita titanium. Not alot of give either.

I'm just wondering, I've never tried the split saddles (my dad swears by his Specialized), but the Fitzik's funny shape does feel pretty good, but not enough time in it to break out 2bills$ for it...

:nono sayin TRY the Flite Gel. Same shape, slightly more padding.

The split in the Specilaized seats looks to be in the wrong place for 'anatomical comfort' but in the right spot for weight loss. :dunno Try one out. If you like it, keep it. If not, there's ebay and CL. :nod

M

Zodiac 12-02-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

:nono sayin TRY the Flite Gel. Same shape, slightly more padding.

The split in the Specilaized seats looks to be in the wrong place for 'anatomical comfort' but in the right spot for weight loss. :dunno Try one out. If you like it, keep it. If not, there's ebay and CL. :nod

M

It's not so much the padding that's irk'n me, but the center starts to numb out my "nacho" after 20 miles.

I noticed the Fitziks have less padding but are more flexible.

Flaco 12-02-2006 09:55 AM

I've got one of these on my bike right now.

I'm not super thrilled with it and I believe I'm going to put my old flite back on my bike.

If you want to give it a try, let me know. We can probably make a deal.

I think the best saddle is the Rolls Ti.

Flaco

Zodiac 12-02-2006 11:41 AM

Just did a nice 27 miler, sunny but brisk/windy.

Trying to take advantage of any nice days I can, place will be a slushfest for 3 months straight:baldy

Zodiac 12-02-2006 11:43 AM

This just in =

Cyclist killed last night on the west side highway (NYC) bike path. Drunk driver in a BMW nailed him or her (I don't have details yet) through the windshield. Heard driver was pulling into a garage, drunk fuck.

Zodiac 12-02-2006 12:19 PM

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index...id=1&aid=64753

:huh :cry

Gummee! 12-02-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

You hear about these things WAY too often. Wonder when someone's gonna start seeing us?

:cry

Hey Flaco! Whatcha wanna trade for that there saddle? :ear

M

Gummee! 12-02-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

It's not so much the padding that's irk'n me, but the center starts to numb out my "nacho" after 20 miles.

I noticed the Fitziks have less padding but are more flexible.

Flexible ain't necessarily the answer.

Coupla things that come to mind:
1. yer sittin and spinnin and not movin around enuff
2. saddle's too high
3. saddle's padding is wore out in the middle and/or its 'swaybacked' (my Flites all do this sooner or later)
4. this ain't the right saddle fer yer anatomy
5. the saddle's in NYC and it needs to be in CA :deal

I've found that when I'm JRA and not moving around, even my bits get numb after a while. Having the seat in the right spot makes it go away to a big extent, but its still there.

Trying different saddles may be the only option for finding one that works for yer anatomy. I KNOW that the Concor Light series don't work for me. I KNOW the Avocet O2Air40 don't work, I know the Flite series DOES work. Ditto with the Turbos and to a lesser extent the Rolls. Never tried a Regal. Always wanted to, but never wanted to fuck around with finding 'the spot' changing saddles allatime.

Perry, check with yer Dad. See what he's got in the inventory and start trying some things. You may find 'the one.' If/when you do, don't change it lessen you hafta! DAMHIK

M

GotMojo? 12-02-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

I have WTB Laser Ti's on all my bikes. Its got the "Love Channel" for ball comfort.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1921_21827011

achiral 12-02-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Perry, check with yer Dad. See what he's got in the inventory and start trying some things. You may find 'the one.' If/when you do, don't change it lessen you hafta! DAMHIK

M

Only problem is when they stop making that one saddle that you love.

achiral 12-02-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Just did a nice 27 miler, sunny but brisk/windy.

Trying to take advantage of any nice days I can, place will be a slushfest for 3 months straight:baldy

A lot of bike shops (including on-line) don't have a problem exchanging saddles as long as there is no visible wear. If you tape up the rails and just put a couple of rides in, you ought to be able to give several different styles a go.

The Selle Italia SLRs might be worth trying - they seem to fit a slightly different anatomy than the fiziks. But they do seem to wear out very quickly.

The standard Selle Italia Flite (and then the Flite Trans Am) were incredibly popular and lasted for a long time. They've stopped making the Trans Am version, though (the one with the cut-out).

gambrinus 12-02-2006 06:04 PM

Buying a sadle for your bike is like buying speakers for your stereo. Everyone's body is different and you have to poke around a bit to find what's just right for YOU.

happy shopping... I have an OLD WTB saddle that looks like shit, but is so comfy on my bum that I wouldn't sell it for $100.

RW

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:56 AM.