ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Zodiac 12-31-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan
Spent the morning moving the last 15 wheelbarrow load of dirt onto the pump track.. It was a last ditch effort to get it all done before the rains set it up like concrete. Needs some tweaking, but it's rideable!

http://mountainman.smugmug.com/photos/118290318-M-1.jpg
http://mountainman.smugmug.com/photos/118290844-M.jpg


The neighbors must love you....:evil

blacksan 12-31-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan
Not to throw out :spam but,
I've got a few cross fames gathering dust in the basement.

2002 Lemond Poprad, 52 CM. Great shape, includes front fork and headset.

2004 Jamis Nova, 56 cm

Cheap :deal make me a reasonable offer..:lol3 :lol3

Spent the morning moving the last 15 wheelbarrow load of dirt onto the pump track.. It was a last ditch effort to get it all done before the rains set it up like concrete. Needs some tweaking, but it's rideable!

Dude, when you hear someone out back late at night turn on some lights before you start shooting. It might be me on my black Cannondale just sneaking away from work for some BMX action. :lol3

MountainMan 12-31-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
The neighbors must love you....:evil

Who Cares!!!:rofl :rofl

After she sprayed my Dog with Wasp Spray, I don't give a fuck anymore.
:evil :evil :evil

The pump track is probably the nicest thing I could do. :deal

MountainMan 12-31-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
Dude, when you hear someone out back late at night turn on some lights before you start shooting. It might be me on my black Cannondale just sneaking away from work for some BMX action. :lol3

Come on by, it needs to get tracked out.

Zodiac 12-31-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan
Who Cares!!!:rofl :rofl

After she sprayed my Dog with Wasp Spray, I don't give a fuck anymore.
:evil :evil :evil

The pump track is probably the nicest thing I could do. :deal

two words =


Outdoor Speakers


:evil

MountainMan 12-31-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
two words =


Outdoor Speakers


:evil

They go well with the pit I dig in the yard to cook mass quantities of meat. :evil :evil

Speaker 01-04-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus
Hey Gummee, Do you know Drunk Jonnie of "Drunk Cyclist" fame? I believe he's in Flagstaff, but not riding much since his incident with a car..

RW

I've met Big Jonny. He came to the state Cross championship to watch his friend Snake destroy the entire field.

Ruskie 01-04-2007 01:50 PM

Any opinions on the new 29" wheeled bikes?
A gimic?
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/series.asp?series=29er

Flaco 01-04-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1MadRussian
Any opinions on the new 29" wheeled bikes?
A gimic?
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/series.asp?series=29er

I've riden the GF hardtail and a FS model called a leviatan or something like that.

Fantastic. I generally ride an XL mountain bike and the bigger wheels made me feel like I was more down between the tires. One can run lower tire pressure w/o pinching and get huge traction...lower like 22 psi. I raced with a guy who had one and he could ride much faster on technical climbs because of the traction.

I'm currently riding a Yeti Kokopelli and it's a great bike...but I wish I had bought a 29er.

Flaco

MountainMan 01-04-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1MadRussian
Any opinions on the new 29" wheeled bikes?
A gimic?
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/series.asp?series=29er

They work, but you got a limited tire selection...
Great if your racing and want to go faster, but for the average Joe it's not going to be noticed. :evil :lol3 :lol3

Flaco 01-04-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan
They work, but you got a limited tire selection...
Great if your racing and want to go faster, but for the average Joe it's not going to be noticed. :evil :lol3 :lol3

I think the utility is there but I agree, I forgot to mention limited tiars on the market.

f.

Zodiac 01-07-2007 07:28 AM

So I got to try a fixey yesterday at Dlew's...


lotta fun balacing it, I gotta get me one of those for a change of pace.

(with a brake of course.....:huh )

blacksan 01-07-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
So I got to try a fixey yesterday at Dlew's...


lotta fun balacing it, I gotta get me one of those for a change of pace.

(with a brake of course.....:huh )

The fix geared bike will work your ass off! :thumb You should see how the local kids stop, they pitch em sideways then balance until the light changes. :yikes

Zodiac 01-07-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
The fix geared bike will work your ass off! :thumb You should see how the local kids stop, they pitch em sideways then balance until the light changes. :yikes

I could see riding one a few times a week would be very beneficial to the riding abilities...:D

MountainMan 01-07-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
The fix geared bike will work your ass off! :thumb You should see how the local kids stop, they pitch em sideways then balance until the light changes. :yikes

:nod

You've probably seen me around town.. :evil


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014