ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

k7 05-15-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 18692187)
:dunno It no longer matters because my local Specialized dealer is willing to match the price on that website. :clap:clap

Perfect!

Aurelius 05-15-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7 (Post 18692379)
Perfect!

I'm picking it up tomorrow. :happay

Mercury264 05-15-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 18692480)
I'm picking it up tomorrow. :happay

Holy crap, how many bikes is that now :lol3

k7 05-15-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 18692480)
I'm picking it up tomorrow. :happay

You damn sure didn't let that money burn a hole in your pocket now did you? Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

Aurelius 05-15-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264 (Post 18692501)
Holy crap, how many bikes is that now :lol3

Only three. :dunno

Hell, there's a local rider I know who owns NINETEEN bicycles. :lol3

Blur 05-15-2012 01:02 PM

How many can he ride at once?

Mercury264 05-15-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 18692919)
Only three. :dunno

Hell, there's a local rider I know who owns NINETEEN bicycles. :lol3

Well it's not so much that as the turnover....see, I'm a bike BUYER, not a bike SELLER :D

Aurelius 05-15-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7 (Post 18692604)
You damn sure didn't let that money burn a hole in your pocket now did you? Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

It was this ad that sold me on it. I'm sure I'll be able to ride just as well when I get mine. :norton


<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmgZxmkNdFk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmgZxmkNdFk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

k7 05-15-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 18692993)
It was this ad that sold me on it. I'm sure I'll be able to ride just as well when I get mine. :norton

Florida has sure changed a lot since when I was born there.... :lol3

Aurelius 05-15-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7 (Post 18693030)
Florida has sure changed a lot since when I was born there.... :lol3

Yeh, it looks a lot more like Colorado now. :lol3

surly357 05-15-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee! (Post 18682380)
If you get the Park tool, they usually have 2 sides: Shimano and Campy. The thread pitches are different enough that you *shouldn't* be able to screw one into the wrong crank

M

The current Park tools just have the 22mm thread, which is Campy, Shimano, and nearly every other commonly encountered crankset with threaded arms.

The old Park tool had 22mm on one side, and 23mm on the other for TA cranks. ;-)

UngaWunga 05-16-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 18690469)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">


<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/df7SMM0NrAw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>


Lol... guess there's no need for suspension in Florida. If all the trails are like that there, go hardtail. Lighter and more efficient.

Aurelius 05-16-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UngaWunga (Post 18698599)
Lol... guess there's no need for suspension in Florida. If all the trails are like that there, go hardtail. Lighter and more efficient.

The trails are not all like that. Below is another trail in the same park, and like the others, it's much worse in person than it appears on the video. The one time I rode these Red trails, I took such a hammering that I'll probably never go on them again, even with a FS bike. :nah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lwcJ...feature=relmfu

yater 05-16-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UngaWunga (Post 18698599)
Lol... guess there's no need for suspension in Florida. If all the trails are like that there, go hardtail. Lighter and more efficient.

My fs weighs 19 lbs and is more effecient everywhere except road climbs.

melville 05-16-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surly357 (Post 18696954)
The current Park tools just have the 22mm thread, which is Campy, Shimano, and nearly every other commonly encountered crankset with threaded arms.

The old Park tool had 22mm on one side, and 23mm on the other for TA cranks. ;-)

That's how I remember it, but couldn't comment on the current item.

Note to Gummee and anyone else who runs into this: Stronglight cranks are yet a different size and if you try to use the TA puller YOU WILL DESTROY THE THREADS. Stronglight are 23.35mm, just to piss us off.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014