ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Uncle Pollo 08-03-2012 11:06 AM

I haven't ridden in a week.
Got to start going to be earlier and eating more.

neanderthal 08-03-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakSpout (Post 19269824)
Anybody seen this?

http://www.cerevellum.com/hindsight.aspx

I really don't need another gadget and it's too bad that there's so much stuff going on inside that thing. A tiny cam, built into the tail flasher with a shock sensor and a 5min loop recording would be enough. Have it turn on/off when you activate the flasher, then turn off and preserve the footage if the shock sensor detects a hit. No need for all the frippery. (ANT+ compatibility, video display, etc.)

Add an option for bluetooth capability to be able to stream the image to your phone and I like it.

k7 08-03-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo (Post 19278074)
I haven't ridden in a week.
Got to start going to be earlier and eating more.

Sinus infection is kicking me down. I'm support to ride an easy 60-miler tomorrow and thought I'd drive to the ride and cut the distance in half. Now, I'm thinking of skipping it the ride in order to get better quicker.

<sigh>

djb_rh 08-03-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakSpout (Post 19269824)
Anybody seen this?

http://www.cerevellum.com/hindsight.aspx

I really don't need another gadget and it's too bad that there's so much stuff going on inside that thing. A tiny cam, built into the tail flasher with a shock sensor and a 5min loop recording would be enough. Have it turn on/off when you activate the flasher, then turn off and preserve the footage if the shock sensor detects a hit. No need for all the frippery. (ANT+ compatibility, video display, etc.)

I not only have one, I've corresponded with the founder quite a bit.

It's a neat unit, but still needs some software refining. Battery life isn't great, either, but I haven't tried turning down the recording resolution to see if that helps (it may, since it won't be working as hard on compression). If you ride three hours or less, the battery is fine. If you're training for longer stuff, it may let you down. I've also had some trouble getting ANT+ data to display right, but I haven't worried much about that since I can't live without my Edge 800 anyway.

And for anyone that cares about Leadville, I've been updating my blog pretty much daily. Today's features data from a Powerline climb as well as a picture of my nearly taco'ed rear brake disk. Ugh.

--Donnie

Gummee! 08-04-2012 10:16 AM

Not quite 4hrs this AM. Showed a couple of the Wed ride guys the Springs Rd Loop outta Warrenton. ...but we met in Vint Hill Farm Station. They took off like bats outta hell and I'm sittin behind em thinkin 'y'all don't know what's comin...'

Turns out it wasn't a huge issue, but one of em was toast by the end of the ride. :nod ...but it wasn't me! 'Course, when I dropped them off, I had another hour to go.

Now I'm pretty stinky, and ready for a shower. :nod

M

ImaPoser 08-04-2012 10:59 AM

Wow. That was pathetic.:cry
I guess it's the combination of the temp, humidity, and wind because it broke me today. I thought I would get out and do at least two if not three laps on my easy loop as I'm on call and need to be within a quick ride home all along the route. I felt tired before I even left the house, but figured I would shake off the funk and get in to my stride once I got started. Never happened. I was whooped. I did one stinkin eight mile loop, then gave up and turned off for the three mile ride home. I don't recall ever having that happen before. :flush

Gummee! 08-04-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImaPoser (Post 19284270)
Wow. That was pathetic.:cry
I guess it's the combination of the temp, humidity, and wind because it broke me today. I thought I would get out and do at least two if not three laps on my easy loop as I'm on call and need to be within a quick ride home all along the route. I felt tired before I even left the house, but figured I would shake off the funk and get in to my stride once I got started. Never happened. I was whooped. I did one stinkin eight mile loop, then gave up and turned off for the three mile ride home. I don't recall ever having that happen before. :flush

Happens. :nod You'll get em next time.

That's the beauty of riding. One day yer legs are poo, the next yer Abdujaparov. (youtube him if you don't know who he is)

M

rbrsddn 08-04-2012 11:10 AM

Just got home from the final ride before the VT trip Tuesday. Man, was it nasty!!! 74% humidity... 56 miles, 3:27, 3030 FT of climbing... Gotta go wash the sweat off the bike, and clean it up for the trip. Anyone who rode today deserves at least one beer!!!:1drink

Aurelius 08-04-2012 07:45 PM

I said I wouldn't do it, but...

I headed out to my least favorite trail this morning to see what all the fuss on Facebook is about. Seems a couple of riders have been exchanging KOM's on one particularly grueling hill climb. A week ago the record stood at 1 min, 7 seconds. Now it's down to 44 seconds. So I'm sitting there at the bottom of the hill, thinking I've never done this run, but what the hell, let's see what all those sessions on the leg press over the past month have accomplished. I thought I was going to die doing the last 50 yards, but I made it to the top in 50 seconds. :eek1 Only 6 seconds off the record. Now that I know I'm within striking distance of the title, I'll repeat the run next week with my clipless pedals, ditch that heavy Camelback, and remember to start in a higher gear. If it all comes together, it should net me my first KOM. :clap

barnyard 08-04-2012 08:31 PM

I went back to work a while back and that did not go well, so I am back at PT. I ride the bike, which is close to 10 mile round trip. Thursday, I added a ride out to where I work to sign my United Way card, adding another 20 miles. I did the trip to add a couple of hills in. Cam home, felt great and all that.

Friday, I did my work sim routine, then started my endurance routine. Holy wah. I ran out of gas. By the time I got to the end of my 4 hours, I was completely wiped out. Rode home and crashed on the couch, hard. My upper body did not have any strength left.

Today I did a quick 10 mile ride and figured I would do 20 tomorrow, then back to PT Monday.

I am under 200 lbs for the 1st time in close to 2 years. :clap

TheYeti 08-04-2012 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=Gummee!;19284294]Happens. :nod You'll get em next time.

That's the beauty of riding. One day yer legs are poo, the next yer Abdujaparov. (youtube him if you don't know who he is)

M[/QUOTY

You mean Face Plant Abdujaparov...... and still hobbled across the finish line and get the Green Jersey.

TheNedster 08-05-2012 08:25 AM

Want.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdn...ly-Profile.jpg

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/08/02/...re/#more-47010

RxZ 08-05-2012 12:52 PM

Our local MTB trail has a nature trail that runs around it. This afternoon I am going to take my 6 year old on it to see how she likes riding on gravel. She is very excited, and keeps try to get mom and her sister out of the house so we can go! Its not much, and its going to be very hot so I don't know how she will like it, but I bet she will. She always watches when I leave to ride the actual trail, so I think that is her way of showing she wants to join in. We shall see...

HOT DAMN! 08-05-2012 02:25 PM

This is in my community.

How about Mr. Thyen, he's concerned with, "noise from the bikes." :lol3

STORY

2whl-hoop 08-05-2012 03:16 PM

That is a nice looking bike, but I'm not sure about the discs. One thing I don't care for on my Vaya is the disc brakes. They're powerful, but noisy as hell. It sounds like a garbage truck hauling itself up to a stop. People turn to look to see what all the racket is about. :eek1 And they make sense on the Vaya as it's a more touring oriented bike, but I think they're probably overkill on a roadbike...

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:44 AM.