ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

RxZ 08-27-2012 10:30 AM

So, due to an odd circumstance (my daughter got trapped IN her bike :huh ) I need to replace the rear brake. The pads and the whatever it is called (single pivot side pull maybe :dunno ) need replacing. Where do I get the parts though? This is a kids WalMart bike, so I do not need high end components that the LBS sells, just something that will work and get her to a stop.

Gummee! 08-27-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RxZ (Post 19456422)
So, due to an odd circumstance (my daughter got trapped IN her bike :huh ) I need to replace the rear brake. The pads and the whatever it is called (single pivot side pull maybe :dunno ) need replacing. Where do I get the parts though? This is a kids WalMart bike, so I do not need high end components that the LBS sells, just something that will work and get her to a stop.

Go to your LBS that orders from J&B. They have lots of 'kids bike' level stuff.

Wally world *may* have some extra stuff too, but you'd have to go check.

M

ducnut 08-27-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

If there's a bike co-op in your area, check there. They take in donated bikes and usually have tons of take-off parts.

pierce 08-27-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

the cheapest grade shimano brakes should be just fine, find the local store thats got BMX and stuff, they'd be more likely to have old fashion sidepull, as the roadies are all dual pivot now, and the mountain folks are mostly cantilever, V brake and disc.

Mr Head 08-27-2012 07:18 PM

Perfect form!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garthe (Post 19455957)

zippy 08-28-2012 05:09 AM

too damn rainy and windy. Plus all kinds of street closures because of the RNC .

fookit I dusted off the TDF trainer and rode it last night.

frazman 08-28-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce (Post 19444413)
I've tried and tried to get my yellow lab to run along side my bike, and she insists on running ahead, then turning in front of me to look over her shoulder.

I tried one of those bike leashes, as shown earlier, that clamp to the seat post, with the bungi cord, she pulls so hard that no matter HOW tight I torque it down, she pulls the shaft forward into my leg, or even spins the whole seat post, arrrgh. Maggie is a 80 lb lab so when she goes right, so does the bike :eek1

I love dogs but can't stand mountain biking with them or riding with others who bring thier dogs.

Aurelius 08-28-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy (Post 19462297)
too damn rainy and windy. Plus all kinds of street closures because of the RNC .

fookit I dusted off the TDF trainer and rode it last night.

It's finally quieted down here, though I'm sure there's trail damage from the storms we've had. Got some riding in yesterday evening, but had to stay on the pavement. I'm hoping the trails will have dried out by this weekend.

zippy 08-28-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelius (Post 19463071)
It's finally quieted down here, though I'm sure there's trail damage from the storms we've had. Got some riding in yesterday evening, but had to stay on the pavement. I'm hoping the trails will have dried out by this weekend.

yep been too long. Might need to ride the trails at croom sometime this holiday weekend. Still 20+mph winds gusting so road biking not likely.

SeaBass 08-28-2012 03:46 PM

New Toy for winter riding!

Salsa Mukluk - 4" tires run at 9psi, Carbon Fork & bars, 31lbs. Lots of fun on singletrack too!:D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3B4AF5F02D.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3B27277100.jpghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...3B36C6523F.jpg

frazman 08-28-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBass (Post 19466760)

how's it handle in non-snowy conditions?

SeaBass 08-29-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazman (Post 19469257)
how's it handle in non-snowy conditions?

Surprising well! Sucker just rolls. It'll climb most anything. I've already cleared some rocky hilly sections on the first try that had always eluded me on my other bikes.

Garthe 08-29-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Head (Post 19460391)
Perfect form!

Thanks Head, He's always turned like a drunken stock car driver, with a big block motor:lol3. He's taller and stronger than all of the other riders. But, he's always wins...dispite major drifting in the turns. So many things to improve, I always stayed away from his cornering skills.

He's turning Expert soon, so I had to address the issue. Three days a week of turn clinics out in front of the house, for the last two months. He's getting MUCH better and his confidence is increasing.

Now we're working on pedal speed...:evil

Gummee! 08-30-2012 07:32 AM

Link

Goes back to what we were saying about stava the other day

M

Chisenhallw 08-30-2012 07:41 AM

Let it go, gummee. Let it go...

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:29 PM.