ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Photog 08-16-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Creek
well, i did it. i got up early and rode my new bicycle. maybe 25 minutes up and down and around. my legs felt like jelly after the inclines. nothing major but enough to make it hurt. my legs gave out before i got winded. felt good to actually get out and do something, and i look cool as hell with my mx gloves on anyway.

going to stick to the same route every morning for two weeks, see if it gets easier or i die.

That's the spirit! :lol3

I'm doing about the same thing so far...25 minutes or so of wheezing.

I figured I'd just do the same laps and gradually increase them. No hurry. I'm not out around the other riders so I can suffer in silence and anonymity...
:cry

Meanwhile, Gummee, Perry, PlanB, and the others are doing 100-200 miles before breakfast... :baldy

scorpion 08-16-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Creek
well, i did it. i got up early and rode my new bicycle. maybe 25 minutes up and down and around. my legs felt like jelly after the inclines. nothing major but enough to make it hurt. my legs gave out before i got winded. felt good to actually get out and do something, and i look cool as hell with my mx gloves on anyway.

going to stick to the same route every morning for two weeks, see if it gets easier or i die.

:thumb

Stick with it, it gets easier.

Gummee! 08-16-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photog
Meanwhile, Gummee, Perry, PlanB, and the others are doing 100-200 miles before breakfast... :baldy

:nah not lately I'm not!! You see pics of me at Rider's get together?! I need to get out on the bike more!!

I DID get a little Airborne Shuffle (run) in the other nite with the GF. First one in ~3mos! :wings Feels good to get back at it.

Now about this extra 30# I've been carrying around...

M

Gummee! 08-16-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpion
:thumb

Stick with it, it gets easier.

Important thing to note: hills never get easier, just faster.

:lol2

If you ain't been instructed: its better to spin 90-110rpm than to grind around on big gears. :nod Saves wear and tear on yer knees among other things.

Don't increase mileage more'n about 10%/week.

M

skwidd 08-16-2006 11:57 AM

working on making the same routes a little easier and more consistent with the inclines becoming less challenging each time.

almost up to a 50 mile route weekend before last,we rode from fairfield to the poser's corner(sportbike hangout) at lake berryessa and back.

gotta give credit to the couple of friends who force me to go even when i come up with many excuses not to.

Chacifer 08-16-2006 12:12 PM

This morning I did my first 19ish mile commute to school laden down with a laptop, some papers, and a change of clothes. It took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes, the worst part being the last 1.8 miles from the end of the bike path to my school's campus. I can't wait to add books to all of the weight I'm carrying :bluduh Otherwise, it was great fun and I'm psyched for this to be my main mode of transport to and from school. Excercise and fuel savings combined!

Photog 08-16-2006 12:17 PM

UPDATE - Annie, yes, they do come with a set of cleats.

Photog 08-16-2006 12:21 PM

UPDATE 2 - they are not compatible with Shimano SPD cleats (I knew this from a Tragic Unclipping Incident... but double-checked for you).

Just eyeballed my Wellgo faux-spuds. IMHO they are identical to these Nashbars. I've been using them for years with no problems. You can dial in some float or crank 'em down tight. I've got them on my mtb and my cross bike, which is my century bike. :thumb

Photog 08-16-2006 12:29 PM

UPDATE 3 - I have been updating the wrong bicycling thread. :baldy Disregard unless you are AnnieGs. :lol3

Chacifer 08-16-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

UPDATE 3 - I have been updating the wrong bicycling thread. :baldy Disregard unless you are AnnieGs. :lol3

:lol3 I was a bit confused about this non sequitor response to Annie.

Mulekick 08-16-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

I got a Monty Hydra...old one, must be a 2000 or so...that I probably can't ride anymore. :bluduh I'll drag it out of the storage shed and give it a whirl but I know any sort of twisting with the pelvis will be verboten...now and for the long term.

I'm thinking about selling it but sorta foot-dragging a bit. Pristine bike. Any interest here in that sort of thing? :ear

:spam Yeah, I know.

May be interested in trades, etc. Could use a dual crown fork...but I'm thinking my freeride days might be over, too, for the same reasons. Dunno. Any interest? Just sorta testing the waters.

Tell me more....:ear
I rode some freestyle with Guy Coopers little brother growing up but I never had a bike worthy enough to really get into it.Lately I have found myself taking chances on my MTB that it/I are not quite equiped for...:D(I'll need that smiley sans toof soon if I don't chill...)

Photog 08-16-2006 12:44 PM

http://www.trialshop.de/images/Farhr...Monty_219M.jpg

I don't have any actual pics of it, but this is it. Has the Magura brakes.

I'll need to go yank it out of my storage building to get a better look at it, but I rode it so little it's pristine. It will give you one heck of a workout.

I actually rode it in our kitchen, which was tiny.

You could ride it anywhere. Basements are popular trials practice stages. :lol3

AnnieGS 08-16-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

gaaaaahhhh!!!

...but I checked in on the 'wrong' thread for such information. So, in this case, two wrongs made a right. :rofl

Photog 08-16-2006 12:47 PM

I'm brilliant. :norton

:oscar

AnnieGS 08-16-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

I'm brilliant. :norton

:oscar

great minds and all... :norton :norton

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:10 AM.