ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Homey 09-26-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
Nothing

I seat all day at home in Nigeria making millions with my 419 scam scheme.


That's cool, did you get my check yet?

Uncle Pollo 09-26-2007 11:08 AM

Not Many
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
:lol3

With or without a flat :ear

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...g/100_5573.jpg

Uncle Pollo 09-26-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey
That's cool, did you get my check yet?

Now we are talking!

:beer

edit: Your profile reads "ultra cycling"

Next summer I want to bag at least one brevet for that. RAAM is my dream ride!

Oznerol 09-26-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
:huh

That doesn't look natural

:huh


Gotta be silicone implants.

Homey 09-26-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
Now we are talking!

:beer

edit: Your profile reads "ultra cycling"

Next summer I want to get bag at least one brevet for that. RAAM is my dream ride!

You have my admiration for wanting to do RAAM. That's a seriously tough race. I've done it twice. The feeling you get when you cross that finish line is unlike anything else. I've done a lot of things in my life and that ranks right up there.

Brevets are a blast too. They are much more social than the ultra races. In many ways I enjoy them more than the races.

Do you plan on doing those on the fixed gear??? That would put you in my "cool" catagory for sure!

Uncle Pollo 09-26-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey
You have my admiration for wanting to do RAAM. That's a seriously tough race. I've done it twice. The feeling you get when you cross that finish line is unlike anything else. I've done a lot of things in my life and that ranks right up there.

Brevets are a blast too. They are much more social than the ultra races. In many ways I enjoy them more than the races.

What year(s) where your RAAM entires?

You are hereby obliged to post about your RAAM experiences :pope


ps: oh and http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/secrets-single-speeder <-- my hero

Homey 09-26-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
What year(s) where your RAAM entires?

You are hereby obliged to post about your RAAM experiences :pope


ps: oh and http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/secrets-single-speeder <-- my hero

I raced this year and last year. I was on mixed four person team this year Team JDRF and team Cyclonauts in 2006.

2006 was pretty ugly because I T-boned the van in Borrego Springs at 40mph. That landed me in the hospital in Brawley. I got out the next morning with 80 stitches in my leg and knee, a broken elbow (not bad), a golfball sized hole in the side of my knee and lots of road rash and hematomas. I caught up to the team near Flagstaff and finished the race. Lots of fun!

Dranrab Luap 09-26-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey
I raced this year and last year. I was on mixed four person team this year Team JDRF and team Cyclonauts in 2006.

2006 was pretty ugly because I T-boned the van in Borrego Springs at 40mph. That landed me in the hospital in Brawley. I got out the next morning with 80 stitches in my leg and knee, a broken elbow (not bad), a golfball sized hole in the side of my knee and lots of road rash and hematomas. I caught up to the team near Flagstaff and finished the race. Lots of fun!

I think you and I have a different definition of fun. Do you like hitting yourself in the nuts with meat cleavers too?

Zodiac 09-26-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey
You have my admiration for wanting to do RAAM. That's a seriously tough race. I've done it twice. The feeling you get when you cross that finish line is unlike anything else. I've done a lot of things in my life and that ranks right up there.

Brevets are a blast too. They are much more social than the ultra races. In many ways I enjoy them more than the races.

Do you plan on doing those on the fixed gear??? That would put you in my "cool" catagory for sure!


I'm impressed, that's always been a dream ride of mine. I thought Lon Halderman was the coolest mother around back in the 80's. Guy would live off of fast food to fuel the ride....:deal

Welcome to the asylum/bicycle thread. :freaky

ThomD 09-26-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey
I raced this year and last year. I was on mixed four person team this year Team JDRF and team Cyclonauts in 2006.

2006 was pretty ugly because I T-boned the van in Borrego Springs at 40mph. That landed me in the hospital in Brawley. I got out the next morning with 80 stitches in my leg and knee, a broken elbow (not bad), a golfball sized hole in the side of my knee and lots of road rash and hematomas. I caught up to the team near Flagstaff and finished the race. Lots of fun!

Hey Homey - any chance you are doing Knoxville DC? Veronica did the staff ride (see post above with the trash bag chic), while I drove SAG.

Homey 09-26-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomD
Hey Homey - any chance you are doing Knoxville DC? Veronica did the staff ride (see post above with the trash bag chic), while I drove SAG.


Hey Thom how are you doing? No, I'm not doing Knoxville this year. I'm doing the Furnace Creek 508 the weekend after Knoxville so I didn't think it wise. Knoxville is a great ride though. I saw that Veronica finished the staff ride. That's her third double this year isn't it? All of them toughies too! Give her my congrats!


Dranrab Luap, I'm not as nuts as you might think. I was part of a team and I couldn't leave them hanging without me as long as I could still turn a peddal. In actuallity, I think getting back on the bike actually helped me to heal faster and better. We had a EMT as a crew member and he changed my bandages every couple hours. I credit him and the Dr who did an incredible job stitching me back together with allowing me to complete the race.


Perry, thanks for the welcome.

ThomD 09-26-2007 03:35 PM

Hey Homey,

I'm almost glad that Veronica isn't very fast, because if she ever gets zippy (other than downhill), she'll be thinking 508. She did get 3 double in, but this last one was tough because she hadn't really been training. That girl has way too much determination.

I"m out of work right now (by plan) and remodeling the house. Oddly, I'm not riding much.

For K-ville I'll be doing SAG on the motorbike. Should be an interesting experience.

BTW, you didn't mention whose van that was. :evil It does make for a great story.

Homey 09-26-2007 04:25 PM

:wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomD
For K-ville I'll be doing SAG on the motorbike. Should be an interesting experience.

BTW, you didn't mention whose van that was. :evil It does make for a great story.

Wellllll, it's a little embarassing to admit that ones own van and crew turned in front of him...thanks for bringing that up. :wink:

btw, for those who think that carbon fibre bikes are fragile my Colnago came through that crash with only a snapped in half crankarm and one broken Zipp 404 wheel. Oh yeah, I also broke the cleat mount on my shoe. It's kind of funny that I've crashed my motorcycles more times than I can even count (at speed up to 130+mph) and have never hurt myslf as bad as I have on the bicycle...

YakSpout 09-26-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homey
:wink:
Wellllll, it's a little embarassing to admit that ones own van and crew turned in front of him...thanks for bringing that up. :wink:

btw, for those who think that carbon fibre bikes are fragile my Colnago came through that crash with only a snapped in half crankarm and one broken Zipp 404 wheel. Oh yeah, I also broke the cleat mount on my shoe. It's kind of funny that I've crashed my motorcycles more times than I can even count (at speed up to 130+mph) and have never hurt myslf as bad as I have on the bicycle...

I hear you.

Everytime I get up above 35mph on my bicycle, a little voice starts screaming at me, "You wouldn't do this on your motorcycle wearing only spandex, would you!?!"

Askel 09-26-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakSpout
Everytime I get up above 35mph on my bicycle, a little voice starts screaming at me, "You wouldn't do this on your motorcycle wearing only spandex, would you!?!"


Today's max speed: 53.9mph.

I'm glad I have no idea I'm going that fast when I'm doing it. I'd probably freak out and fall over on principal. :lol3


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014