ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Zodiac 09-30-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen
I like the retro stuff too and LOVE the woolies...my .02, just remember the Clydes and Substantial Ladies when you're looking. Lots of folks would probably buy in when they're first getting back to riding as a form of motivation...lots of THOSE folks (me included) are still pretty big. :thumb

I'm a mini Clyde so I hear ya...:evil

I guess they'll ask for a group of sizes, once I hammer out the order process I'll take a ballpark figure of what everyone needs sizewise.

PS - I just went through 2 dozen order sites and the one I linked to still has the most traditional "retro" style shirt design, and color choice.

I think there's a 25 order minimum. Once I figure out how best to do this, I'll cover the deposit (hopefully), and once it's confirmed I'll take an order sheet of the 25 first orders. Each one will be a size to the name of who's jeresey it is. Once we have the order covered via payments we'll pull the trigger for production.

PS -I'm really new to this, if anyone has advice.........

Queen 09-30-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry

I guess they'll ask for a group of sizes, once I hammer out the order process I'll take a ballpark figure of what everyone needs sizewise.

PS - I just went through 2 dozen order sites and the one I linked to still has the most traditional "retro" style shirt design, and color choice.

I think there's a 25 order minimum. Once I figure out how best to do this, I'll cover the deposit (hopefully), and once it's confirmed I'll take an order sheet of the 25 first orders. Each one will be a size to the name of who's jeresey it is. Once we have the order covered via payments we'll pull the trigger for production.

Just had a thought Perry, if Baldy goes ahead and gives us a stand-alone cycling forum...do you want to wait and see about doing jerseys for that instead? I imagine several folks would want both though. :dunno

Zodiac 09-30-2007 01:42 PM

ps- I need the ADV logo or any ADV logos in a vector (illustrator format) , can anyone send this to me, or place a link/attachment?

Knary to the retro yellow courtesy phone...

Zodiac 09-30-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen
Just had a thought Perry, if Baldy goes ahead and gives us a stand-alone cycling forum...do you want to wait and see about doing jerseys for that instead? I imagine several folks would want both though. :dunno

I dunno, that's a good point, but I'm thinking this is the original place we all met, and there's possibly quite a few asylum members who aren't in this bike thread who would still want to place an order.

These things seem pretty expensive too...

(?)

My vote is we go with an ADV jersey first, and cross the new forum bridge when we see it happen.

Queen 09-30-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

I dunno, that's a good point, but I'm thinking this is the original place we all met, and there's possibly quite a few asylum members who aren't in this bike thread who would still want to place an order.

(?)

My vote is we go with an ADV jersey first, and cross the new forum brideg when we see it happen.

Sounds good. :thumb

Uncle Pollo 09-30-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

(?)

My vote is we go with an ADV jersey first, and cross the new forum brideg when we see it happen.

Yup

ADV jersey :nod ...

"Two Wheels Around The World"
or something ...

Ken 09-30-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knary
Are you hoping to actually light up the road or just make yourself visible in traffic?

The route we will ride there are no cars and the ones there are are going 20 mph. We'll use our mt. bikes and just need to see to ride.

blacksan 09-30-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken
Any ideas on which lights to buy??

I use a NiteRider product at work and love it. There are several diffrent models that should help you narrow down what works best for your needs.

playzNmud 09-30-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

hey.. talk to "EagleFeather" I think he has some weird thingies attached to his Inmate name.. I will search.. but prints stuff.. as well as Hayduke....

gambrinus 09-30-2007 02:45 PM

NiteRider stuff is spendy, but it is well made, tough product. If you're only going to use it once in a great while, save your $$ and get a cateye or something. IF however, you'll be commuting or something where you'll be using your light nightly, you can't go wrong with the NiteRider.

RW - Namer of the "Blowtorch"

Mercury264 09-30-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

I'm going to call one of these places this week, start feeling them out for what kind of deposit or payment they need to do a minimum order.

I'm guessing we'd be able to sell 20 automatically to the regs around here, before we even commit to a design.

Probably another 20 after people see them worn here on the thread.

If it's a few hundred dollars to do an initial order, I can cover it, and then send them out to whomever pays the unit price + shipping.

Once we have a template with one compnay, and we're happy with them, we can just build up an order list and place another order.

Re= colors, I really want to stay away from any white except in the ADV logos. I think one small one in front (left breast), and one large one on back would work well.

I'm digging a dark mustard primary color, with maybe light blue retro stripe across chest (see link I posted above), and maybe red arm bands.

In (might need YFF size though so dark is good :wink:).

Good on yer Perry.

Dranrab Luap 09-30-2007 04:07 PM

Ken I have started doing an early morning (dark) ride near my house. We had 3 guys on the last ride I did. One guy had a very strong light...brand name escapes me, but it's one of those $200 units. It lit up the raod very well. The other guy had both a strobe and a headlight. I had just the LED strobe. We had a full moon, so I was able to see very well. In complete darkness I would opt in favor of a strobe/headlight combo. I know you said there were no cages on your route, but the LED stobes REALLY get their attention. Without exception, each of the vehicles that approacehd us from the front slowed appreciably. I have a single red strobe on the back and will probably add another. It's a great way to get in some wheel time. Post back and let us know how it goes.

blacksan 09-30-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus
NiteRider stuff is spendy, but it is well made, tough product.

+1

I put mine through hell and it has not let me down. I am going to do one of the helmet mounts for my own personal use.

Baldy 09-30-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playzNmud
count me in....

If you model 'em, our sales would go from 10 to 1,000. :rofl

Dranrab Luap 09-30-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
If you model 'em, our sales would go from 10 to 1,000. :rofl

I'll take one for the team and do the photography.:evil

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:04 AM.