ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

blacksan 10-03-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
Yep, don't leave home without it.

+1 Bazillion

I was hit by a car on May 1st and my big pumpkin was driven down in too the pavement. Yah, I was knocked unconscious and all broken up, but the helmet saved my life, so saith the doc.

http://blacksan.smugmug.com/photos/195255342-M.jpg

http://blacksan.smugmug.com/photos/195255397-M.jpg

blacksan 10-03-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiLeR650
Uhh, I hate to break it to you, but you dont need to work out to enjoy those things.

True, but I do and have a 30" waist.:wings

gambrinus 10-03-2007 08:27 AM

Hemets are for pussys. Heck, all the big tough Harley types don't need no stinkin' helmet and they go way faster than me on my bicycle....

RW

ps KIDDING! I got popped by a cage in 96 or so.. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for my Giro that gave its life for me.

Baldy 10-03-2007 09:43 AM

I got popped by a cage two years ago and unfortunately my Giro was too high on my head and I hit my forehead on the road, just above the eyebrow. It fractured my skull in lots of places and all the bones that support my eye socket.

I got me a helmet that comes right down to the top of my eyebrow now.

gambrinus 10-03-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
I got popped by a cage two years ago and unfortunately my Giro was too high on my head and I hit my forehead on the road, just above the eyebrow. It fractured my skull in lots of places and all the bones that support my eye socket.

I got me a helmet that comes right down to the top of my eyebrow now.

i got a nasy collection of facial skull fractures when I was 13 or so... jumping my BMW bike over a pond. This is WELL before kids wore helmets anyplace other than the track. BOOM landed right on my face. Broke my nose, and cracked both cheeks.. Ever since then a trip to the dentist that includes the "panarex"?? X-ray thing that spins around your head.. you guys know what I'm talking about, anyway.. you can still see the lines from that crash that was a LONG time ago. Only lasting mark is a nice scar on my nose from 9 stitches.

RW

Askel 10-03-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus
i got a nasy collection of facial skull fractures when I was 13 or so... jumping my BMW bike over a pond.

You were jumping BMWs at 13? :eek1

:lol3

Oh yeah, so I said to myself this weekend, "Self, if they can't take more than $100 off of MSRP on that Kona Jake down at the LBS, let's just wait until the '08s are in."

Those fuckers down at the LBS, read my goddamn mind. $669.

Guess who's going 'cross racing?

Hint: His face is all fucked up.

gambrinus 10-03-2007 10:28 AM

Typo.. sorry. BMX bike is what I meant... smart ass.

Congrats on the new 'Cross bike!

RW

ps how did it go at the bar last night? Did the ladies fawn over your terrible injuries... bored married guys have to live through the exploits of their single buddies!

Askel 10-03-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus

ps how did it go at the bar last night? Did the ladies fawn over your terrible injuries... bored married guys have to live through the exploits of their single buddies!

Volunteer Fire Department meeting last night. Ain't nothing even close to a lady anywhere nearby. :lol3

I'll try nonchalantly carrying the fancy new 'cross bike in over my shoulder to the local brew pub this weekend and let you know how it goes...

"So after I whacked her in the head and tipped over all their beers...."

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 10:39 AM

Askel ... graphic novella man ... you are missing sindication here!

Askel 10-03-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
Askel ... graphic novella man ... you are missing sindication here!

Even xkcd is better illustrated than anything I could come up with.

Besides, if I actually possessed any artistic talent, I'd just get myself a beret and a sketchpad and plunk my ass down at the local coffee house, problem solved! :lol3

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel
Even xkcd is better illustrated than anything I could come up with.

Besides, if I actually possessed any artistic talent, I'd just get myself a beret and a sketchpad and plunk my ass down at the local coffee house, problem solved! :lol3

Mkay ... You got me something to do while spending all those nights on the road now .... let's see if i can come up with something by xmas.

gambrinus 10-03-2007 10:50 AM

Facial wounds AND you're a fireman?!?!? Dude, if you can't play up that combo for some sympathy lovin' you just ain't trying. Certain details, like the fact that you got hurt on a bicycle should probably be ummm "played down" a bit....

RW

DoctorIt 10-03-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
I got popped by a cage two years ago and unfortunately my Giro was too high on my head

I remember your ordeal :eek1

unfortunately, you bring up a good point - most of the super vented lightweight helmets really MUST be worn properly and fitted properly to do their job. what are you wearing for a bucket these days?

blacksan 10-03-2007 03:52 PM

I am cursed with wide feet and have a fit locating wide width shoes. Do any of y'all have that problem? If so what shoe have you found to overcome it?

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
I am cursed with wide feet and have a fit locating wide width shoes. Do any of y'all have that problem? If so what shoe have you found to overcome it?

The shimano mtb shoes are really wide

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:58 PM.