ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

blacksan 10-03-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
The shimano mtb shoes are really wide

:thumb

dragoon 10-03-2007 04:09 PM

Note to self: Never, ever post a pic on a bike without a helmet again. Geez :rolleyes

nomiles 10-03-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
I completely underestimated the effort and this was my first DNF from being too wiped to finish...

I had run the Comrades Marathon, 56 miles in Africa over hill and dale, just a few weeks before and was probably still tired.

Sorry about the DNF, know the feeling I DNF the WS100, twice. It pays to actually train and not start injured. :D

Congratz on the Comrades finish! you must have beat the firing of the shotgun.

This is race is next weekend, it's almost in your backyard and is tougher than Comrades :evil I mark 1/2 the trail, you can still enter, I can talk you up with Ann T if you want. :D

http://www.firetrails50.net/

DoctorIt 10-03-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoon
Note to self: Never, ever post a pic on a bike without a helmet again. Geez :rolleyes

It's only cuz we like you :flip

Baldy 10-03-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomiles
Sorry about the DNF, know the feeling I DNF the WS100, twice. It pays to actually train and not start injured. :D

Congratz on the Comrades finish! you must have beat the firing of the shotgun.

This is race is next weekend, it's almost in your backyard and is tougher than Comrades :evil I mark 1/2 the trail, you can still enter, I can talk you up with Ann T if you want. :D

http://www.firetrails50.net/

Oh, boy... Firetrails... I've wanted to do that for awhile because I'm an idiot.

I'm actually entering the lottery for WS100 this year with the working assumption I won't get in. Thing is, I ran some 50s and qualified so I figured I might as well try my luck. Odds are my name won't get picked so I signed up for IronMan Arizona instead looking for a Kona slot. When they announce the WS100 lottery winners, if my name's on it, I'll drop the IM and shift my training pronto.

So right now I'm pretty heavy into the bike training, light on running, and a hilly 50M like Firetrails would leave a mark. :knary :knary :knary

blacksan 10-03-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
So right now I'm pretty heavy into the bike training, light on running.

That brings up a good point. I do about 30 miles each shift with approximately 13 pounds of extra crap strapped on my body. The result is legs of steel, the down side is I can't run for crap with my big pegs. So, how many of you folks actually bike/run?

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/14...425x425Q85.jpg

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
That brings up a good point. I do about 30 miles each shift with approximately 13 pounds of extra crap strapped on my body. The result is legs of steel, the down side is I can't run for crap with my big pegs. So, how many of you folks actually bike/run?

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/14...425x425Q85.jpg

I cannot enjoy walking anymore.

Anything under 8 miles an hour is slow motion, dammit :baldy

blacksan 10-03-2007 06:12 PM

I can strap on my 75lb weight vest and do a 10K forced march without out water, but can't run past a 4 year old.:cry

nomiles 10-03-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
I'm actually entering the lottery for WS100 this year with the working assumption I won't get in.

Two good friends are trustees on the WS board of directors, maybe we can rig the lottery. :lol3

How about the Quadruple Dipsea Nov. 24th. it will be the 25th running. 28.4 miles that are worse than any 50 :evil get over the Thanksgiving turkey. :D

http://www.run100s.com/images/QD1.jpg

The RD is a WS trustee and just bought Ultrarunning Magazine. :evil :D

flip18436572 10-03-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
So, how many of you folks actually bike/run?

I bike, run, swim, racquetball, tennis, golf, basketball, weight lift, elliptical, treadmill walks, etc.....

Too bad I am still a CLYDESDALE. I have lost 100 pounds, but I still need to lose another 40 to meet my goal.

blacksan 10-03-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
I bike, run, swim, racquetball, tennis, golf, basketball, weight lift, elliptical, treadmill walks, etc.....

Too bad I am still a CLYDESDALE. I have lost 100 pounds, but I still need to lose another 40 to meet my goal.

Ok, Mr "Smarty Pants". I would be right there with you, but I am so phecking old I just requested medical records that went back too 1968.:ksteve

Askel 10-03-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
I am cursed with wide feet and have a fit locating wide width shoes. Do any of y'all have that problem? If so what shoe have you found to overcome it?


I've been pretty happy with my Pearl Izumi MTB shoes.

flip18436572 10-03-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
Ok, Mr "Smarty Pants". I would be right there with you, but I am so phecking old I just requested medical records that went back too 1968.:ksteve

I am 43, soon to be 44. Old to some, young to others. I let myself go really bad and my body was paying for it. Now I am trying to change all of that. Changed my lifestyle, and it is helping.

BTW, I hate running and always have. But, I set a goal of doing an olympic distance triathlon in 2008, so running is something I have to do to be able to finish the race.

My oldest daughters boyfriend is a cross country runner. One of his shirts says: "Our sport is your sports punishment." Maybe that is why I hated running, as we were always in trouble during basketball, football, baseball, tennis. :D

blacksan 10-03-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
I am 43, soon to be 44. Old to some, young to others. I let myself go really bad and my body was paying for it. Now I am trying to change all of that. Changed my lifestyle, and it is helping.

BTW, I hate running and always have. But, I set a goal of doing an olympic distance triathlon in 2008, so running is something I have to do to be able to finish the race.

My oldest daughters boyfriend is a cross country runner. One of his shirts says: "Our sport is your sports punishment." Maybe that is why I hated running, as we were always in trouble during basketball, football, baseball, tennis. :D

Oh yah,....never mind.:lol3 Shit, I was doing bicycle crunches and jumping rope today and my feeble ass was clicking so loud my deaf friend was asking where all the noise was coming from.:cry

dragoon 10-03-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
I bike, run, swim, racquetball, tennis, golf, basketball, weight lift, elliptical, treadmill walks, etc.....

Too bad I am still a CLYDESDALE. I have lost 100 pounds, but I still need to lose another 40 to meet my goal.

Clydes rock! :super :super

I like to adventure race. Have a 12 hr one coming up in November :arg


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015