ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

gambrinus 10-03-2007 11:28 AM

Typo.. sorry. BMX bike is what I meant... smart ass.

Congrats on the new 'Cross bike!


RW


ps how did it go at the bar last night? Did the ladies fawn over your terrible injuries... bored married guys have to live through the exploits of their single buddies!

Askel 10-03-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus


ps how did it go at the bar last night? Did the ladies fawn over your terrible injuries... bored married guys have to live through the exploits of their single buddies!

Volunteer Fire Department meeting last night. Ain't nothing even close to a lady anywhere nearby. :lol3

I'll try nonchalantly carrying the fancy new 'cross bike in over my shoulder to the local brew pub this weekend and let you know how it goes...


"So after I whacked her in the head and tipped over all their beers...."

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 11:39 AM

Askel ... graphic novella man ... you are missing sindication here!

Askel 10-03-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
Askel ... graphic novella man ... you are missing sindication here!


Even xkcd is better illustrated than anything I could come up with.

Besides, if I actually possessed any artistic talent, I'd just get myself a beret and a sketchpad and plunk my ass down at the local coffee house, problem solved! :lol3

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel
Even xkcd is better illustrated than anything I could come up with.

Besides, if I actually possessed any artistic talent, I'd just get myself a beret and a sketchpad and plunk my ass down at the local coffee house, problem solved! :lol3

Mkay ... You got me something to do while spending all those nights on the road now .... let's see if i can come up with something by xmas.

gambrinus 10-03-2007 11:50 AM

Facial wounds AND you're a fireman?!?!? Dude, if you can't play up that combo for some sympathy lovin' you just ain't trying. Certain details, like the fact that you got hurt on a bicycle should probably be ummm "played down" a bit....





RW

DoctorIt 10-03-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
I got popped by a cage two years ago and unfortunately my Giro was too high on my head

I remember your ordeal :eek1

unfortunately, you bring up a good point - most of the super vented lightweight helmets really MUST be worn properly and fitted properly to do their job. what are you wearing for a bucket these days?

blacksan 10-03-2007 04:52 PM

I am cursed with wide feet and have a fit locating wide width shoes. Do any of y'all have that problem? If so what shoe have you found to overcome it?

Uncle Pollo 10-03-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
I am cursed with wide feet and have a fit locating wide width shoes. Do any of y'all have that problem? If so what shoe have you found to overcome it?

The shimano mtb shoes are really wide

blacksan 10-03-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Alejo
The shimano mtb shoes are really wide

:thumb

dragoon 10-03-2007 05:09 PM

Note to self: Never, ever post a pic on a bike without a helmet again. Geez :rolleyes

nomiles 10-03-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
I completely underestimated the effort and this was my first DNF from being too wiped to finish...

I had run the Comrades Marathon, 56 miles in Africa over hill and dale, just a few weeks before and was probably still tired.

Sorry about the DNF, know the feeling I DNF the WS100, twice. It pays to actually train and not start injured. :D

Congratz on the Comrades finish! you must have beat the firing of the shotgun.

This is race is next weekend, it's almost in your backyard and is tougher than Comrades :evil I mark 1/2 the trail, you can still enter, I can talk you up with Ann T if you want. :D

http://www.firetrails50.net/

DoctorIt 10-03-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoon
Note to self: Never, ever post a pic on a bike without a helmet again. Geez :rolleyes

It's only cuz we like you :flip

Baldy 10-03-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomiles
Sorry about the DNF, know the feeling I DNF the WS100, twice. It pays to actually train and not start injured. :D

Congratz on the Comrades finish! you must have beat the firing of the shotgun.

This is race is next weekend, it's almost in your backyard and is tougher than Comrades :evil I mark 1/2 the trail, you can still enter, I can talk you up with Ann T if you want. :D

http://www.firetrails50.net/

Oh, boy... Firetrails... I've wanted to do that for awhile because I'm an idiot.

I'm actually entering the lottery for WS100 this year with the working assumption I won't get in. Thing is, I ran some 50s and qualified so I figured I might as well try my luck. Odds are my name won't get picked so I signed up for IronMan Arizona instead looking for a Kona slot. When they announce the WS100 lottery winners, if my name's on it, I'll drop the IM and shift my training pronto.

So right now I'm pretty heavy into the bike training, light on running, and a hilly 50M like Firetrails would leave a mark. :knary :knary :knary

blacksan 10-03-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldy
So right now I'm pretty heavy into the bike training, light on running.

That brings up a good point. I do about 30 miles each shift with approximately 13 pounds of extra crap strapped on my body. The result is legs of steel, the down side is I can't run for crap with my big pegs. So, how many of you folks actually bike/run?

http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/14...425x425Q85.jpg


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014