ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

terry.mc 08-21-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caffeind
Have you flipped the trailer with the kids in it yet? I didn't think it was possible, but it is. SWMBO was NOT amused.

:nod

Dad of the year right here.

MineMapper 08-21-2006 12:59 PM

Got it a little sideways after we hit some sand coming around an off-camber corner on the trail yesterday. Luckily the boy was sitting on the inside and his weight held it down while I got things straightened out. Sure was glad that Momma wasn't along for that ride though....:wink:

Gummee! 08-21-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motojedi
A better indicator of fitness than RHR is your lactic threshold. That's the highest HR you can maintain that allows the lactic acid to be flushed as fast as its being produced (basically).

At 38 y.o. I have a RHR of 40, a max of about 182, and a lactic threshold of about 155-160. In other words, I can sustain a workout intensity with a rate of 155-160 for hours. (not bragging, just an example)

Oh, and I won my mountain bike race yesterday.:D (now I'm bragging)

congrats. What class?

:ear

M

Gummee! 08-21-2006 01:33 PM

Just got talked to by the DO manager and Office mgr. Seems they don't like my $4000 bike(s) in my office...

:dunno

Now I'm supposed to put it in the conference room... WITH my gear on it on hangers.

:scratch

That's better how?

:baldy

M

ThomD 08-21-2006 07:27 PM

Just got back from 3 days of single track, in the forests of Oregon on the Umpqua River Trail. Good trail, physically and technically hard. Lots of steep drops if you make a mistake. Nobody else out there.

Here's my wife zipping along.

http://tandemhearts.com/umpqua-2006/...umpqua-009.jpg

This one is funny because it is the only place they put these logs and thr trail and easily 3 times wider here than in most places.

http://tandemhearts.com/umpqua-2006/...umpqua-011.jpg

Caffeind 08-21-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
Just got talked to by the DO manager and Office mgr. Seems they don't like my $4000 bike(s) in my office...

Now I'm supposed to put it in the conference room... WITH my gear on it on hangers.

That's better how?

M

Now that doesn't make any goddamn sense. :bluduh

scootertrash 08-21-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knary
The f-ing rednecks are worse than ever the past month. We already have a police report filed on a jeep on the same road that swerved at one of our riders. That same day we had more incidents with cars than all the last year's rides combined.

maybe if the cyclists pulled one of these out of thier bags, it would level the playing field:

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/1911B1.jpg

Caffeind 08-21-2006 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry.mc
:nod

Dad of the year right here.

In my case, it was the first time I could get my 2-year-old into the trailer. She thought it was a monster that was going to eat her. Now neither of them will get in it. :dunno

$100 :flush

Mulekick 08-21-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

In my case, it was the first time I could get my 2-year-old into the trailer. She thought it was a monster that was going to eat her. Now neither of them will get in it. :dunno

$100 :flush

Dood..I'll ride in it....:D

2whlrcr 08-21-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motojedi

Oh, and I won my mountain bike race yesterday.:D (now I'm bragging)

That just means your a sandbagger and it's time to move up.:hide Unless you won overall.:eek1

BeeCeeGS 08-21-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Have you flipped the trailer with the kids in it yet? I didn't think it was possible, but it is. SWMBO was NOT amused.

My buddy flipped his with 2 kids in it. He was worried until he looked inside and they were just hanging there in their straps. "WTF, dad?" :lol3

I'm gonna be buying a trailer soon--I hope my kid likes it, or I'll just have to wear ear plugs when I ride.

knary 08-21-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootertrash
maybe if the cyclists pulled one of these out of thier bags, it would level the playing field:

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/1911B1.jpg

When?

You're zipping down the road minding your own business when BHAM, you're wondering if you're going to survive the impact with the ground.

Zodiac 08-22-2006 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knary
When?

You're zipping down the road minding your own business when BHAM, you're wondering if you're going to survive the impact with the ground.

Yup, you'll never hear it coming.

But if we use the buddy system...:evil

motojedi 08-22-2006 06:19 AM

Quote:

congrats. What class?

:ear

M

I'm a CLYDESDALE.

I just started racing this year. Actually about mid-season. At my first race in early July, I got the holeshot and was the first one into the woods. I then managed to sweep all the loose rocks and tree branches off the first downhill for my fellow competitors. I didn't have a broom so I used my body cuz' that's the kinda good sportsman I am. After everyone in my class passed me I managed to work my way back up to second. I've won the last two races and the final race of the season is about a mile from where I work so, barring any mechanicals I should fair well.

My friend that I go to all the races with (sport class) says I should skip beginner next year and go up to sport. I said I wanna run clydesdale again so I can win the season championship. (didn't run enough races this year):D I'll change my name to Sandy Bagger for next season.

Photog 08-22-2006 06:39 AM

Quote:

That's better how?

M

That's seriously screwed up.

I usually end up transporting my bikes in the back of the jeep...I just lock 'em in, lock the doors, and go. Used to loop a cable lock around my bikes when I had 'em on the roof of the Saturn. I never felt really comfortable about my bikes being out of sight. Not that I've got any expensive ones like you...if I did, that sucker would be in my office during the day, no question.

When I was working at at local TV station, I kept my mtb there since I worked night shift, and would ride local singletrack (Duke Forest) in the mornings. Sure enough, some asshat tried to steal the bike. I recovered it, but it sure as hell taught me a lesson about where I could stash it.

But for me, if there's a lot of steps from being in civvie clothes (or in bed) to getting the bike on the road, I'll skip it. So I used to just leave my bike behind my office door (I had a way to prop it vertical) with my bike duds hanging on it...and would take a ride at lunch and after work. Once that gets complicated, it takes the speed/sponteneity out of the workday ride.

Feck. I feel your pain. That's stupid.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:09 AM.