ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 01-20-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksan
That is a relief!

We don't have the mega shops like y'all do in NOVA which means that I will need to scrounge a little harder for them.

Check CL DC and if you find something, I can always get it for you.

M

UngaWunga 01-20-2008 11:47 AM

I've got these for sale. Has a few hundred miles of use on it, good as new. It does come with the magnetic resistance unit.

$100/bo.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8048/p1010006mo2.jpg


http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8186/p1010007kz9.jpg

Mercury264 01-20-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UngaWunga
I've got these for sale. Has a few hundred miles of use on it, good as new. It does come with the magnetic resistance unit.

$100/bo.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8048/p1010006mo2.jpg


http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8186/p1010007kz9.jpg

Unga - def interested. How would these be for a roller novice do ya think ?

Where are you in NH (please feel free to PM me that info) - I am thinking these suckers are heavy so I might have to come pick them up or meet halfway mebbe ?

Cheers....

PackMule 01-20-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
Unga - def interested. How would these be for a roller novice do ya think ?

Where are you in NH (please feel free to PM me that info) - I am thinking these suckers are heavy so I might have to come pick them up or meet halfway mebbe ?

Cheers....


Careful, he lives in the next town over from me... :deal :D

Cat0020 01-22-2008 09:57 AM

I just dug up this picture from google:

http://www.bobkestrut.com/images/per...cecatalog1.jpg

Does Lance look gey to you? with Skittle Rainbow et' all...

What's with the 'fro on Hincapie?

ahh.. how fashion have changed in a couple of decades...

Julich and Jemison using STI and not Lance & Hincapie?

Gummee! 01-22-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat0020
I just dug up this picture from google:

http://www.bobkestrut.com/images/per...cecatalog1.jpg

Does Lance look gey to you? with Skittle Rainbow et' all...

What's with the 'fro on Hincapie?

ahh.. how fashion have changed in a couple of decades...

Julich and Jemison using STI and not Lance & Hincapie?

What's really skeery is I remember that cover. :puke1

Note also the difference in pedals. Looks and Times...

At least the stuff they were wearing wasn't PBS brand! :whew Descente is good stuff.

M

flip18436572 01-23-2008 03:31 PM

Getting this back on top.

For those of you not at Fried Quads, I did a metric century on my rollers yesterday. Not as bad as I thought, and my legs were not bad at all this morning, so I did a 60 minute elliptical workout.

SofaKing 01-23-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
Getting this back on top.

For those of you not at Fried Quads, I did a metric century on my rollers yesterday. Not as bad as I thought, and my legs were not bad at all this morning, so I did a 60 minute elliptical workout.

How long did that take and what did you do to alleviate boredom? That is a lot of stationary time!

RobbieO 01-23-2008 03:52 PM

If anyone has a swing bike for sale, please PM me!
Thanks

http://raleigh-chopper-net.tripod.com/images/Swing.jpg

Dranrab Luap 01-23-2008 03:55 PM

I have never seen one of those before. That's an interesting concept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieO
If anyone has a swing bike for sale, please PM me!
Thanks

http://raleigh-chopper-net.tripod.com/images/Swing.jpg


Mercury264 01-23-2008 03:57 PM

These posts on rollers is very timely.

As of tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a nice set of rollers (thanks Unga :thumb)

So...what is the correct technique to using rollers (and apologies if this has been covered before) ?

In particular I am most concerned about how best to start - what gear should I be in, slow/fast pace etc. I intend to use the rollers in front of a TV so I don't get bored - good/bad idea ?

I would be grateful for any tips on how best to ride on rollers and in particular (d'oh) how NOT to fall off :D

Really looking forward to getting back on the bike and getting some miles in while not freezing my arse off. I was going to get out on the road this weekend but this cold really does a number on my chest so I am glad I don't have to.

Cheers....

flip18436572 01-23-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SofaKing
How long did that take and what did you do to alleviate boredom? That is a lot of stationary time!

Just a little over three hours with two breaks. I watched the local news for the first hour and a half, and then I started an old Star Wars DVD for the remaining time and shut off the DVD when I was done.

The roads are not worth being on, so I figured I might as well do something with the rollers and I wanted to have a lot of miles in January. But I blew the bottom bracket and was without a road bike for 8 or 9 days, so my mileage is a lot lower than I wanted, so I had been trying to get more miles in on the rollers.

flip18436572 01-23-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
These posts on rollers is very timely.

As of tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a nice set of rollers (thanks Unga :thumb)

So...what is the correct technique to using rollers (and apologies if this has been covered before) ?

In particular I am most concerned about how best to start - what gear should I be in, slow/fast pace etc. I intend to use the rollers in front of a TV so I don't get bored - good/bad idea ?

I would be grateful for any tips on how best to ride on rollers and in particular (d'oh) how NOT to fall off :D


Really looking forward to getting back on the bike and getting some miles in while not freezing my arse off. I was going to get out on the road this weekend but this cold really does a number on my chest so I am glad I don't have to.

Cheers....

Best advice, ride in a doorway until you feel very comfortable on the rollers. Start in and easier gear and then change the gears to be at the speed you want in the gear you want at the cadence you want.

banshee 01-23-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
So...what is the correct technique to using rollers (and apologies if this has been covered before) ?

:ear

Silver King 01-23-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat0020

Julich and Jemison using STI and not Lance & Hincapie?

Wasn't this about the time that someone lost a stage due to the new levers. I can't remember all the details, but something like the rider couldn't remember what gear he was in during a sprint for the line, looked down to check, and SPLAT!

Back in my glory days (:gerg) a lot of guys I rode with wouldn't make the switch using that event as their defense.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015