ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

kbasa 06-04-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
Very cool pic, looks like a good time. I had that same Gary Fisher till my brother borrowed it...long story.

UP N MTNS

The GF Tassajara. I like it quite a bit, actually. It's not super fancy, the gear sets aren't high end and it doesn't have nifty discs, but it'll still give me a great workout, show me some cool stuff out in the hills on the trails and cruise down the road nicely.

I need to go fix the front derailleur this morning so I can ride it this afternoon for a couple hours.

China Camp beckons.

Mercury264 06-04-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbasa
What I did today.

Angel Island, San Francisco Bay.

It was fun and I pretty much had the island to myself. I didn't see another person the whole time I was on the fire road.

http://kbasa.smugmug.com/photos/306392222_XLsyw-XL.jpg

Fantastic Pic.

If there was a motorbike in that pic, that would be first page material.

Reminds me of my (too short) visit to SF - similar weather. Boy, what a great time.

kbasa 06-04-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
Fantastic Pic.

If there was a motorbike in that pic, that would be first page material.

Reminds me of my (too short) visit to SF - similar weather. Boy, what a great time.

Thank you, sir.

It's been a bit chilly lately, with highs only in the mid 60s here in Marin. Monday was nice, though, with temps in the mid 70s. It was even warm on the island.

I'm going to put up a ride report for this, I think. :lol3

Mercury264 06-04-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Thank you, sir.

It's been a bit chilly lately, with highs only in the mid 60s here in Marin. Monday was nice, though, with temps in the mid 70s. It was even warm on the island.

I'm going to put up a ride report for this, I think. :lol3

Sounds good.

Raining here :cry

Big dirt bike event this weekend (NH Classic - I am sure you have heard of it/remember it) and it's going to be tropical :huh

Jabba 06-04-2008 10:55 AM

Cute bell~ You got a hair ribbon to match? (livin in sf too long, dave?)

Gummee! 06-04-2008 09:02 PM

Two of these guys (Rob and Sean) are employees of mine.

You toob link

Jr development is THE way to get the Euros back. Americans invented mtn biking after all!!

M

kbasa 06-04-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
Cute bell~ You got a hair ribbon to match? (livin in sf too long, dave?)

There have been a bunch of times when I've been cruising down a trail and completely surprised someone and/or their dog. I always feel bad, especially for the dogs.

Mostly, I have a bell because if you give people a little notice they'll get out of the way. I like a bell a little more than yelling "on your left". :dunno

pierce 06-04-2008 11:12 PM

yeah, my cruiser has the little bell that each time you flip the button, goes DING! once. light flip, and its a little soft ding. hard flip, and its a great big DING!!!... when riding through a crowd of people, I'll just keep going ding! ding! ding! ding! so I don't surprise anyones, as my cruiser is /really/ quiet, the 30+ year old Sugino freewheel doesn't hardly make any clicking even when coasting, the brakes are usually silent too.

CA_Strom 06-04-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce
yeah, my cruiser has the little bell that each time you flip the button, goes DING! once. light flip, and its a little soft ding. hard flip, and its a great big DING!!!... when riding through a crowd of people, I'll just keep going ding! ding! ding! ding! so I don't surprise anyones, as my cruiser is /really/ quiet, the 30+ year old Sugino freewheel doesn't hardly make any clicking even when coasting, the brakes are usually silent too.

The Chris King hubs on my road bike do a good job of clearing a path on a busy bike lane. Just coast a bit, and the people around you think an angry swarm of Africanized Killer Bees are descending upon them... I love the King hubs, but I could do without the racket they make....:D

Jabba 06-05-2008 07:28 AM

....and the only color they had in stock was lavender???:lol3 (or is that lilac?)

CA_Strom 06-05-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

....and the only color they had in stock was lavender???:lol3 (or is that lilac?)

:lol3 No, the lavender stuff is on my old Mtn. Bike! The road bike hubs are basic black!!

kbasa 06-05-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Maybe you should go check in on the "What is a Real Man" thread. :lol3

skwidd 06-05-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

There have been a bunch of times when I've been cruising down a trail and completely surprised someone and/or their dog. I always feel bad, especially for the dogs.

Mostly, I have a bell because if you give people a little notice they'll get out of the way. I like a bell a little more than yelling "on your left". :dunno

When we come upon horse folks that are moving, we'll usually just stop until they pass.
When we come up behind horse folks that are stopped, they seem to appreciate a little ding much more than shouting or no warning at all.

kbasa 06-05-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwidd
When we come upon horse folks that are moving, we'll usually just stop until they pass.
When we come up behind horse folks that are stopped, they seem to appreciate a little ding much more than shouting or no warning at all.

:nod

Bicycle or motorcycle, I give horses plenty of room and consideration.

markamazing 06-05-2008 09:32 AM

when approaching or over taking horses..

you should speak calmly to the rider. this lets the horse know what you are...

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:13 AM.