ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

scorpion 06-27-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErrinV
Hey Scorpion,

Aren't you in Pasadena area? If you get one of these you should come out and join us on our sunday night rides.

PM me if you get one and I'll get you the where/whens.

In the meantime, enjoy this teaser.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThPnK-TEW7w&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThPnK-TEW7w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


OK, now you just convinced me to shelve my derailuer

I run actually with the Midnight Riddazz valley set.

There's a few big rides coming up, cmon over to the "dark valley"

ErrinV 06-28-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpion
OK, now you just convinced me to shelve my derailuer

I run actually with the Midnight Riddazz valley set.

There's a few big rides coming up, cmon over to the "dark valley"

If you're going to go fixed though, you might look at the fixed gear version of that bike. It looks like the commuter one that you posted is just a conversion. It'll be easier to adjust your chain/gearing if you get the one with horizontal dropouts.

gambrinus 06-29-2008 08:37 AM

Cool local blog for those of you who crave your daily dose of mud.

http://mudandcowbells.blogspot.com/


RW

notmike 06-29-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorIt
Is that at Lincoln? Gloucester maybe? I swear I recognize that tree. Cool to see another Boston Crosser (look close at my avatar... that Boston Cross hat is circa 1999 or so). I'll be back in MA to catch the last race or two this season.

Sweet shirt, and very fitting for the scene :lol3

It's Gloucester, 2007. If you see a slow guy on a pink Seven, his HUP skinsuit bursting at the seams, at a NE 'cross race, stop by and say hello!

a1fa 06-29-2008 08:29 PM

This is cool, in gangzta kind of way:


<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNZSe8Q8-Iw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNZSe8Q8-Iw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AKStrom 06-29-2008 08:34 PM

Bought myself a used REI Novara Aspen AL a few weeks ago from Bikeworks.org up in Seattle.

Been working my way up to 7-8 miles/day so far. The commute from (house > train station) + (train > office) is about 10 miles, and will start commuting to work on the bus instead of the bike once I can do 15 without getting winded.

Feel better than I have in years. No surprise there, since I've been a 60 hr/wk professional keyboard jockey for the last 9 years.

Already got some bicycle farkles on order. :thumb

http://www.motorcyclecommuter.com/Image024.jpg

neanderthal 06-29-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1fa
This is cool, in gangzta kind of way:


<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNZSe8Q8-Iw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNZSe8Q8-Iw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

erm, no.
thats stupid, in a dangerous kinda way

Zodiac 06-30-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKStrom
Bought myself a used REI Novara Aspen AL a few weeks ago from Bikeworks.org up in Seattle.

Been working my way up to 7-8 miles/day so far. The commute from (house > train station) + (train > office) is about 10 miles, and will start commuting to work on the bus instead of the bike once I can do 15 without getting winded.

Feel better than I have in years. No surprise there, since I've been a 60 hr/wk professional keyboard jockey for the last 9 years.

Already got some bicycle farkles on order. :thumb

Cool, great feeling isn't it. I wish I could ride everyday like that, you'll become a strong rider quickly like that.

(fellow keyboard kockey)

Zodiac 06-30-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1fa
This is cool, in gangzta kind of way:


<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNZSe8Q8-Iw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNZSe8Q8-Iw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


I know it's wrong but seriously don't have a problem with that. A little healthy rebellion isn't a bad thing. I could think of worse things young adults could do.

Zodiac 06-30-2008 06:08 AM

Did a 60 mile organized ride yesterday, felt good even though the heat and humidity was abusive.

GPS read 3k in ascending, there were alot of tough and steep hills.

I clocked 51mph on the Garmin on a downhill.....:lol3

a1fa 06-30-2008 06:15 AM

I dig that stack of 3 bicycles camera angle. AWESOME! Imagine that POV on a motorcycle :P

VespaFitz 06-30-2008 06:34 AM

I hate bicyclists. :lol3

A bunch of 'em used to stop at the farmstand where my wife and I used to work. They'd all buy a Gatorade and every goddamned one of 'em would pay with a fucking $20 bill at 9:00 in the morning, blowing the store out of change for the next 12 hours.

Inconsiderate Spandex-wearing nitwits.

But I digress... :lol3

I live 11 miles from work and I've wanted to ride my bike. Last week I started. I'm riding a crappy old Diamondback Sorrento mountain bike. I put a rack and a set of less aggressive tires on it.

I've really been enjoying it. The ride in is great. The ride home, not so much. Hills all the way, but I'm dealing with it. The worst is surprisingly the small one on my road. I live on a gravel road and it's a pretty steep hill. I can't get much traction going up when I'm standing up. Stinks.

Anyway, that's my story. I still hate you nitwits. :lol3

Askel 06-30-2008 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VespaFitz
I hate bicyclists. :lol3

A bunch of 'em used to stop at the farmstand where my wife and I used to work. They'd all buy a Gatorade and every goddamned one of 'em would pay with a fucking $20 bill at 9:00 in the morning, blowing the store out of change for the next 12 hours.

Inconsiderate Spandex-wearing nitwits.


Should've given them their change in quarters.

Would have totally negated umpteen thousand dollars in titanium and carbon fiber. :lol3

VespaFitz 06-30-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel
Should've given them their change in quarters.

Would have totally negated umpteen thousand dollars in titanium and carbon fiber. :lol3

:lol3

You'd think that one of those douchebags would say, "Hey, how 'bout I buy at this stop and you buy at the next one?"

Zodiac 06-30-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VespaFitz
I hate bicyclists. :lol3

A bunch of 'em used to stop at the farmstand where my wife and I used to work. They'd all buy a Gatorade and every goddamned one of 'em would pay with a fucking $20 bill at 9:00 in the morning, blowing the store out of change for the next 12 hours.

Inconsiderate Spandex-wearing nitwits.

So how many wknds went by before you figured out you might need a stack of small bills to "deal" with this tough and biting issue.....?

Would you rather we handed over a wad of sweat soaked singles....?:lol3


Quote:

But I digress... :lol3

I live 11 miles from work and I've wanted to ride my bike. Last week I started. I'm riding a crappy old Diamondback Sorrento mountain bike. I put a rack and a set of less aggressive tires on it.

I've really been enjoying it. The ride in is great. The ride home, not so much. Hills all the way, but I'm dealing with it. The worst is surprisingly the small one on my road. I live on a gravel road and it's a pretty steep hill. I can't get much traction going up when I'm standing up. Stinks.

Anyway, that's my story. I still hate you nitwits. :lol3

We still hate you too you ass crack....:lol3 get a better bike!


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015