ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

/ 07-11-2008 07:09 PM

Those super bright slow flashing led tail lights. Who makes them, and where can I get them?

Note: I haven't found them in any bike store as yet. The bike stores sell the regular Cat Eyes and Planet Bikes, some with the extreme LEDs.

These are brighter, I am seeing them on 9W in NJ and in Nyack NY.



/

Kamala 07-11-2008 10:04 PM

Every Bike shop I have been in sells them.

Gummee! 07-12-2008 05:25 AM

The new blinkies are WAY bright! I rode behind Stick Me and a buddy the other nite (4Jul) and it was almost painful.

...and that was on solid 'on!'

Mine on the other hand is about 10 years old. While it still flashes, and hasn't eaten but a set of batteries in the years, ain't nearly as bright as the new ones.

HTH

M

gambrinus 07-12-2008 07:00 AM

The cool light set up here in Denver is to take a Knog Frog and wrap it around your hub. The light is pretty bright and reflects off of your spokes..


RW

Bimble 07-12-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /
Those super bright slow flashing led tail lights. Who makes them, and where can I get them?

Note: I haven't found them in any bike store as yet. The bike stores sell the regular Cat Eyes and Planet Bikes, some with the extreme LEDs.

These are brighter, I am seeing them on 9W in NJ and in Nyack NY.



/

The Planet Bike Super Flash is the cat's pajamas. Way freaking bright. Brighter than any other blinky I've seen. And the one's you saw are brighter? Egads.

Javarilla 07-12-2008 06:11 PM

Anyone ride an Independent Fabrications Planet X?

I'm thinking of building one out as a winter fixie...

http://www.sandsmachine.com/p_if_m1.jpg

Gummee! 07-12-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javarilla
Anyone ride an Independent Fabrications Planet X?

I'm thinking of building one out as a winter fixie...

http://www.sandsmachine.com/p_if_m1.jpg

I don't know about that specific Indy Fab, but a buddy of mine raved about his Crown Jewel.

:tb

M

gambrinus 07-12-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
I don't know about that specific Indy Fab, but a buddy of mine raved about his Crown Jewel.

:tb

M


The I.F. stuff is top notch. Great folks to deal with and an amazing product. If you've got the $$$ you won't regret it.

RW

Rad 07-12-2008 09:37 PM

Can a person go home?
 
Long before motorcycles I was in love with Bicycles.

I raced USCF crits and roads on one of these criterium Frames with full Campy record. The frame had won the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330570682_RjnSP-L.jpg

Well, that was 30 yrs ago and 30 lbs ago:lol3

I guess I never let go

Directly above my motorcycle lift in my garage still hang my 30 yr old large flange campy crit wheels and a few very old dried out sew ups
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330593452_gddaN-M.jpg

Behind me when I'm at my work bench is a set of my old race numbers
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330592859_PKLpt-M.jpg

And hanging with some M/C odds and ends is even a pic that is still up of my first race bike, a great look'n piece of crap Univega.
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330593134_S3uNz-M.jpg


I could not take it anymore...

I have had the itch to get back so I went out and bought myself a road bike. Not the best by any stretch of the imagination but it is a nice stiff carbon frame with a comfortable ride and a mediocre Shimamo groupo, it is a Specialized Carbon Roubaix
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/322952189_ZoE36-M.jpg

I laughed at the 30 speeds on this new bike, I don't need a triple geared that low I thought. Well, I hit my first big climb on my first ride and before long I was think'n, Holy Shit, is this as low as it goes:lol3

Guess I will be hanging around this thread now, hey a reason to be in JM:freaky

Zodiac 07-12-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad
Long before motorcycles I was in love with Bicycles.

I raced USCF crits and roads on one of these criterium Frames with full Campy record. The frame had won the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330570682_RjnSP-L.jpg

Well, that was 30 yrs ago and 30 lbs ago:lol3

I guess I never let go

Directly above my motorcycle lift in my garage still hang my 30 yr old large flange campy crit wheels and a few very old dried out sew ups
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330593452_gddaN-M.jpg

Behind me when I'm at my work bench is a set of my old race numbers
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330592859_PKLpt-M.jpg

And hanging with some M/C odds and ends is even a pic that is still up of my first race bike, a great look'n piece of crap Univega.
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330593134_S3uNz-M.jpg


I could not take it anymore...

I have had the itch to get back so I went out and bought myself a road bike. Not the best by any stretch of the imagination but it is a nice stiff carbon frame with a comfortable ride and a mediocre Shimamo groupo, it is a Specialized Carbon Roubaix
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/322952189_ZoE36-M.jpg

I laughed at the 30 speeds on this new bike, I don't need a triple geared that low I thought. Well, I hit my first big climb on my first ride and before long I was think'n, Holy Shit, is this as low as it goes:lol3

Guess I will be hanging around this thread now, hey a reason to be in JM:freaky



welcome back to the cranks Rad, now post some old race pics.

Good luck w the new rig, I wish I had a triple sometimes.

Lewy 07-13-2008 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus
The cool light set up here in Denver is to take a Knog Frog and wrap it around your hub. The light is pretty bright and reflects off of your spokes..


RW

I am doing that for sure.

Thanks for the tip

Mr Head 07-13-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad
Long before motorcycles I was in love with Bicycles.

I raced USCF crits and roads on one of these criterium Frames with full Campy record. The frame had won the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
http://rad.smugmug.com/photos/330570682_RjnSP-L.jpg

Well, that was 30 yrs ago and 30 lbs ago:lol3

I had a Mocba 80 as well.

http://mr-head.smugmug.com/photos/119566207_56PaA-L.jpg

Back when men found the gears by friction and feel, and pedals had leather!:lol3

It got parked in the garage door, and turned into a Pinnarello Team bike.... That was only 40 pounds ago...
I just upgraded the front gears and crankset to modern spec on my mountain bike. Wow!

GotMojo? 07-13-2008 11:26 AM

My new commuter bike... its faster than my Civic.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ar_tt_bike.jpg

yater 07-13-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotMojo?
My new commuter bike... its faster than my Civic.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ar_tt_bike.jpg

Those wheels alone cost more than a civic...nice.

Spicy McHaggis 07-13-2008 12:42 PM

What say you all about the Kona Jake as a light-duty trail rider (not tight/technical singletrack) and commuter?


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015