ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 08-19-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
did you get the DA?

Yeah, and its already installed on Stick Me's Ocshner. :nod

Mo bettah since she can shift into the little cog again. :nod

:ricky

M

volbeat22 08-19-2008 01:40 PM

AVID Juicy 7s

Anyone interested in a F/R set of Avid Juicy 7s?

They have three rides on them.

Levers, cables, calipers and pads (no rotors).

I can send a pic to anyone interested.

Mike

skibum69 08-19-2008 06:52 PM

I'd sell my Avid's too-Hope or nothing!:D

Howler 08-19-2008 07:10 PM

New Bike

I've been collecting parts and talking to guys at the local bike shop to fix up my old GT. I started looking at the fixed gear bikes and single speeds while there. I used to ride mountain bikes all the time on the trails around here but after taking a trip to Moab and Colorado it wasn't as much fun back home on the same trails. I got into road bikes next and still ride those but started exploring on the old mountain bike.

Now I enjoy taking off from my house and just exploring rather than having a predetermined route. I live about five miles from downtown and it's fun to ride down there on the weekends as there is very little traffic. Dallas is pretty flat so I thought it would make it a little more challenging to ride a single speed and might be fun.

Anyways, they had one of these Specialized Centrums on sale cheap and I bought it. I've only ridden it a few times so far but it's fun. There is a lot more pedaling involved with a single speed! :D It's just a basic no frills bike that I can hop on and go exploring with.

[IMG]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...26/photo-2.jpg[/IMG]

It should hold me over till I can save up for a Stumpjumper and get back into mountain biking. I'm ready for another long ride this weekend!
[IMG]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...26/photo-3.jpg[/IMG]

Uncle Pollo 08-19-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
:nod

Underrate bikes. I've sold a few. Their carbon race bikes are nicer tho...

M

i picked out mine for 500 dollars on craigslist ... 2007 model with krysomething or another wheels

bouldergeek 08-19-2008 08:47 PM

My Serotta Nove gives me wood.

Campagnolo = Copulation
Shimano = Capitulation

Now 10 months since I've ridden a road bike. But only two hours since I've walked across the -130F (windchill) Antarctic plateau. :eek1 :huh

Askel 08-20-2008 11:23 AM

2009 Konas are up on the webpage. And unless they decide to raise their prices later, looks like all the gloom and doom about bike prices might have been wrong.

Some neat looking new road bikes in the sub $1K category. I really like the new Dew Drop.

skwidd 08-20-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouldergeek
My Serotta Nove gives me wood.

Campagnolo = Copulation
Shimano = Capitulation

Now 10 months since I've ridden a road bike. But only two hours since I've walked across the -130F (windchill) Antarctic plateau. :eek1 :huh

I dunno about the wood, but I'm quite pleased with my Campy equipped Nove as well.

skibum69 08-20-2008 11:44 AM

I totally dog the Campy Record 10 on my Litespeed Palmerés:D

yater 08-20-2008 12:54 PM

The shimano STI is the best designed shifter by far. I could never get used to the campy thumb button. That said, sram red will probably be my next group. I think I could get used to the double tap and the whole group goes for ~$1200 NIB on ebay. The new dura ace retails for $2600!

GnarlyKarle 08-20-2008 01:03 PM

Hey Gang how's it going?

I just had the pleasure of picking this up...

http://icimoto.smugmug.com/photos/35...6_fggfL-XL.jpg

So that means my old frame is now for sale, check it out here.
Frame

I also have a new pair of LOOK mtb pedals for sale as well.
Pedals

Take care.

:freaky :freaky

-dk

Gummee! 08-20-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yater
The shimano STI is the best designed shifter by far. I could never get used to the campy thumb button. That said, sram red will probably be my next group. I think I could get used to the double tap and the whole group goes for ~$1200 NIB on ebay. The new dura ace retails for $2600!

Just bought D/A STI and ft and rr brakes. Add a chain and a coupla pairs of brake shoes, and I'm into the shop for over $600 at WHOLESALE prices. :eek1

That don't include the rest of the stuff that I have on my Crosshairs that's about to get pulled onto the Fetish that I inherited! :eek2

DAMN! Even on the cheep, this is a spendy thing to do!

M

Askel 08-20-2008 01:30 PM

Dammit.

Had a flat last night.

That wasn't the worst part. It would appear that all the drive side eyelets on the rear wheel are cracked. (Bontrager Select 24 spoke wheel.)

I'll probably take a stab at getting them replaced under warranty as the Bontrager stuff is supposed to be covered for 5 years. I've never been super happy with these wheels though, so I wouldn't mind an excuse to upgrade.

I'm a big guy and really stomp on the pedals, but I do enjoy the benefits of a lighter wheelset. Oh yeah, this race season as left me pretty much cleaned out, so I'm kind of looking for the holy trifecta of light, strong and cheap. I'd also like a pony... :D

Any ideas of things to look at?

The Neuvation M28 Aero has caught my eye. Guy claims they'll handle a 250lb. rider no problem and it's only $133 for a rear.

There's always the old standby 32 spoke Open Pro/Ultegra setup that a lot of people swear by.

yater 08-20-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel
Dammit.

It would appear that all the drive side eyelets on the rear wheel are cracked. (Bontrager Select 24 spoke wheel.)

That happens to me at the starts of most of my races. I just have a crew stand by about 100 yards from the line so I can swap out my rear wheel...and somtimes my bent crank. Just don't touch that hub while it's still smokin'. :lol3

Dranrab Luap 08-20-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel
Dammit.

Had a flat last night.

That wasn't the worst part. It would appear that all the drive side eyelets on the rear wheel are cracked. (Bontrager Select 24 spoke wheel.)

I'll probably take a stab at getting them replaced under warranty as the Bontrager stuff is supposed to be covered for 5 years. I've never been super happy with these wheels though, so I wouldn't mind an excuse to upgrade.

I'm a big guy and really stomp on the pedals, but I do enjoy the benefits of a lighter wheelset. Oh yeah, this race season as left me pretty much cleaned out, so I'm kind of looking for the holy trifecta of light, strong and cheap. I'd also like a pony... :D

Any ideas of things to look at?

The Neuvation M28 Aero has caught my eye. Guy claims they'll handle a 250lb. rider no problem and it's only $133 for a rear.

There's always the old standby 32 spoke Open Pro/Ultegra setup that a lot of people swear by.

Is that the paired spoke configuration? I have them and haven't had any problems, but they have a bit of a reputation for being a flawed design.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:41 AM.