ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 10-17-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewy
Have not posted here for while. The winter slackness hit for a month or 2.

Did 45kms on the fixie this morning. I need to get fitness back badly.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...orningride.jpg

Flying Spaghetti Monster?

:confused

M

skibum69 10-18-2008 05:50 AM

geek off:D

Zodiac 10-20-2008 03:13 PM

Went for my first rides this wknd in 5 weeks; moving, working and commuting has been putting a big crimp in my riding.

Did a 33 miler on Friday and another one on Sunday, winter's definitely here, gusts both days at 20 mph, and in the high 40's temps.

Felt great though.

Mercury264 10-20-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
Went for my first rides this wknd in 5 weeks; moving, working and commuting has been putting a big crimp in my riding.

Did a 33 miler on Friday and another one on Sunday, winter's definitely here, gusts both days at 20 mph, and in the high 40's temps.

Felt great though.

Please you were finally able to get out Perry. I have to say I have no inclination to get out in this cold - I just hate riding in the cold, it plays havoc with my lungs.

It doesn't help I have had a bloody cold for 2 weeks now.

Time to set the rollers up in my poch I think.

Zodiac 10-20-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
Please you were finally able to get out Perry. I have to say I have no inclination to get out in this cold - I just hate riding in the cold, it plays havoc with my lungs.

It doesn't help I have had a bloody cold for 2 weeks now.

Time to set the rollers up in my poch I think.

I have had a cold too for the last week, that's why I skipped last wknd. I always bundle up though, as I'm always cold on the bike. Wind stopping Craft underwear is your friend........:lol3

Mercury264 10-20-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
I have had a cold too for the last week, that's why I skipped last wknd. I always bundle up though, as I'm always cold on the bike. Wind stopping Craft underwear is your friend........:lol3

It's not the body being cold that I mind - I did ride all day Saturday on the XR starting real early and it was bloody freezing, it's the breathing in of the freezing cold air that I really dislike.

Of course, it could be I'm a wimp.....:D

RichBeBe 10-20-2008 04:53 PM

I love riding in the cold until a certain point. Once my nose feels like the inside is freezing I dislike it. That said the winds were killer on Sat. Only rode into the city (maybe 8 miles) and the wind was making it tough.

That coupled with the fact that my new "friend" is a better rider than I am and I get to chase her. Yeah that is why I was sucking wind and slow:evil Though I so have to say that my view is better:wink:

Javarilla 10-20-2008 05:07 PM

I can't fill a water bottle in 3:05 minutes.

InfoManiac 10-20-2008 05:13 PM

I got out Saturday and put 23 miles on my fixie in around 2.5 hours. I'm way out of shape, but really didn't feel too bad after that ride. :D

MountainMan 10-20-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKnowledge
I got out Saturday and put 23 miles on my fixie in around 2.5 hours. I'm way out of shape, but really didn't feel too bad after that ride. :D

Better your knees than mine.
Oof.

Robert_C 10-20-2008 06:06 PM

Seeing as bikeforums.net is currently blocked here in China (no idea as to why), I will ask my bicycle health related question here.

On long rides I have a problem with my perineum tearing on long rides, this leads to, rather obviously, pain and blood in my shorts. Yes, I know that they make "special bandages" for that area, I do not need to hear it.

This was one of the reasons that my attempted ride to Shanghai didn't go as well as I had hopped. This weekend I rode about 60mi at a good pace and the problem resurfaced. I have tried seat adjustment and I do wear padded riding shorts. At home I ride my recumbent more, it is slower but it puts the pressure on my but instead of the perineum.

Any suggestions?

kv 10-21-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_C

Any suggestions?

Are you using any sort of anti-chafing cream?

http://www.cyclepath.ca/products/usr...ois-butter.jpg

:dunno

Gummee! 10-21-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Seeing as bikeforums.net is currently blocked here in China (no idea as to why), I will ask my bicycle health related question here.

On long rides I have a problem with my perineum tearing on long rides, this leads to, rather obviously, pain and blood in my shorts. Yes, I know that they make "special bandages" for that area, I do not need to hear it.

This was one of the reasons that my attempted ride to Shanghai didn't go as well as I had hopped. This weekend I rode about 60mi at a good pace and the problem resurfaced. I have tried seat adjustment and I do wear padded riding shorts. At home I ride my recumbent more, it is slower but it puts the pressure on my but instead of the perineum.

Any suggestions?

What specifically are you riding? What saddle? What shorts?

Chafing's 'normal' but tearing's not. Are there GOOD bike shops in the area that can fit you? First impression sez something's NOT right in saddle-land. :nono

M

Dranrab Luap 10-21-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Any suggestions?

Let me remind you that this is Jo Momma. To that end, let me ask you if you engage in any other activities that might predispose you to tears of the perineum?

Cat0020 10-21-2008 09:24 AM

I feel like I've said this before.. I wear two pairs of shorts when I ride my diamond frame bicycle.. double up the padding... nothing is more important than the comfort of my toosh.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:08 AM.