ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Silver King 01-16-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorIt
all this talk about fixies... you better make sure you have enough street cred to go out on one. Luckily enough, you can get it on ebay these days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:EF:US:1123

(read the questions/answers, hilarious!)

That is awesome!!! :rofl I could definitely use some street cred.

AKDuc 01-16-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouldergeek
I've just had the most extreme and intense times on two wheels that I can remember.

I recently returned to Boulder, and some racers built up an indoor 142-meter velodrome, which openend two weekends ago.

I've been doing one-hour race clinics on the track, riding pacelines and sprinting on a 45-degree 'drome. It's friggin' hairball! I'm scared to my core trying to hold a line at full tilt in the corners. And loving every second of it.

Going back tonight for my second hit this week. Nothing has had this kind of impact on me. Since it is 55F out and sunny right now, I'm going to take my Serotta out to loosen up a bit before the track. It's like legal crack, I swear.

Too cool! Sounds like a LOT of fun!!

Mark H.

gambrinus 01-16-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

I've just had the most extreme and intense times on two wheels that I can remember.

I recently returned to Boulder, and some racers built up an indoor 142-meter velodrome, which openend two weekends ago.

I've been doing one-hour race clinics on the track, riding pacelines and sprinting on a 45-degree 'drome. It's friggin' hairball! I'm scared to my core trying to hold a line at full tilt in the corners. And loving every second of it.

Going back tonight for my second hit this week. Nothing has had this kind of impact on me. Since it is 55F out and sunny right now, I'm going to take my Serotta out to loosen up a bit before the track. It's like legal crack, I swear.

That makes at least THREE AdvRiders that are hitting the Boulder Velodrome... you, me and "PlayzInMud"

RW

ADVCoop 01-16-2009 07:04 PM

This is my '01 Kona Hahanna. The only difference now is it has street tires on it. I also have some rigid forks but I haven't installed them yet. I don't have any trails close so I ride mostly street with it. My back is too bad to ride a full road bike so the more upright of this bike works well.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...les/Kona-3.jpg

flip18436572 01-16-2009 07:51 PM

Am I the only tall guy in the bicycle thread?????

These bike pictures look to have "tiny" frames. :D :D :D

Seriously though, it looks like you have a nice Kona and have fun with it.

ADVCoop 01-17-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
Am I the only tall guy in the bicycle thread?????

These bike pictures look to have "tiny" frames. :D :D :D

Seriously though, it looks like you have a nice Kona and have fun with it.

I'm not tall, but I am 5'11". That is a 17" frame. I bought it used and that's why the seat is so high, lol.

flip18436572 01-17-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADVCoop
I'm not tall, but I am 5'11". That is a 17" frame. I bought it used and that's why the seat is so high, lol.

I am only 6'3", so not too tall, but that picture makes the bike frame look small. Maybe it is the angle of the picture or the trailer behind it, or probably just me.

I need to take some pictures, and post them up at some point. I like seeing everyone's bikes. Maybe we should start a bicycle "picture only" thread here. :D

Zodiac 01-17-2009 06:41 AM

5'9" here and shrinking...:evil

-damn anyone else being held up by weather, haven't ridden since around Christmas! weather here has been all ice for weeks now.

I gotta set up my rollers (or sell em:evil )

RichBeBe 01-17-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry

-damn anyone else being held up by weather, haven't ridden since around Christmas! weather here has been all ice for weeks now.

Grow a pair :evil
I rode my mountain bike last Saturday in the snow. Then rode my CX bike on Mon and Thurs. Also rode to work yesterday it was a cold mile. Plan on riding tomorrow if I am not too hungover tomorrow.
See you tonight?:freaky

Zodiac 01-17-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichBeBe
Grow a pair :evil
I rode my mountain bike last Saturday in the snow. Then rode my CX bike on Mon and Thurs. Also rode to work yesterday it was a cold mile. Plan on riding tomorrow if I am not too hungover tomorrow.
See you tonight?:freaky

-believe it or not there's alot more snow and ice up here near the GWB then I saw in the city/LI recentley.

I still have road tires on my CX, maybe I'll just swap em, but I hate riding asphalt w CX tires. Feels like I'm going backwards..

see ya tonight - (what time is it again anyway? I'm not doing the chromosexual retard show at Javits this year.....:evil )

Signal 01-17-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

I still have road tires on my CX, maybe I'll just swap em, but I hate riding asphalt w CX tires.

Go find a pair of Richey's....fine file/diamond tread center, more aggressive sides....about $50pr....

Also wonderful on hardpack & grass

flip18436572 01-17-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Rollers, rollers, and rollers. Ice, snow on ice, ice, and then more snow. I am getting my mountain bike close, and then I can hopefully start riding to work at least.

playzNmud 01-17-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

pssst... it's only 43-degree.. :lol3 :lol3... .we need a cycling smilie now

playzNmud 01-17-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorIt
all this talk about fixies... you better make sure you have enough street cred to go out on one. Luckily enough, you can get it on ebay these days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:EF:US:1123

(read the questions/answers, hilarious!)

absolutely hysterical!! He actually has 6 bids too -

pirahna 01-17-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playzNmud
pssst... it's only 43-degree.. :lol3 :lol3... .we need a cycling smilie now

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...ilies/1569.gif

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:15 PM.