ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Elburrito 01-21-2009 05:35 AM

1999/2000 GT Titanium.
http://bar2bar.smugmug.com/photos/45...8_eibXG-X2.jpg

AzB 01-21-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar2Bar

That is quite beautiful. I think it may be a little to small for you. That stem hurts the eyes.

Az

gambrinus 01-21-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpion
I finally gone and done it!

http://www.vallihi.com/photo.jpg

Rode to work this AM and then to lunch, about 15 miles so far.
My legs are WORKED!

weird new ride, the jury is still out.

Old Schwinn frame?

flip18436572 01-21-2009 04:35 PM

I saw an Independent Fabrications bike at one of the LBS's in Omaha. They look well build, but way out of my price range.

Your bike looks just the same. I hope you have fun with it.

Gummee! 01-21-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
I saw an Independent Fabrications bike at one of the LBS's in Omaha. They look well build, but way out of my price range.

Your bike looks just the same. I hope you have fun with it.

If you think Indy Fabs are spendy, try pricing out a Seven!

:eek1

M

Elburrito 01-21-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzB
That is quite beautiful. I think it may be a little to small for you. That stem hurts the eyes.

Az

Yah, that part is kinda ugly, the bike is a perfect fit, I got the forks for free and there just wasn't enough rise left to have a normal stem so I got this one as a substitute.

....that said, it's a sweet ride

Javarilla 01-21-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorIt
that's gotta be the weirdest triple I've ever seen - or is that the latest trend, two tiny rings and one massive pie plate? :dunno

Dude, when you weigh 275, live in a city of hills, are pushing fifty and have busted your knee more times than you can count, you do what you gotta do.

I basically threw money at my favorite bike guys and told them I had to be able to diesel up Dravus.

If you've seen Dravus, you'd understand.

Javarilla 01-21-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
I saw an Independent Fabrications bike at one of the LBS's in Omaha. They look well build, but way out of my price range.

Your bike looks just the same. I hope you have fun with it.

I have a number of bikes, but the ride and component quality on this exceeds anything I've ever ridden.

It's in a realm by itself. It's hard to call something this smooth and connected a bicycle.

I can't recommend a custom fitted bike from IF heartily enough.

gambrinus 01-21-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip18436572
I saw an Independent Fabrications bike at one of the LBS's in Omaha. They look well build, but way out of my price range.

Your bike looks just the same. I hope you have fun with it.

I.F. stuff is sweeeeet but spendy. For about 1/4 of the price you can get a ride that is actually pretty close with a Gunnar... Think Waterford without the lugs. Made in the USA, and for $800 it is one of the best deals out there for a nice steel frame without breaking the bank.

RW

RocketJohn 01-21-2009 06:21 PM

what's the best cruiser that's not 150lbs? y'know for cruisin' around the neighborhood or pedalin a mile up to the store... My Mountain bike is way overkill for that...

EphTwoEight 01-21-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
what's the best cruiser that's not 150lbs? y'know for cruisin' around the neighborhood or pedalin a mile up to the store... My Mountain bike is way overkill for that...

Guarandamnteeya THIS will be 100% more fun than any other bike you could get. And He's got them under $300 on eBay.

InfoManiac 01-21-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EphTwoEight
Guarandamnteeya THIS will be 100% more fun than any other bike you could get. And He's got them under $300 on eBay.


:nod


Neighbor up the street has one. Those things are a hoot!

ErrinV 01-21-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus
Old Schwinn frame?


Salsa Casserole?

ErrinV 01-21-2009 07:48 PM

Here's my fender'd ride.

http://errinv.smugmug.com/photos/391168019_R2HEe-L.jpg

Gummee! 01-21-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus
I.F. stuff is sweeeeet but spendy. For about 1/4 of the price you can get a ride that is actually pretty close with a Gunnar... Think Waterford without the lugs. Made in the USA, and for $800 it is one of the best deals out there for a nice steel frame without breaking the bank.

RW

I'll confirm that Gunnar makes some sweet bikes. I really like my Crosshairs!

:ricky

M


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014