ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 08-31-2006 12:42 PM

Depending on how they're sized, I'm in for a 4 or 5.

Was watching the Tour du Pont a while back and overheard LA answering the q: what size jersey? Size 3. Even back then, I was a healthy 4... NO FUCKING WONDER he flew up the Mountain Lake stage!

As a note on the same line: watching the pros ride over the same roads I'd been on is humbling. They fucking FLY uphill! OMFG. Even the sprinters can climb! :baldy No wonder...

M

AnnieGS 08-31-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!

Was watching the Tour du Pont a while back and overheard LA answering the q: what size jersey? Size 3. Even back then, I was a healthy 4... NO FUCKING WONDER he flew up the Mountain Lake stage!

As a note on the same line: watching the pros ride over the same roads I'd been on is humbling. They fucking FLY uphill! OMFG. Even the sprinters can climb! :baldy No wonder...

M

LA really wears a 4, but the 3 shaved off 35 grams. :lol3

Photog 08-31-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!

M

Yeah. And the bastids are sometimes TALKING to one another. Occasionally I'll see some guys climbing while breathing through their nose. :baldy

I think it's really, really cool to be able to ride the NC mountains where LA trained. Nothing really put the prowess of those riders in perspective like trying to grind up the foothills and into the mountains.

:bow

Gummee! 08-31-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photog
Yeah. And the bastids are sometimes TALKING to one another. Occasionally I'll see some guys climbing while breathing through their nose. :baldy

I think it's really, really cool to be able to ride the NC mountains where LA trained. Nothing really put the prowess of those riders in perspective like trying to grind up the foothills and into the mountains.

:bow

I know I've told this story, but the New Year's ride in Sandy Eggo is a BIG thing. Axel Merckx shows up. Nice guy. Rode next to him a while coming back to the coast on the 70mi loop. Didn't wanna be the Cat4 wanker that took him down and ruined his season...

Riding in Sandy Eggo is sorta 'ho hum. There's ANOther pro whatevertheyare.' There's some real :asshat s but on the whole, the pros are the coolest guys you'll ride with.

M

elchulopadre 08-31-2006 01:40 PM

ADV Cranky jerseys? :clap

Sign me up for an XL.

I've decided that as soon as I can climb the Miami Mountain at a decent speed (ie not for quite a while) I'll try a fixie. On an unrelated note, today there was a breeze running in the direction of the bridge. Sucked, especially climbing with a headwind... but on my way back, going downhill with a tailwind, I hit 41 mph. Wheeeee!

Pete™ 08-31-2006 01:43 PM

Sign me up for an XL. and maybe an XXL to get me started.

Gummee! 08-31-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elchulopadre
ADV Cranky jerseys? :clap

Sign me up for an XL.

I've decided that as soon as I can climb the Miami Mountain at a decent speed (ie not for quite a while) I'll try a fixie. On an unrelated note, today there was a breeze running in the direction of the bridge. Sucked, especially climbing with a headwind... but on my way back, going downhill with a tailwind, I hit 41 mph. Wheeeee!

Climbing with a tailwind is worse. Too farging hot...

M

2whlrcr 08-31-2006 04:54 PM

I'll take a L, as long as their not over fifty bucks. I'm cheap.

Photog 08-31-2006 04:57 PM

Okay, guys...we're cool. :thumb

I told the braintrust that this is just a limited-run cost-recovery thing for the inmates...so we're good to go with the oval ADV logo or whatever.

Design away. :clap

Oh, yeah, I'll take two--one for me and SWMBO. I'll have to go look at sizing. :umph

Chacifer 08-31-2006 05:02 PM

I'm in for at least one, maybe two.

skwidd 08-31-2006 05:41 PM

woot!

artwork?

setup thread in the flea market?

going to attempt the 70-mile loop this weekend unless the holiday traffic around the lake makes it unsafe.

thencamebronson 08-31-2006 05:47 PM

I want one. Really don't need the FYYFF on there though.

Bender 08-31-2006 06:08 PM

I'm in for an Xl or two.

transalpian 08-31-2006 06:26 PM

I'm in for one in super-mondo size (48"-50" chest). We're talking yellow with the oval adv logo?

SofaKing 09-01-2006 08:07 AM

Anyone able to locate the artwork, or even on-line pictures of the ADV oval and the ADV compass? I may be able to have my gf mock up some thumbnails, she's a graphic artists ya'know.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:53 AM.