ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 06-02-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thencamebronson
Being kinda new to SoCal and wanting to get the real answer and not the MTBR trail review, what are some of the best singletrack trails around. Since I am in beautiful Ft Irwin, Big Bear is about the closest but I am not opposed to going all the way to the coast.

So, what's you favorite?

Talk to (IIRC) Riceless for MC trails... I :dunno about bicycling trails. Big Bear is great for both. :nod

M

sixer 06-02-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thencamebronson
Being kinda new to SoCal and wanting to get the real answer and not the MTBR trail review, what are some of the best singletrack trails around. Since I am in beautiful Ft Irwin, Big Bear is about the closest but I am not opposed to going all the way to the coast.

So, what's you favorite?

Check out http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/

Mr Head 06-03-2009 07:38 AM

Phinney Wins Paris Roubaix

Boulder Daily Camera
:clap
Very cool to see the children of people I knew back-in-the-day, (when they were kids:lol3 ) come good.
I saw an interview once of him and he sounded much like his mom and dad, very down to earth and together.

VespaFitz 06-03-2009 11:08 AM

So I noted on my little odometer thing that I've ridden 300 miles in the last six weeks.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you Lance Armstrong types do 300 miles on your day off. Whatever.

I've ridden 300 miles on a crappy 15 year old mountian bike in plaid shorts and Chuck Taylors.

So screw you.

Mercury264 06-03-2009 11:28 AM

Pics, we need pics :deal

Zodiac 06-03-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VespaFitz
on a crappy 15 year old mountian bike in plaid shorts and Chuck Taylors.

For that I commend you.

exoff-roadgoat 06-03-2009 12:03 PM

This is a motorcycle fourm right? I'm loading up the Trek Fuel on the back of the Pacific Coast for a little bike and bike adventure in Northern Michigan the next few days. Anyone want'a ride along. MsLiz? I hope the skeeters aint too bad.:D

Bimble 06-03-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

So screw you.

you earned that for sure.

:thumb

Bimble 06-03-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat
This is a motorcycle fourm right? ...

It all started with someone stuffing a motor in a bicycle. :clap

Askel 06-03-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat
This is a motorcycle fourm right? I'm loading up the Trek Fuel on the back of the Pacific Coast for a little bike and bike adventure in Northern Michigan the next few days. Anyone want'a ride along. MsLiz? I hope the skeeters aint too bad.:D

Northern northern MI, or northern southern MI? :ear

Gummee! 06-03-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

So I noted on my little odometer thing that I've ridden 300 miles in the last six weeks.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you Lance Armstrong types do 300 miles on your day off. Whatever.

I've ridden 300 miles on a crappy 15 year old mountian bike in plaid shorts and Chuck Taylors.

So screw you.

You got the wrong impression of us. If yer doing 50mi/week on that, yer a MUCH better man than the rest of us. :bow No shorts, no clipless pedals and shoes, no road bike (efficient), etc.

Nope. My hat's off to ya.

Now, if you'd go to PBS and get ye some bicycle shorts to go under the plaid jobbies, and maybe some pedals and cleats, THEN we'd :razor

M

Mr Head 06-03-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
Pics, we need pics :deal

No!

No pictures of the plaid shorts.
:rofl

old mountain bike sure...:clap

Bimble 06-03-2009 05:12 PM

Instant replay...

http://bimble.smugmug.com/photos/554137744_oc4jF-L.jpg

So screw you.

exoff-roadgoat 06-03-2009 06:06 PM

Northern Lower. Pigeon River

VespaFitz 06-05-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
You got the wrong impression of us. If yer doing 50mi/week on that, yer a MUCH better man than the rest of us. :bow No shorts, no clipless pedals and shoes, no road bike (efficient), etc.

Nope. My hat's off to ya.

Now, if you'd go to PBS and get ye some bicycle shorts to go under the plaid jobbies, and maybe some pedals and cleats, THEN we'd :razor

M

I'm teasing you guys. :lol3

This thread is a must-see for me every day.

With new kids and big girls to drop off at school, I haven't been riding to work the way I was last year, but I do try to at least go out for a 10+ mile ride at lunch, at least four days a week.

It's all hills around here. Yesterday was a tough one, but it was a beautiful ride. I'd sure like another bike, but I just can't afford it right now, and I've certainly made good use of the bike I have.

Katie's out of school now, so I may start riding back and forth a couple of days a week again, too.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:58 PM.