ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 08-20-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewy
Hey guys, been awhile since I have visited this thread.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this Sette Razzo 29er Frame and dealing with price point?

Thinking about going geared 29er after having my monocog 29er for the past 3 years.

I've bought a few things from PP. Nothing but good things to say about em.

The Sette line is prolly made right alongside the more famous names in that factory in Taiwan. :nod Ride the snot out of it!

M

Lewy 08-21-2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
I've bought a few things from PP. Nothing but good things to say about em.

The Sette line is prolly made right alongside the more famous names in that factory in Taiwan. :nod Ride the snot out of it!

M

Thanks

I think I will go that way. And slowly build myself a geared 29er with some Reba's.

I was reading a magazine article about that factory in Taiwan, apparently if you go there you must sign a form saying you wont say what frames you saw being made:D

Gummee! 08-21-2009 09:01 AM

If yer in Oz, I'd bet there's a local brand that's similar... Less shipping/hassle.

:dunno

M

Lewy 08-21-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
If yer in Oz, I'd bet there's a local brand that's similar... Less shipping/hassle.

:dunno

M

I just got an email about the shipping costs and they want $239 so I suppose I can look here for a frame around the $500Aus.

Only thing is that 29ers are very rare here. Unless I get a full custom frame but I will have to spend more than getting a complete new bike.

Gummee! 08-21-2009 03:49 PM

Performance Bikes has their 29er frame for $110. Maybe they don't charge as much shipping?

You may also have someone you know here order one an ship privately. :dunno whether it'd be cheeper but its worth lookin into.

HTH

M

Quote:

I just got an email about the shipping costs and they want $239 so I suppose I can look here for a frame around the $500Aus.

Only thing is that 29ers are very rare here. Unless I get a full custom frame but I will have to spend more than getting a complete new bike.

pierce 08-21-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knary
someone doesn't understand the purpose of :deal

the railroads sure did. :augie

flip18436572 08-22-2009 04:55 AM

Does anyone here belong to the Rails to Trails organization or donate every year to the funding for the program?

DoctorIt 08-22-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

I bought a Redline Monocog from my LBS in Brisbane last year. Yes inventory is a bit less than in the States, but look around, it's not that bad.

Also check out Kona, I know they import a fair bit to Oz. Between those two brands, there MUST be a shop with a 29'er for you in NSW.

dolomoto 08-22-2009 02:08 PM

Got in 80 miles this morning. Rode 10 miles to the meeting point and then about 80 of us departed on the ride. Rode a few miles, stopped and broke up into smaller groups for the rest of the 40 mile group ride.

I got caught up in a breakaway and then dropped after about 15 miles. Riding by myself is not bad, would've like a few more riders when I was on the shoulder of the 4 lane though.

I was rather enjoying the big group as I traded the view of some hairy-assed male rider with the view of a rather attractive lady rider wearing a thong under her bicycle shorts (hey, we all have our own motivations!).

Anyway, rode 10 miles to the ride, then 44 miles with the group and then to Hunter AAF for and extra lap and then home.

80 miles in 4h7min of riding.

Most miles in one day to date. Got a Century in 2 weeks!

ImaPoser 08-22-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolomoto
Got in 80 miles this morning. Rode 10 miles to the meeting point and then about 80 of us departed on the ride. Rode a few miles, stopped and broke up into smaller groups for the rest of the 40 mile group ride.

I got caught up in a breakaway and then dropped after about 15 miles. Riding by myself is not bad, would've like a few more riders when I was on the shoulder of the 4 lane though.

I was rather enjoying the big group as I traded the view of some hairy-assed male rider with the view of a rather attractive lady rider wearing a thong under her bicycle shorts (hey, we all have our own motivations!).

Anyway, rode 10 miles to the ride, then 44 miles with the group and then to Hunter AAF for and extra lap and then home.

80 miles in 4h7min of riding.

Most miles in one day to date. Got a Century in 2 weeks!

Sounds like a good ride. Did my first 50 mile ride last Sat., doing 65 tomorrow morning. I had counted on working up to a 100 mile charity ride next year, but I think I'll do one solo here in the next few weeks.
I finally got around to mapping out my typical week night ride. I call this my "hills" ride since it takes on most of the hills in the area. I was seriously disappointed to see how little I actually climb. :bluduh
http://holton.smugmug.com/photos/627170377_b4fdQ-L.jpg

dolomoto 08-22-2009 07:17 PM

"Hills" in Savannah mean 30' elevation. I am a flatlander. One day, I'll bring my game to the level of riding in some real elevation.

Oznerol 08-22-2009 07:19 PM

Oh, the humidity!

Did 2 laps on the local trail this afternoon. Afterwards my shirt was no less saturated than if I'd jumped in a lake.

Mercury264 08-22-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oznerol
Did 2 laps on the local trail this afternoon. Afterwards my shirt was no less saturated than if I'd jumped in a lake.

Like an idiot I rode 25 miles on Tuesday morning. I wanted to leave by 8 but turned out to be more like 9:30. My doG I have never come as close to passing out on a ride :huh

Where's the cold weather we had earlier in the summer :D

flip18436572 08-22-2009 07:49 PM

The wife and I did the downtown Omaha Pedestrian/Bicycle bridge and the surrounding trails. Too bad they dead end about 2 miles away and you just have to turn around. I know there are more proposed trails, but I thought some of those were supposed to be done in 2008, and there isn't even work on them in 2009.

Great trails too many people stopping on the bridge without warning.

Oznerol 08-22-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury264
Where's the cold weather we had earlier in the summer :D

Yeah, the heat's rough, but I'd rather have heat and clear skies than cool temps and the steady rain and perpetual overcast we had through most of June.

I've really gotta get better about hydrating well before the ride, though, rather than during. I sucked a ton of water out of my camelbak today and ended up with awful side stitches from bouncing over roots and rocks with a full belly.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:04 AM.