ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Askel 12-16-2009 08:09 AM

Knock it off with Pugsley talk already.

I got enough temptation in my life. :lol3

Wrong size, but that's still $600 worth of wheels and tires. The frame's the cheap part. And it seems there's some kind of Large Marge shortage right now too.

RogueClimber 12-16-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javarilla

NOTHING hoovers up goat heads like Pugsley rubber...

Ride it down the same trail twice and everyone else will be able to ride puncture free for WEEKS! :lol3

There have been days I would have paid a Pugsley to ride ahead of me...

Slime can only do so much when you hit double digit goatheads in each tire :deal

skibum69 12-16-2009 03:14 PM

I rode one the first year they came out at Interbike. Pretty fun, I already have 2 Surly's and would buy more

Flaco 12-17-2009 09:13 AM

CX Nats Hangover

This is a pretty funny ebay listing

Javarilla 12-17-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaco

Askel? :lol3

Askel 12-17-2009 01:10 PM

Like I'd even have $17,000 worth of *motorcycles*. :lol3

skibum69 12-17-2009 04:10 PM

my ex and I had 3 bicycles insured for $50K?

k7 12-20-2009 07:48 AM

You guys really do suck.

If I had stayed out of this thread...if you guys hadn't confirmed the capability of the Fargo, I wouldn't be ordering one in the next few days. :flip

Looks like I'll be back on two wheels shortly. :evil

Gummee! 12-20-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7
If I had stayed out of this thread...if you guys hadn't confirmed the capability of the Fargo, I wouldn't be ordering one in the next few days. :flip

Congrats!

:razor

M

Javarilla 12-20-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7

Sucker! :lol3

Ken 12-20-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7

I love the Fargo and I've never seen one before. I want one :nod

I have too many bikes now.

I want one.

No.

I need one.

How much are they??

I really like them!

Edit. I checked. I'd figure somewhat over 2k to trick it out.

I really like the bike!

Askel 12-21-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken
I love the Fargo and I've never seen one before. I want one :nod

I have too many bikes now.

I want one.

I like how even though it's a solid "if I could have only one..." kind of bike, pretty much everybody I know who owns one already has 47 bikes. :lol3

Javarilla 12-21-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel
I like how even though it's a solid "if I could have only one..." kind of bike, pretty much everybody I know who owns one already has 47 bikes. :lol3

:wave

Hey wait...

Swear to god it's the one i ride!

Dranrab Luap 12-21-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richnyc
I'm still shopping for a motorbike. Definitely getting one before March/April 2010;) Have been cycling though some serious distance over the past 5 years: 25,000 miles, at least... So, I can chip in with a comment, or two, about Salsa Fargo bikes.

Fargo simply rocks!!! I mean it!!! I can commute on it, hit some easy dirt and tour on it like a madman. This summer I did a Great Divide MTB ride from Banff and ended up in Salida, CO (Didn't feel like going all the way down to the US border in NM)... Bike was designed for gravel roads, geometry is pretty laid back, no need for a front suspension (that's what 2.0" tires are for), low maintenance!!! It eats miles like crazy!!! I had bunch of bikes, road and MTBs. Sold all my MTBs, still keeping the road bike but since I have bought Fargo, it's been only collecting dust. I might sell it too and put the money into my motorbike fund...

So, if you can only get one bike and you like long (and comfy) rides on less than perfect roads, get the Fargo. You won't be disappointed!!!

I just read the spec sheet on that bike. It looks like a perfect turn-key tourer with one exception. 36 spoke configuration. Most of the hard core tourers I know prefer more. How have yours served you?

Javarilla 12-21-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap
I just read the spec sheet on that bike. It looks like a perfect turn-key tourer with one exception. 36 spoke configuration. Most of the hard core tourers I know prefer more. How have yours served you?

48 Phil Wood's on mine.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:58 AM.