ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Bicycle thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150964)

Gummee! 12-29-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javarilla
Mmmm.

I bet she'd look right tasty strapped to my rack in bike netting! :lol3

AFTER you'd drank her pretty that is!!

:eek1

:razor

M

skibum69 12-29-2009 08:33 AM

mmmmm beer:thumb

Javarilla 12-29-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaleRider
+1

(I've noted that before :nod )

Very nice IF :thumb ... izzat Dan Boxer in the upper photo your in-progress build?

Not sure which photo you were looking at - but if it's the build of the Indy Fab (red bike), that's Matt Telemosse. He's an owner of my LBS, Counterbalance Bikes.

Dan happens to work there, too.

It's a whole shop of bicycling superheroes, designers and artists.

Javarilla 12-29-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummee!
AFTER you'd drank her pretty that is!!

:eek1

:razor

M

I think she's already cute in all the right ways! :thumb

Gummee! 12-29-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

I think she's already cute in all the right ways! :thumb

Its a little early to be hittin the sauce, don'tcha think?!

M

skibum69 12-29-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

M

nope-it's 2 pm here already:lol3

Javarilla 12-29-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

M

I really can't afford to be too picky. :lol3

PaleRider 12-29-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Not sure which photo you were looking at ...

Quote:

Quote:

... but if it's the build of the Indy Fab (red bike), that's Matt Telemosse. He's an owner of my LBS, Counterbalance Bikes.

... the IndyFab is purty :tb ... I was wondering if this (above photo) was your "Dan" work-in-progress?
Quote:

Dan happens to work there, too. It's a whole shop of bicycling superheroes, designers and artists.

... custom bikes are so cool, all the way around. You nailed it: superheroes, designers and artists. :thumb

Gummee! 12-29-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

I really can't afford to be too picky. :lol3

:augie

M

Javarilla 12-29-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaleRider
... the IndyFab is purty :tb ... I was wondering if this (above photo) was your "Dan" work-in-progress? ... custom bikes are so cool, all the way around. You nailed it: superheroes, designers and artists. :thumb

That is Boxer in progress.

But, it's not mine.

We're still sorting mine out. We ride together this weekend then beginning picking design elements.

I'm throwing a bit of a twist at him, because I'm after 700c wheels and discs. He's going to try to meld that into the design to retain the classic look.

From there, it's math to determine the steel loading, then it's off to Dan's workshop for crafting. I hope to take part in every step of the process. :clap

Javarilla 12-29-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

:augie

M

Perky with a smiley kink is the key to my lust locker!

PaleRider 12-29-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

That is Boxer in progress.

But, it's not mine.

We're still sorting mine out. We ride together this weekend then beginning picking design elements.

I'm throwing a bit of a twist at him, because I'm after 700c wheels and discs. He's going to try to meld that into the design to retain the classic look.

From there, it's math to determine the steel loading, then it's off to Dan's workshop for crafting. I hope to take part in every step of the process. :clap

... very nice :thumb ... you should post pics along the way.

MsLizVt 12-29-2009 12:18 PM

Just trying to be helpful ...

Jarvis, KiLeR, Hi!

No matter what, doing a Brevet or series of them is a great experience. That doesn't mean it's any better than any other type of bicycling, just another unique experience which is memorable. To me it's also sort of a private thing. Imagine trying to tell someone that you spent Saturday, Saturday night, and Sunday riding 360 miles straight through. Their eyes glaze over without being able to relate or understand, just before they say you're crazy.

Kiler, your touring background will be key. Knowing how to pace yourself is so important. Most people who ride a lot can go out and do sixty, seventy, or eighty miles. But getting through those mileages without bonking, and riding on through to 125 miles, 190, 250, or 360 miles is dependent on more than just fitness. Eating, drinking, pacing and persevering is what's going to get you to the end.

Most everyone on this thread can speak up about endorphins, sore legs, pain in their feet, knees, butt, back, neck, arms, and head. There's no way around it, somethings going to ache. You gotta push through it. Yeah deal with it if there's a fix, like loosening up the shoes, or stopping and stretching, but get back on the bike.

I know this is unsolicited advice and I probably have more insight if you want it. Although, I'm not an expert, just someone who's been there. Certainly others on here will have great thoughts to share too.

Am I making any sense?

Enjoy,

Liz

MsLizVt 12-29-2009 12:22 PM

More impressive riding ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimble
That sounds like a great goal, Kiler. I just found out about the Dirty Kanza. I'd like to work towards that one.

http://www.heartlandrace.com/index.p...d=19&Itemid=36

Bimble and Askel, Hi!

WOW! Both of your events are AMAZING! I read through the Race Bible for the Dirty Kanza, more WOW! Good luck to you both at each event! I might have missed your mentioning it, but are these the types of events you each normally do?

Ride on!

Liz

MsLizVt 12-29-2009 12:26 PM

Awesome. ..!!

Quote:

I ride an Independent Fabrications Club Racer. ... I've only done 200's on it

http://javarilla.smugmug.com/Other/B...36_xaZTa-M.jpg

Javarilla, Hi!

... only done 200's on it ... You ROCK! Beautiful bike too. I have a soft spot for IF's. Mind if I ask when it was built for you?

Enjoy,

Liz

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:57 AM.