ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Northern Riders SIGN IN! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183099)

ZZR_Ron 11-20-2006 11:15 AM

Northern Riders SIGN IN!
 
If you are from Northern Ontario, Manitoba or even Northern Minnesota,
I'm trying to compile some kind of a list of us, and maybe plan something this spring/early summer?

There's HumVee in Winnipeg, RedRyder in Sioux Lookout, Roscoe in Marathon, Steve in Thunder Bay,(Lurker) HektoGlider in Atikokan,NoFate in Chapleau, just off the top of my head.

So, if you're from Sault Ste Marie and North, Winnipeg and East, or Duluth and parts north, sign in ya lazy bastiges, and lets plan something that involves beer and camping and riding and stuff when the weather gets less miserable!

If you from somewhere else north, and feel left out sign in anyway, I'm just trying figure out who is kinda close.

Hektoglider 11-20-2006 05:38 PM

NWO Adv ride
 
1 Attachment(s)
I agree RonZZR, we should host a ride/event of some kind next season.There are many good routes here,I know I can ride from the U.S. border to Souix Lookout on 75% off road.

ZZR_Ron 11-20-2006 08:23 PM

hell, Hekto, it was your idea, I'm just trying to follow up!!

northern ON rider 11-21-2006 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron
hell, Hekto, it was your idea, I'm just trying to follow up!!

Don't forget me you guys. I'm in kenora, ontario. Was thinking about a get together/ campout for harbourfest weekend here. what do you guys think? You game? Sorry, i know you said spring/early summer, but that's just the best time of the year here for a get together....but anytime is good really. Anyone else got any ideas of where/when?

Cheers from K-town,

N.O.R:freaky

ZZR_Ron 11-21-2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northern ON rider
Don't forget me you guys. I'm in kenora, ontario. Was thinking about a get together/ campout for harbourfest weekend here. what do you guys think? You game? Sorry, i know you said spring/early summer, but that's just the best time of the year here for a get together....but anytime is good really. Anyone else got any ideas of where/when?

Cheers from K-town,

N.O.R:freaky

Oops , sorry to miss out on you, but I couldn't remember your handle.

anyway, we have all winter to plan it.

Gotta go, we're riding up to that plane crash, my friend wants to see it.


Here's a link to it:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142159

RedRyder 11-21-2006 07:27 AM

I'm in:1drink
From on top of Sioux Mountain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...romSony630.jpg

budsboy 11-21-2006 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I live an hour south of the Big Mac Bridge in N Mi.
The trail system here is amazing if anyone is interested.

ZZR_Ron 11-21-2006 02:11 PM

We'll find all the people first, and worry about the when and where later...

at least this way there'll be lots of time for people to plan a few days off at the same time!:freaky

It'll also be interesting to hear about everyone's favourite roads in thier area.

ZZR_Ron 11-21-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northern ON rider
Don't forget me you guys. I'm in kenora, ontario. Was thinking about a get together/ campout for harbourfest weekend here. what do you guys think? You game? Sorry, i know you said spring/early summer, but that's just the best time of the year here for a get together....but anytime is good really. Anyone else got any ideas of where/when?

Cheers from K-town,

N.O.R:freaky

I know it's only one town over, but when is Harbourfest?

EDIT: my apologies for not inviting Alaska riders, but

A) yer too far away

B) you get my driveway all muddy, and don't clean up well,

and C) you gots enough threads of your own. So there!

Swervin 11-22-2006 02:24 AM

I am not from the north anymore, but I did live in Thunder Bay for 7 years before i moved back to southern Ontario. Northern Ontario is sure beutiful and i miss it a lot.
Hopefully next June 2007, I will be taking the lake Superior Circle Tour. First travelling up through Michigan along Lake Hurons west shore, then under Lake Superior to Thunder Bay. Hopefully spending 2 days. Then finishing the ride through the remainder of the north shore.
I believe it will probably take about 6 days.
I already getting anxious.

ZZR_Ron 11-22-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swervin
I am not from the north anymore, but I did live in Thunder Bay for 7 years before i moved back to southern Ontario. Northern Ontario is sure beutiful and i miss it a lot.
Hopefully next June 2007, I will be taking the lake Superior Circle Tour. First travelling up through Michigan along Lake Hurons west shore, then under Lake Superior to Thunder Bay. Hopefully spending 2 days. Then finishing the ride through the remainder of the north shore.
I believe it will probably take about 6 days.
I already getting anxious.


Let me know when the time gets close, and I'll see if I can ride part of it with you. I'm a shift worker, therefore have a screwy schedule, but lots of time off.

vegasphotog 11-22-2006 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron

and C) you gots enough threads of your own. So there!

You are right Ron....glad you started this thread.....if it is anything like the Ontario thread...it should prosper....:deal :evil :lol3

ZZR_Ron 11-22-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akphotog
You are right Ron....glad you started this thread.....if it is anything like the Ontario thread...it should prosper....:deal :evil :lol3

I'm mostly interested in who the other ADVriders close to me are...

it's unbeleiveable how many people lurk, but never register.

Maybe this'll get 'em outta the closet.


EDIT: The reason I didn't merge it into the other Ontario thread, is that It's actually to about the same distance to Nashville, Tennessee, as it is to Toronto, Ontario.

northern ON rider 11-22-2006 12:38 PM

[quote=Swervin]I am not from the north anymore, but I did live in Thunder Bay for 7 years before i moved back to southern Ontario. Northern Ontario is sure beutiful and i miss it a lot.[quote]

You're like me in reverse. I grew up in London (close to where you are) and now live in Kenora, and am now missing southwestern ontario.

If you're goin to all that trouble for the lakes ride...why not make the detour and come up here. As zzr_ron said he's only one town from me...and some others are in the kenora region too (sioux lookout, or narrows, i forget) so we'd likely meet up somewhere around here...might aswell take a couple extra days and join us.:freaky

N.O.R

northern ON rider 11-22-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron
I know it's only one town over, but when is Harbourfest?

EDIT: my apologies for not inviting Alaska riders, but

A) yer too far away

B) you get my driveway all muddy, and don't clean up well,

and C) you gots enough threads of your own. So there!


August long weekend...last 30 years or so i think.

maybe we can make a split get together...a weekend at the start of summer and a longer one in august...whatta ya think?

N.O.R.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014