ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   XR650R's Fate and Replacement? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247382)

deminimis 07-11-2007 10:32 AM

XR650R's Fate and Replacement?
 
I hear over and over that the XR650R will be no more (although haven't seen the official word yet, but I'm sure some of you know the answer for sure). Assuming the XR650R goes the way of the dinos, any word on its replacement?

Max Kool 07-11-2007 11:11 AM

Yes, BMW makes a worthy successor to the XR650R

(Xchallenge)


:lol3 :freaky

Serious, at the moment it seems like the Japanese are sort of neglecting the 650cc offroad class entirely, which is a shame. With all the experience these companies have developed in the 450 class, you'd think they have enough experience to build a light powerfull (60hp) 650cc single.

stinkfinger 07-11-2007 11:24 AM

I was at my local honda shop the other day and 1 of the partners/
owners was standing there so I asked him "izit true the 650r is gone in 08"
he stared at the floor and looked like he just got grounded from his mom.
I waited................he stared at his shoes.................I kept waiting........
....he cleared his throat............................................ ........................
I finally decided to break the silence " thats what I hear online anyway"

This seems very suspicious to me. These Honda guys are tricky.:huh
Somethings coming......I can feel it:clap


Tony

Scribe 07-11-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Kool
Yes, BMW makes a worthy successor to the XR650R

(Xchallenge)


:lol3 :freaky

Serious, at the moment it seems like the Japanese are sort of neglecting the 650cc offroad class entirely, which is a shame. With all the experience these companies have developed in the 450 class, you'd think they have enough experience to build a light powerfull (60hp) 650cc single.


And it only costs almost twice as much :clap

Zapp22 07-11-2007 12:35 PM

Yes.
Fuel-injected RMZ450 :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by deminimis
I hear over and over that the XR650R will be no more (although haven't seen the official word yet, but I'm sure some of you know the answer for sure). Assuming the XR650R goes the way of the dinos, any word on its replacement?


doyle 07-11-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkfinger
Somethings coming......I can feel it:clap

FI CRF650R?

deminimis 07-11-2007 12:55 PM

FI, inverted forks and a bigger tank would be good places to start/improve. Heck, make it a 680 too Mr. Honda!

snoid 07-11-2007 01:57 PM

...
 
'fraid the die was cast when honda A straddled a crf450.

Max Kool 07-11-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribe
And it only costs almost twice as much :clap

Is that true? Over here the Xchallenge is in the same leage as the KTM 640 Adv or the 625 SXC and the XR650R for example. Take for instance the prices in Italy (where the XR650R is still available with electric start even ).

XR650R: 8800,- Euros
Xchallenge: 8630,- Euros

VegasKLRider 07-11-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deminimis
I hear over and over that the XR650R will be no more (although haven't seen the official word yet, but I'm sure some of you know the answer for sure). Assuming the XR650R goes the way of the dinos, any word on its replacement?

Per Honda's latest MO, the XR 650R will be replaced by either a lighter and faster CBR 600 or a larger and more hulking VTX 1800. Honda seems to have walked away from useable motorcycles.:cry

kirkmoon 07-11-2007 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Kool
Is that true? Over here the Xchallenge is in the same leage as the KTM 640 Adv or the 625 SXC and the XR650R for example. Take for instance the prices in Italy (where the XR650R is still available with electric start even ).

XR650R: 8800,- Euros
Xchallenge: 8630,- Euros

Wow. List price in the US for the XR650R is $6349 (which would correspond to $4619 Euros). Doesn't have electric start (I didn't know any of them did), but sheesh.

And it easy to find these bikes in near new condition on the used market for $3000-$3500.

stinkfinger 07-11-2007 06:37 PM

Brm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by doyle
FI CRF650R?

R700R
Looks a bit like a red katoom 640 adventure. Self adjusting
hydraulic valves. 5 gallon tank. Factory GPS.
Auxillary fresh water tank skidplate(aluminum). 200 watt's of juice.
312 lbs The BRM.
Big Red Mammoth

Tony

LMJ 07-11-2007 06:49 PM

Eh, the cruiser craze has the Japanese completely losing the script. Until that changes, I don't see much of a push for the bikes ADVers tend towards midweight dualsports or adventure tourers. Of course, they've got every conceivable market segment covered with their European and Aussie model lines, but as long as the market research says "Cruisers, Supersports, and streetfighters for the beginners," we're not going to get much else from them. The market says Americans want a bike that says "I'm a jackass with a tiny dick! Pay attention to me!" Large public companies tend not to argue with the market.

winterhk 07-11-2007 10:48 PM

A couple of factory Honda guys in Baja confirmed to me the CRF600 with EFI. Question is, when will it show up? :dunno

Rustler 07-11-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winterhk
A couple of factory Honda guys in Baja confirmed to me the CRF600 with EFI. Question is, when will it show up? :dunno

And how often do you have to check the valves, change the oil, and replace the rings? On my 2000 XRR (org. owner), once every six months, every 1000 miles, never.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014