ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Boise ride this weekend... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276678)

ryanwilliamcantrell 10-17-2007 07:28 PM

Boise ride this weekend...

May 2008

This has merged into more of a "Boise Riders Thread" over then last while... it's a good place to plan and announce rides, and post mini - Ride Reports. It's also a great place to just BS with other local Boise riders.

RWC

I put a new shock in the XT, and am looking to beat the hell out of it RWC style, to make sure it's going to work like I'd hoped.

Looking to ride rough single track (devil's slide and/or Humpdy), or hit the whoopdies at Hemmingway/Rabbit Creek/Fossil, or even just a couple hours at Pickle Butte.

Anyone want to go out and ride hard for three or four hours sometime this weekend? I'm fairly flexible on the times... i just need a partner to ride with in case my bike breaks into pieces and leaves me stranded.:lol2 My two hard-riding buddies are all frail and broken.

Idahosam 10-17-2007 08:13 PM

I might be able to put a couple hours on the KTM this Sunday, Saturday is a nogo for me. I've never been to Pickle Butte or Hemingway?

ditchbanker 10-17-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell
My two hard-riding buddies are all frail and broken.

Might want to think about that statement before you plan on a ride...

:lol3

BTW, barely broken now.

HeadingNorth 10-17-2007 08:28 PM

I may be up for going. Of course I'll be in the baby pool.

capt ed 10-17-2007 08:47 PM

can i go

Quote:

I put a new shock in the XT, and am looking to beat the hell out of it RWC style, to make sure it's going to work like I'd hoped.

Looking to ride rough single track (devil's slide and/or Humpdy), or hit the whoopdies at Hemmingway/Rabbit Creek/Fossil, or even just a couple hours at Pickle Butte.

Anyone want to go out and ride hard for three or four hours sometime this weekend? I'm fairly flexible on the times... i just need a partner to ride with in case my bike breaks into pieces and leaves me stranded.:lol2 My two hard-riding buddies are all frail and broken.

I need to break in my new KTM 990, can you help?:ricky okay I woke up and relized I was dreaming, still just have the DR. :lol3

Idahosam 10-17-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt ed
I need to break in my new KTM 990, can you help?:ricky okay I woke up and relized I was dreaming, still just have the DR. :lol3

Better fix that front fork first; Dreaming about a 990 huh! I know where you can get a sweet 950.

Ditchbanker, can you come out and play? How about just taking some pictures, it's probably safer than riding with demon spawn....Oh, Oh, I mean RWC:rofl

cbmma1969 10-18-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
I may be up for going. Of course I'll be in the baby pool.

Careful remember this is the "baby killer" you're talking about riding with. :rofl

The DRZ is now home so depending on what SWMBO's plans are I may be up for a ride. Need to adjust the clutch and a couple minor things before she's ready to go...

HeadingNorth 10-18-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbmma1969
Careful remember this is the "baby killer" you're talking about riding with. :rofl

The DRZ is now home so depending on what SWMBO's plans are I may be up for a ride. Need to adjust the clutch and a couple minor things before she's ready to go...

The Key to riding with "Darth Ryan" is to NOT follow him everwhere.

Congrats on the DRZ again. As soon as I can swing it I plan to get one. For now the little XL600 will have to do.

ryanwilliamcantrell 10-18-2007 09:41 AM

If Sam's not been to Hemmingway, it might be a good place to go because Ed's 650 will feel like a 1200 at Pickle Butte - it's more of an MX style park and a DS park. At least at Hemmingway, one can ride around the whoopdies, and find alternate routes to various destinations. That's one of the reason's I like Hemmingway - there are several ways to get to any given destination there.

I'm game for Sunday afternoon around 2? That'll give it a little time to warm up, and provide me an opportunity to hang with the fam in the morning?

Ideas?

ryanwilliamcantrell 10-18-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
The Key to riding with "Darth Ryan" is to NOT follow him everwhere.

True. That's why I like Hemmingway - I can take the ugly way, and let the other person take the more comfortable way... and everyone gets there in one piece.

If we can get Sam, Ed, and Phil going... that'd make for real nice afternoon at the park.

Let's find a time that works, eh?

Clint, you in?

Idahosam 10-18-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

If Sam's not been to Hemmingway, it might be a good place to go because Ed's 650 will feel like a 1200 at Pickle Butte - it's more of an MX style park and a DS park. At least at Hemmingway, one can ride around the whoopdies, and find alternate routes to various destinations. That's one of the reason's I like Hemmingway - there are several ways to get to any given destination there.

I'm game for Sunday afternoon around 2? That'll give it a little time to warm up, and provide me an opportunity to hang with the fam in the morning?

Ideas?

Weather is suppose to be decent Sunday, 2 is good but I would perfer meeting closer to 1PM. So, is Hemingway that OHV we pass on the way up to Reyonlds?

ryanwilliamcantrell 10-18-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahosam
Weather is suppose to be decent Sunday, 2 is good but I would perfer meeting closer to 1PM. So, is Hemingway that OHV we pass on the way up to Reyonlds?

1 is good by me. Yes, Hemmingway is the park on your right (and left for that matter), as you go the front way into Reynolds.

Idahosam 10-18-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

1 is good by me. Yes, Hemmingway is the park on your right (and left for that matter), as you go the front way into Reynolds.

OK, 1 ish sounds good!

Burtonridr 10-18-2007 01:44 PM

I might be up for it, it depends on when I get back from the hotsprings sunday morning and how hung over I am. Im up for a day ride on Saturday though :ricky

cbmma1969 10-18-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

True. That's why I like Hemmingway - I can take the ugly way, and let the other person take the more comfortable way... and everyone gets there in one piece.

If we can get Sam, Ed, and Phil going... that'd make for real nice afternoon at the park.

Let's find a time that works, eh?

Clint, you in?

Count me as a maybe, I'll have to put the (used) 606's back on the drz before (semi)serious play. The current rubber is well worn and more street oriented.

Are we talking meeting 1:00 pm at Hemmingway or... ?

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:12 PM.