ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Interested in a Charleston, SC ADVdinner? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319369)

JAFO 03-08-2008 11:21 PM

Charleston, SC ADVdinner

Title says it all.

I see other regions have these- I'd like to have one in the area.

Who's interested in a monthly ADVdinner at a restaurant in the area?

twistydave 03-09-2008 07:31 PM

I'm in. How about the Joker? Just joking!!! hahaha

NaDSoB 03-10-2008 07:45 AM

charleston area adv dinner

Hi, guys!

Count me in!
As long as I'm in town, I'm coming to dinner, just say when and where.

Rob

gsilvernale 03-11-2008 05:16 PM

Count me in if I am in town and my wife will let me out to play.

JAFO 03-11-2008 07:08 PM

sounds good, guys. If it's soon, I may be caging it. Just had a down. Haven't been able to inspect the bike, though I was able to ride the rest of the way to work. Something feels "off" though. Knee feels tweaked, too. :(

I know, I know-- if I wore proper ATGATT, (armored pants), this wouldn't'a happened. I'm off to NewEnough to order 'em right now...

a.hoglen 03-12-2008 05:34 PM

i'm in on this clown car!

=alan

JAFO 03-12-2008 07:14 PM

Thanks for asking via PM and the like if all's ok, folks- I'm fine. Knee swelled a bit but an Ace bandage took care of it. Just some minor rash. Let's hear it for abnormally light traffic. :)

So what kind of restaurant are we looking for, when's best for you folks, etc? I would probably advise we keep it somewhat moderate in terms of price, and off the beaten path (ie: not Applebee's, maybe something local?) Whatever you folks want, let me know.

NaDSoB 03-14-2008 04:11 PM

restaurant choices

There's a Brazilian steak house in Goose Creek on Red Bank Road that's awesome (a little pricey, though)!
There's a great Mexican restaurant on St. James across from Gilligan's that's excellent and reasonable.
Wild Wings is always great! Lots of good choices out there!

Let's eat!

Rob

JAFO 03-17-2008 07:11 AM

Ya'll up for some barbeque?
Best barbeque on the planet: Chicken Comers. Columbus, GA.

Although, dad just called and told me that they've got a family member's come to Mt Pleasant and set up shop. Dad tried it and said it was the same recipe.

How's this Sunday sound? I have to work Saturday. :(

Of course, democracy rules- so: weeknight, or weekend, folks? Don't mind me, I'll be along when I can. :)

JAFO 03-24-2008 11:56 AM

BBQ place is called Ray's BBQ, on Coleman Blvd in Mt. Pleasant.

Just went there for lunch with Dad. Stuff is gooooood. Boston butt, brisket, ribs, all manner of sides, and that's just the stuff I remember.

Open 1000-800 Monday-Saturday, closed sunday. I'd suggest we go Saturday, but I have to work.

If ya go without me and want the hot stuff, ask for Phil's Phenix, AL "Special" hot sauce (and bring lots of water with ya. :) )

fox102 03-28-2008 07:37 PM

does a 99 bandit 600S count?

i'm in charleston, new to the forum but would love to meet up with some folks for some riding and food.....let me know...

JAFO 03-29-2008 03:54 AM

ANYthing on 2 wheels counts.

Heck, show up in a cage, we don't care. :)

twistydave 03-29-2008 05:17 PM

How about Brecks on 52 across from the automile/super kmart. Andolins pizza is good too by Trident Tech. Sunday or Monday sound good. I'm hungreeeey

fox102 04-02-2008 02:47 AM

any decisions on where and when?

:huh looks llike we are still trying to come up with a place...or a date....

Hughlysses 04-02-2008 03:01 AM

Any of the mentioned eateries sounds good. I think we can round up a few more advriders with a few e-mails too.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:17 AM.