ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Southwest Moto (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418094)

openboatt 12-24-2008 07:00 PM

Southwest Moto

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I just canceled an order for just shy of 400 bucks with Southwest Moto Tires. Hereís why. After I received confirmation of my order for 3 tires, I responded with the following message:

This information is correct. Kindly do not sell my name and contact information, including my street or email address. Thank you. tjs<o:p></o:p>

This is a standard request I make of anyone I do business with online and if you donít want junk mail or spam, you should too. Get a load of the response I got back from someone named <st1:city w:st="on">blaine</st1:city> (sic) at <st1:place w:st="on">Southwest Moto</st1:place>: <o:p></o:p>

WE have been in business since Jan 1 of 2000 and have never sold, or given away any customer information. We do not store your information for future orders nor do we email you for sales or other crap. We did not solicit your business this time nor will we in the future. YOu found us, not the other way around.If you are as good as we are then you do not have to seek out business, it will find you. If you want us again , we will still be here. You will only hear from us if we hear from you first.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks for your order and have a merry Christmas which is a day of celebration of the Birth of Christ.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">blaine</st1:place></st1:city><o:p></o:p>

Happy Holidays, <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">blaine</st1:place></st1:city>.

Jim Bud 12-24-2008 07:03 PM

I have no problem with your or their response.....at least someone read it....can't say that for most places you order from....

BTW, I will be placing another order with them on Friday.....

Merry Christmas....

izzy's 12-24-2008 07:12 PM

It looks like Southwest Moto is the perfect company for you to do business with. This fellow was telling you that they are exactly what you want. What in the world wadded your panties so tight?

marty hill 12-24-2008 07:12 PM

Sorry, but I don't see the problem. I've ordered at least 17 sets of tires from them. Oh, and I hope losing your order doesn't put them out of business.:rofl

GB 12-24-2008 07:20 PM

Vendor rants moved to Vendors.

I've ordered from the countless times... and received satisfaction every time.

Boon Booni 12-24-2008 07:27 PM

Got to agree with the above. You said "don't sell my info", he said "we don't, Merry Christmas."

What's the issue? Not enough ass kissing?

homeontherange 12-24-2008 07:30 PM

...perfect response. I'm sure they won't miss your business

sdpc2 12-24-2008 07:33 PM

must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed

seemed ok to me too... a bit agressive, but saying exactly what you wanted them to.

Renazco 12-24-2008 07:34 PM

I could see Blaine saying that, he's too funny :lol3

Don't take it personal man, he really is a cool guy to deal with.
He won't sell your info and he's an honest person to deal with, he loves to ride and if you met him personally you would always buy from him.

Most of the time he's a one man operation selling tires at almost cost, dunno how he does it but his tire delivery service and prices can't be beat by anyone..

Genghis Swan 12-24-2008 07:34 PM

I think it's mute point, as SW Moto just sold out to a big dealer so I'd be surprised if you will get any response in the future.

spafxer 12-24-2008 07:38 PM

Was it "the celebration of the birth of Christ" that offended you?
I agree, good riddance of you as a customer!

openboatt 12-24-2008 07:47 PM

Ah

"Was it "the celebration of the birth of Christ" that offended you?"

...just the response I'd expect from Ventura Co. CA obt

GSA GIRL 12-24-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzy's
It looks like Southwest Moto is the perfect company for you to do business with. This fellow was telling you that they are exactly what you want. What in the world wadded your panties so tight?

Copy That! SW Moto Rocks!

MJS 12-24-2008 08:37 PM

And the issue is?

I must be missing something. You didn't want them to share your info. And they said they don't / won't. Seems that's what you wanted / asked for.

PS: SW Moto has always done right by me.

Merry Christmas (which is the celebration of the birth of Christ), Happy Hanuka (celebration of Light) or if like me you're not particularly religious, Happy New Year.

Gezerbike 12-24-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzy's

:thumb

I gonna go out on a limb here and suspect you were still at your X-Mas Party, pooched, when you wrote them, and then posted that. Hint, say yes, and use it as an easy way out of this. :D

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:24 PM.