ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Asia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Any ADVriders in Hong Kong? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42482)

hk_rider 05-20-2004 05:01 PM

Any ADVriders in Hong Kong?

i know there isn't much ADVriding to be done in HK, but I can't be the only one can I?

sandgroper 05-25-2004 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hk_rider
i know there isn't much ADVriding to be done in HK, but I can't be the only one can I?

Its hard to believe, all alone in HKG
Ed

Humungus 05-25-2004 11:33 AM

But man what a great tunnel to fire roman candles at your mates in the other taxi beside you. no fun when they get through the window gap though !

motozilla 05-26-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Do you ever park your GS along the waterway near the Excelsior Hotel??? If so I saw it the last time I was in HK. I wish I had a bike while I was there but it's usually in and out of town in 3-5 days and some of that involves travel to Canton. Where can you ride off road over there without going into China???

hk_rider 06-13-2004 02:59 PM

Nope, i'm afraid that's not my GS.

There really isn't anywhere you can ride off-road in Hong Kong. I've been looking and the only places I've found are unguarded construction sites near the new airport. Having said that, dualsports are still great in the city because they rip up the traffic and they're not too bad on the tight twisties on the South side of the Island.

slowoldguy 06-13-2004 06:27 PM

Construction sites?

Good God men, give a brother some love ! I think we need to start a fund much like the AMA Airfence fund started by RRWorld to build a fire road around Hong Kong so he'll have someplace to ride. Really, I guess it COULD be worse . He could be living on a horribly overpopulated semi-autonomous couple of tiny islands directly off the coast of the only remaining Communist super power.

katoom_950 03-17-2005 01:24 AM

Bumped!

Quote:

Im there hk_rider! Sorry, I dont really ever check on this forum as there is nothing ever about HK/China.

I have a 950S Go!!!!!! You can find me most Sundays out at Luk Keng harrassing sports bikes. There is some off road riding here up in the NT around Shek Kong and also at the MX Club www.mxclub.com.hk or indeed the HKSX Club www.hksx.net you have to ride off road to even get to the MX Club but I think they have just made some new road out there, it is behind the Fanling Golf Course.

Im in Beijing right now and even have a 950 just delivered (but not out of bonded storage) in Tianjin that will be plated and kept in Beijing. I hope to be organising a ride or two over the next 12 to 18 months so PM me sometime and we can hook up for a blast or two.

Frank Warner 03-17-2005 02:10 PM

And then there were two.

Errr try the horizions unlimited site ....

katoom_950 03-17-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Warner

Why would I want to do that? :confused

mujiburrahman 09-18-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Warner (Post 1331954)
And then there were two.

Since 2005 and up until now still 2 advriders?

Hmm ...

Pib 09-27-2011 12:28 AM

hey
I am farily noob, but can be a new one too!
just get in HK, and thinking to get a trail bike. But no idea if there are some good trails in NT, and even if it is possible to cross border to go for China just for 1-2 days and ride there some off roads.
any new forums? keep me posted, can be interested

tkent02 09-27-2011 01:13 AM

I go to Hong Kong all the time, was there day before yesterday.
Tried to rent a motorcycle to zip around on, no luck.
Are there any bikes to rent in the entire place?

deguoren 09-30-2011 11:36 PM

no chance

I tried 2 years ago, but there seems no chance at all to rent a bike or even a scooter in all of HK,
didnt knew about the MC club, thats a must do for the next time!

And the even offer tours into China!

JZH 10-12-2011 01:55 PM

Well...I'm moving to HK in December, so if I can find someplace to dump numerous motorcycles, three tool rollaways, machine tools and miscellaneous accoutrement, I will be up for some exploring (at least up to the water's edge and the 'lectric fence!)

I'm just going to ship everything over and hope for the best, but at the moment it does not appear that HKers are familiar with the "man cave" concept...:(:

Ciao,

katoom_950 10-22-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JZH (Post 17060924)
Well...I'm moving to HK in December, so if I can find someplace to dump numerous motorcycles, three tool rollaways, machine tools and miscellaneous accoutrement, I will be up for some exploring (at least up to the water's edge and the 'lectric fence!)

I'm just going to ship everything over and hope for the best, but at the moment it does not appear that HKers are familiar with the "man cave" concept...:(:

Ciao,

Give me a list of the equipment etc and I will look into passing on some contact details if there is any reciprocal interest for this side i.e. HK and bike/car enthusiasts...

Andy

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:12 AM.