ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   North American Tag-O-Rama! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429115)

Wingfixer 03-11-2009 06:56 PM

Alrighty then, the week of March 22nd I am going to Ohio, April 5th I am (tentatively) going to New England. If I can get him I will take BlockHead on walkabout.

vatrader01 03-12-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingfixer
Sorry dude, not to worry though I think I left it just to the left of your doorstep.

Thanks, but no thanks. Less than 72 hours prior to you taking this tag shot, the same exact location looked like this:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...747skyline.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...b9ca1bb6_m.jpg

According to the Sheriffs Dept, this is an active federal investigation. Identities have not been released yet. I got grilled hard enough on the phone for asking about the site, I can't imagine what it would be like to be caught stomping around out there on the scene, several feet from where law enforcement engaged in a full fledged shootout ending with a fatality. Taunting Federal Cops ain't on my list of things to do right now. Any cop, for that matter. I gotta live here, long after the tag is gone.

Wingfixer 03-12-2009 07:32 AM

I hadn't heard anything about that, but then I do tend to keep my head in the sand, or in the helmet, when I am home. If others feel the same I will move the tag to another locale.

If no one has claimed it, or shown interest in claiming it, by Monday AM then I will go retrieve BlockHead and move him.

FOXedupONE 03-12-2009 12:47 PM

Should we be able to grab tag and fly to replant?

Last Sunday I was really tempted to grab furby and the tag before my trip down here to Mexico, rent a bike in Cancun, they have some cool F800GS's available and plant the tag at a Mayan ruin or something. Mexico is in North America right? But I wasn't sure about how ok it was to grab a tag and fly somwhere to plant it somewhere else. Plus it would have just died down here unless there are a bunch of ADV'ers down here on the Yucatan peninsula following this thread...doubt it. Someone would have had to take a vacation or a very long ride to grab it down here.

Anyway it will eventually have to get out of VA. We need to have more of a following of some long distance riders in here to fling this thing to all 50 states and Canada...I'm sure it will pick up this summer.

FOXedupONE 03-12-2009 12:51 PM

Oh no! They're gonna find Blockhead and think he's involved in some way.

Wingfixer 03-12-2009 01:17 PM

Blinkerfluid is the final say but my vote is that BlockHead can only move on 2 wheels. As I posted earlier he will be on the move soon....

donnymoto 03-12-2009 03:15 PM

Well it's a really bad thing that happened without a doubt. I"ll bet it's a first for any tagorama, an open tag that becomes a murder scene.

Blinkerfluid 03-12-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
Last Sunday I was really tempted to grab furby and the tag before my trip down here to Mexico, rent a bike in Cancun, they have some cool F800GS's available and plant the tag at a Mayan ruin or something. Mexico is in North America right? But I wasn't sure about how ok it was to grab a tag and fly somwhere to plant it somewhere else. Plus it would have just died down here unless there are a bunch of ADV'ers down here on the Yucatan peninsula following this thread...doubt it. Someone would have had to take a vacation or a very long ride to grab it down here.

Anyway it will eventually have to get out of VA. We need to have more of a following of some long distance riders in here to fling this thing to all 50 states and Canada...I'm sure it will pick up this summer.

While that would be a very inventive way to move the tag a great distance.. I'm going to have to say that's not the intent of the game.. So yea, move the tag on 2 wheels only please :D

XC Rider 03-12-2009 04:36 PM

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda......

Should've gone and grabbed the N.A. tag. Instead, I went for the VA tag and got bruced!:becca

HBN 03-12-2009 04:38 PM

The way this thread is going, they might as well call it the VA Tag :lol3

FOXedupONE 03-12-2009 06:22 PM

VA tag #2 who's rules give it the potential to go to Alaska and far flung places but it seems like it will have a hard time leaving VA let alone the east coast.

TAT tag should be next that should move along during the season.

Ok Blinker I won't fly with the tag. So who's gonna go rescue blockhead from a crime scene and take him far...far away?

screamin injin 03-12-2009 08:46 PM

I'm not scared, but too far. :evil

Wingfixer 03-17-2009 09:35 AM

Between the weather and other commitments I am not going to be able to move this before I leave for work today. So, if no one gets it before I get back on the 23rd I might just have to take it to Ohio with me.

stevie t 03-17-2009 09:44 AM

I'm in for Ontario

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingfixer
I have a question for all the ADV riders/readers out there, this “North American” tag has been staying pretty local to the Central East Coast and I am wondering if anybody a little further out reads this, and wants to play. The reason I ask is that over the next few months I will be making some fairly lengthy trips, assuming that I could get the tag before one of these trips is there going to be anybody interested in having the NA tag brought to their area? I will be heading to North East Ohio, Montréal/Toronto, Florida, possibly New England and in July Denver and points West. If anybody reads this thread and is from any of those areas speak up and I will see what I can do.

Toronto or Ontario would work for me....

HBN 03-17-2009 09:45 AM

Took the afternoon off tomorrow to go riding (thats what Vacation time is for:evil) I may just have to swing on up and hangout with blockhead:augie

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:18 AM.