ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   North American Tag-O-Rama! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429115)

MAN OF BLUES 07-07-2009 11:10 AM

cool location...but....?

I really hate to ask this, but isn't there something about having a "motorcycle in a picture at the tag site" that is the basis for all this????

:huh :shog

I'm sure you took a least one shot of the bikes while there....maybe?

WhistlingFool 07-07-2009 11:24 AM

Good Point!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
I really hate to ask this, but isn't there something about having a "motorcycle in a picture at the tag site" that is the basis for all this????

Let us consider a couple of points...

I think I have a picture, but the camera shorted out, and I am letting it dry for DAYS before I try to re-power it and get the pictures off. I do not have a card reader for the type chip in the camera. I used the camera in the cell phone and the std camera to take position pics of the egg, but neglected to take any bike pics with the cell cam...

Kawi4life may have a few pictures when he resurfaces, but it will be a motorcycle in a fog bank and will not be very indicative of place in this circumstance.

as a point of discussion, isn't possession of the mascot the "thing".. IE.. if you end up with it, then I must have been there, but I get the point.. with no pictures of a bike, who is to say we didn't walk up the mountain ..hmmmmmm?? :D

phideaux 07-07-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing. I know of another Tag thread where I guy forfeited the tag because he forgot to.............GET A PICTURE OF THE TAG AND THE MOTORCYCLE. :deal

WhistlingFool 07-07-2009 12:23 PM

A Picture..

This is the parking lot of the Summit..

In order to win this Tag, you must have a picture with your bike in a cloud:evil!!

http://www.whistlingfool.com/imga0856.jpg

WhistlingFool 07-07-2009 03:33 PM

Ooooo I get misty...

1 Attachment(s)
and for what it is worth... lol.. here is a shot of me holding the ziplock with the black mesh bag inside.. not that you can tell... like I said conditions up top were ugly..

EvilClown 07-07-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Been checking this game as of late...not seeing it in the list.:dunno

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
So these Tag games seem to be pretty popular, but so far they've been limited to a specific state or regional area. I thought it would be a good game to open up tagging to anywhere in North America. The idea behind this game is to Tag some of the best locations in the country. I'd like to see it go from Coast to Coast, so as such I'll post the first tag shortly on the East Coast.

Rules for this version:

#1 File photos are not allowed.

#2 Dirt is allowed; however, let everyone know that the route to the tag includes dirt roads. Also, use your judgement on placing the tag to ensure that someone else will most likely come and get it, i.e. don't turn this into the "lets see who can find the most obscure tag location in history" thread.

#3 Have fun!

EDIT: Blah! I hate too many rules, but I suppose they're necessary.

Additional Rules:

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)

Rules may be modified or added later if it is determined that they are needed to promote movement of the tag.

If you don't know how the Tag game works, please review some of the other Tag games that are currently in play:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321439

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360246

There are others as well.

I do have a question though. When we say 'North America' is it safe to assume Canada (and Mexico for that matter) is included as well.

Ok. Two questions. Do I need a Dremel tool/engraver to play?:D

MAN OF BLUES 07-07-2009 04:37 PM

phehhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilClown

there's one in every crowd......:rofl :rofl :kbasa

It's pretty much understood by the first "tag" in every game so far, that a bike...in a picture of a location...defines a tag. The matter of the chicken,the egg, the duck or even the blockhead for that matter all came later....

yes, you need a dremel to play, and a lonnnnnnnnggggggggggg extension cord.
:lurk

ST-Ranger 07-07-2009 04:51 PM

OH!!! I see clearly now why the photos of the day had such a hard time making the trip to the computer. And I thought some of my night time shots in the rain were hard to get. It is good to see you were able to get something out of the trip to the top on such a day as that.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
One day, a long time ago, I was driving a group of people home, from a weekend in the great white north, and as we drove down the notch road one of the ladies in the van said something about never in her 60 some years of living in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Hampshire</st1:place></st1:State> she had never been to the top of the mountain. As it was in full view at the time, clear blue sky, we turned into the road for the top and took her up. As you say, it is only eight miles long and it starts off easy enough that she did not seem to mind one bit about our little detour for that day. It was not until we hit the tree line and the twisty little dirt road section with drop offs that did not look like they stop until you hit bottom that she said she is just a bit scared of heights. We made it to the top and the temps were cool, but the sky was still clear and the view was endless on this day. An event we all will not forget in our life times.<o:p></o:p>
So I look forward to the inmates trip to retrieve the TAG (and Egg) from there lofty heights and the ride report of the trip there and onto the next location.<o:p></o:p>
Game on and way to go!!!

ST-Ranger 07-07-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

I do have a question though. When we say 'North America' is it safe to assume Canada (and Mexico for that matter) is included as well.

On the subject of the photo of the bike, at the TAG location, it is not spelled out on this thread, but they do tell you to look at how the game is played on ohter TOR threads. So yes, I think a photo of the bike is needed at the TAG location.

On the subject of North America. It has been answered too, in this thread, that you can drop it anywhere in North America, as long as you drive the bike the distance to do so.

One inmate had talked about flying to a location and renting a bike for the day and putting the TAG at the location he flew to. This was not something that the group wanted to be done. So as long as you can drive it there and somebody can drive there after it. It should be a good location to place the TAG. Now that being said, it is also good to keep the game going if we can. So if someone were to drive it to Cancun and drop it there, it might slow things down if no other inmates were up for the trip there to pick it up and move it along.

So lets have some fun with it while we can and keep it moving around to as many locations as we can. And lets not forget one of the goals is to get from coast to coast. I'm sure others could be added as time goes on.

WhistlingFool 07-07-2009 05:13 PM

...thoughts

... I can see someone.. pictures in hand... focused on the target... in a hurry even... a bit edgy even.. they have made it to the top, perhaps in better conditions, but regardless it is an adrenaline rush.... the pupils are full open by the time you get up there... so there our intrepid hero is lining up the photos and he has his/her arm shoulder deep in a hole ... when he hears the click/click of the assault rifle being prepared as the voice says, just what the hell are you doing , son? Then there is the long explanation about how grown men are running around the country stashing an Egg for... fun... playing a game of... errr.. Tag.... I try to explain it and get some odd looks.. one woman, not from away, up at Quoddy Head seemed to get it, but still thought we were a bit qeee-ahh... that's maine talk for "not quite right in the head"... kinda like that Forest gump dude runnin through town....

EvilClown has an an abnormally strong attraction to Tags... I would highly recommend anyone even thinking about it, do it... or you will not have the privildge of freeing Egg from one of the most inhospitable places you could be this time of year... and he thought those flabby tourist asses were tough...

FYI the road opens early for sunrises a few times each summer..

I saw many people that were coming up the trail, having hiked all the way... they were soaked through... with the wind speeds up there, the moisture from the clouds just sticks to you... in 2005 I ended a 3 week trip with a run up the mountain, and it was clear... a bit hazy but clear, and wonderfully cool, as down below it was in the 90's

If you go up... try to time it so you have a nice gap in front and don't hurry... cars tend to go much slower than you would prefer to go on your bike, leaving you clutching and moving too slow for easy control....

EvilClown 07-07-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

there's one in every crowd......:rofl :rofl :kbasa

Indeed there is. Funny. I was thinking exactly the same thing when the subject was brought up.:lol3

:beer

EvilClown 07-07-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST-Ranger
On the subject of the photo of the bike, at the TAG location, it is not spelled out on this thread, but they do tell you to look at how the game is played on ohter TOR threads. So yes, I think a photo of the bike is needed at the TAG location.

On the subject of North America. It has been answered too, in this thread, that you can drop it anywhere in North America, as long as you drive the bike the distance to do so.

One inmate had talked about flying to a location and renting a bike for the day and putting the TAG at the location he flew to. This was not something that the group wanted to be done. So as long as you can drive it there and somebody can drive there after it. It should be a good location to place the TAG. Now that being said, it is also good to keep the game going if we can. So if someone were to drive it to Cancun and drop it there, it might slow things down if no other inmates were up for the trip there to pick it up and move it along.

So lets have some fun with it while we can and keep it moving around to as many locations as we can. And lets not forget one of the goals is to get from coast to coast. I'm sure others could be added as time goes on.

Thanx! Figgered it was the case but couldn't bring myself to wade through 50 pages.

Maybe when the egg isn't located in a North American snow snake hole I'll go for it...that and the $14 required to ride my KLR to get it...:lol3

MaineThumpah 07-07-2009 05:47 PM

Excellent spot, WF.
I've been up on a clear day, and it is simply unexplainable.

I can vouch for you; that is definitley your blue Triumph, and Kaw4life with the KLR in that pic...The old triumph...? I'm not so sure who that is...?

Everyone else, if you get a chance, read the history section of their website. Pretty interesting stuff: "Black powder was the explosive, and blasting holes were all drilled by hand..."

Keep in mind, if you're going for the egg this coming weekend- Saturday there is a bike race, and the road doesn't open until 12:30...

Ride safe! :D

MaineThumpah 07-07-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Thanx! Figgered it was the case but couldn't bring myself to wade through 50 pages.

Maybe when the egg isn't located in a North American snow snake hole I'll go for it...that and the $14 required to ride my KLR to get it...:lol3

$14 is almost as much as I paid for my AP topcase...:lol3

EDIT:...Which I just happened to buy at a wal-mart at the base of this mountain. You know, so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax...

whizzerwheel 07-08-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

EC...it's located at the bottom of the regional forums page in a sticky. And... use the dremel on Mr Egg only if you want to go down in NA tago history...otherwise....don't and risk being forgotten.:wink:

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:27 PM.