ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Regional forums (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   North American Tag-O-Rama! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429115)

42 01-02-2010 10:59 AM

<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 11771416" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 width=125 align=middle>nukeman</TD><TD class=alt2>The spirit and intent of the game is to get people off their butts and on their bikes and having fun.
Nitpicking rules will do far more harm to the game by chasing off new participants than anything else, and filling this thread with BS and threatening to subvert the SPIRIT of the game with Brucings, when we all knew the egg was on the move, only makes it worse.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

+1 :thumb

docgonzo 01-02-2010 11:26 AM

Twitter-fest

I'd suggest you all stop twittering like little girls and get back to posting when you get a tag, and while you have the tag. Otherwise, hit Jo Mamma!

guymanbro 01-02-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docgonzo
I'd suggest you all stop twittering like little girls and get back to posting when you get a tag, and while you have the tag. Otherwise, hit Jo Mamma!

Oh damn, I've been too busy over the holidaze to get involved in all the bitching and moaning. I guess I'll just whine about that instead.:webers

Anyway, I for one am psyched the egg made it to the west coast. Seems, no matter where it is or how it got there, someone is miffed because it didn't get close to them. Good on the tag team duo for sending the egg to the Pacific Coast. :clap :clap :clap

Now the question is, can I ride studded tires from Colorado to California? :ear

dirtymartini 01-02-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42
<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 11771416" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 width=125 align=middle>nukeman</TD><TD class=alt2>The spirit and intent of the game is to get people off their butts and on their bikes and having fun.
Nitpicking rules will do far more harm to the game by chasing off new participants than anything else, and filling this thread with BS and threatening to subvert the SPIRIT of the game with Brucings, when we all knew the egg was on the move, only makes it worse.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

+1 :thumb

+1,000,000,000

This obsessive anal retentive nitpicking about the rules is ruining the game if you asked me (which you didn't) Rules are bent, rules are broken...that's life. The tag moved , and it moved a lot. That's what I think it's all about. But that's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like:lol3

RC Pilot 01-02-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukeman
The spirit and intent of the game is to get people off their butts and on their bikes and having fun.
Nitpicking rules will do far more harm to the game by chasing off new participants than anything else, and filling this thread with BS and threatening to subvert the SPIRIT of the game with Brucings, when we all knew the egg was on the move, only makes it worse.

Now to get the tag you need to get a bike shot at Hodad's (not Motomac's sidewalk) and go to Motomac's house and trade him a beer for the egg. (it's in the rules... honest!)

I think a new rule should allow the banning of all "lawyer wannabes". (you know who...)

I just wish I lived close enough to Motomac to thank him in person for his help in moving it to warmer weather, and for putting up with this BS.

Maybe the egg could use a nice long "Mexican Vacation". :augie

Nukeman, I'll be straight up with you. If there are folks that do not wish to abide by the established rules set forth for the game we would be better off not having them in the game.

It is great that Moto posted up a shot of where Mr. Egg is, but hopefully the next player will actually play the game as intended.

Digiamo 01-03-2010 01:51 PM

We broke rules...now let's get back to basics.
Crime paid in this case

Don't make a habit of it you FF's.

RC Pilot 01-03-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digiamo
We broke rules...now let's get back to basics.
Crime paid in this case

Don't make a habit of it you FF's.

OK. Now the question is; WHO will take Mr. Egg WHERE next? Someone rescue him before some bird tries to hatch him!:D

EvilClown 01-03-2010 02:28 PM

Ahhhhh...peace and harmony again.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMiKIBG3UJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMiKIBG3UJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pbharvey 01-03-2010 02:32 PM

Is my math correct?

90,000 miles?

At 60 mph, you'd be riding 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 37 1/2 weeks!
(and dropping about $5 grand or so in gas)

How do you manage to rack up those kind of miles?

motomac 01-03-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbharvey
90,000 miles?

I have a house in OH and a girlfriend in CA and I'm retired. I went to many ST-Owner events. I tagged many different states going back and forth across the country. I did 9 tags in 8 states in 7 days once. (we have split TX into 2 parts and CA into 3 parts, and I think the FL guys are trying to decide where they are splitting FL.) The only states I didn't hit this year were HI, ME, AK, ID, WA and OR.
I used 4 rear tires on the present Wing, and 2 fronts. Two more tires are being delivered tomorrow. I bought it April 27 and it has almost 71K on the clock.
I was second in our mileage contest!!! The winner was over 100K.

Dr. Beard 01-03-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomac
2010 miles 808

Ha! Badass. :1drink

halmc 01-04-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02TAC
Nukeman, I'll be straight up with you. If there are folks that do not wish to abide by the established rules set forth for the game we would be better off not having them in the game.

There is a similar but converse solution that bellows forth from this post.

Is there anyone out there who can't hear it?

Incidentally, the mascot issue (having some sort of icon, e.g., the egg) yesterday arose to its logical concluson in the North Florida TOR when a rider reached and photographed the tag location on a bike, but could not find the mascot. Another rider later photo'd the tag and found the mascot and claimed the tag. The earlier rider assumed she was the second to ride to the tag and never claimed it.

Sooner or later, it seems to me, that in each TOR game that has a mascot, they'll come a time when players have to decide whether it's about the ride or about a treasure hunt.

Since we're batting girlish twitters about, here's mine: the mascot idea is goofy and a distraction from the whole idea behind TOR's, as current activity in this North American TOR illustrates. Some dude moves the tag 2,000 miles and principal response is whining about the goofy-ass egg.

Not that I feel strongly enough about the issue to ride to California, but if or when I catch hold of the egg . . .

haystack 01-04-2010 05:24 PM

Wow

Quote:

90,000 miles?

Quote:

With 91,607 miles this year (at that is before his trip back to San Diego) he spends far more time in the saddle than most of us so let's give him a break ok?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Or...... 91,607 miles per year, divided by 365 days =
250 miles per day, everyday! YeaHaw, that is alot of saddletime!:eek1

Wreckchecker 01-04-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

90,000 miles?

I'd heard about Mac, as he is fairly well known in the LD world that a number of FJR and ST13 owners ride in.

Case in point, is that he moved the egg 1900 miles in 2 1/2 days, and thinks it was a normal and uneventful ride!

MAN OF BLUES 01-05-2010 09:47 AM

Ho Hummmmmm....

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomac
That certainly clears things up for me. The egg is located in the bird feeder at 4775 Del Monte Ave. San Diego CA. I'll post a picture when the sun comes up.

well, this is moving right along.....
geez, maybe the west coast folks need a freakin zipcode along with the addresss to provoke a tag attempt.....I mean geez, you gave the address.....and still it sits.......

Times Square tag got grabbed faster.

:lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk

Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:33 AM.